FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Thanks Bev!! It does feel fantabuloso!! I'm chuffed that people might be inspired by me this week!!:flirt2: However, if you feel that 1lb in 4 weeks is slow, you may feel encouraged (and quite human) to know that the week before Christmas I was 11st 6.5lb, so it has taken me 28 weeks to lose 4.5lb!! I have basically been treading water for 6 months! But my hubby put a positive slant on it for me by pointing out that I have not only lost some since Christmas(!) but I have proved that I can maintain the weight I've lost over the past 20 months! So there's no race, and it's not about if we get there, it's about when we get there and for how long we stay there (which I hope will be for ever!!!)X

Great post. I totally agree. I think you are a great inspiration. I'm pretty certain that you were one of the people that I saw with a big loss that inspired me to think about what I could achieve on SW when I first came on Minimins last year sometime. It made me think that I could actually think about getting to a 'normal' weight rather than just thinking about losing a bit. So thanks to you and a few others like you for making me think (and then do) what I never even dreamt I might achieve :D

I will get around to it at some point I promise!! Thank you so much again!! You're certainly good for my self esteem lol!!:p Not good at taking compliments me!!! :sigh: I AM proud of myself for getting this far and changing my ways for good (at least that's the plan;)!) but the self-critic is always lurking unfortunately!! You say you wish you were there, well keep up your enthusiasm, and let's face it you really really want this, and you'll be there very soon!! You know what to do, you have the tools to do it, so what's stopping you?! Maybe write a list of all the reasons you want to do it and a list of all the things that are stopping you!! You'll be surprised at how long the list of positives is!!!XXXX

Be proud. Because you have done brilliantly :) Well done on your loss this week. And whatever the result next week, be confident that you will get there eventually, no matter when it is.

Wow thank you so much!!! :D I'm pleased as punch that I have inspired you!! It's been very slow progress but nearly there now! If someone had told me at the start I would take nearly 2 years to do it I would have gone off in a huff!! But looking back I'm glad I've done it slowly as I've had a life along the way! If I am any inspiration to anyone I would like to show them that it's OK to take it slowly as you're more likely to change habits long term, and you can have lots of yummy treats along the way!! Thank you once again!! You're doing great yourself, just keep at it and NEVER give up- even when you feel at your weakest and want to throw it all in, be kind to yourself, hold on tight and those feelings will pass and you'll come out the other end feeling stronger and more determined!!XXX

I would agree about how long it takes. I knew it was going to be a long journey - at the start I thought 18 months - 2 years. Now I think maybe 18 months but maybe still 2 years, even more ??? But I don't care. I feel so fantastic with how far I've come that it doesn't matter and I can see that you feel the same. I'm so pleased for you.

So, thanks Heather for being one of the people that has kept me at it (even if you didn't know it !) and helped me feel just brilliant :D

Gail x

Great post. I totally agree. I think you are a great inspiration. I'm pretty certain that you were one of the people that I saw with a big loss that inspired me to think about what I could achieve on SW when I first came on Minimins last year sometime. It made me think that I could actually think about getting to a 'normal' weight rather than just thinking about losing a bit. So thanks to you and a few others like you for making me think (and then do) what I never even dreamt I might achieve :D

Be proud. Because you have done brilliantly :) Well done on your loss this week. And whatever the result next week, be confident that you will get there eventually, no matter when it is.

I would agree about how long it takes. I knew it was going to be a long journey - at the start I thought 18 months - 2 years. Now I think maybe 18 months but maybe still 2 years, even more ??? But I don't care. I feel so fantastic with how far I've come that it doesn't matter and I can see that you feel the same. I'm so pleased for you.

So, thanks Heather for being one of the people that has kept me at it (even if you didn't know it !) and helped me feel just brilliant :D

Gail x

Thank you so much for this Gail!! It honesty hadn't occurred to me that people may see me as an inspiration! I just see myself as doing my own thing, plodding along, chipping away and enjoying having a life!! I have learnt so much about myself doing this and it's been a real revelation learning how to acheive moderation, something I didn't realise I was even capable of!! Sure, it's hard work at times when I'm feeling down in the dumps and weak or when my hard work isn't being rewarded, or when I feel like a total failure!! But overall I find it pretty workable around life- it just takes quite a bit of organisation and planning to eat properly!!

Now onto you!! You have done absolutely AMAZINGLY well to have lost 5 stone in the time you have!!! Now who's the inspiration?!?! You must have inspired so many people with your own acheivement! I bet you feel a million percent better for it and look amazing!! Isn't that the amazing thing about a support forum such as this?! I have been inspired by so many, too many to mention, but the one that really stands out as my 'icon/model slimmer' for her transformed lifestyle, long-term approach and wise words is Cocktail Princess (Claire). She doesn't come on here much nowadays as she's busy doing her own thing including running marathons!!! But she lost 8 stone over more than 2 years and it's her journey that inspired me massively!!

So thank you so much for noticing me and it makes me really proud (and humbled) that I have contributed towards your belief in yourself!!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Week 89- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- 3-egg smoked salmon and dill omelette.

Lunch- Went to Pizza Hut with friend- Went for the unlimited salad bar main and also had 1 small slice of friend's stuffed crust Margherita pizza (HEXa + 9 syns- taking the cheese as my HEXa today!). Allowing 10 syns for the salad ingredients as had small amount of dressing, a tiny bit of potato salad, a little pasta salad which had a creamy sauce, some onion bits (topping) and any oil that may have been in the couscous salad.

Tea at home- A thai Mugshot (0.5 syns). A pack of 16 seafood sticks!!!! Strawberries. A luscious lemon Hifi bar (HEXb).

Total syns 19.5.

Hev i think you deserve a medal for the Pizza hut restraint! omg i couldnt do it!

I just have to sniff the stuffed crusts and gain a stone. LOL!

Wow - Little miss Willpower you are! xxxx Well done!

Hev i think you deserve a medal for the Pizza hut restraint! omg i couldnt do it!

I just have to sniff the stuffed crusts and gain a stone. LOL!

Wow - Little miss Willpower you are! xxxx Well done!

Well I was soooo tempted- I was kicking myself for having just one slice and probably would have had more if it hadn't been for Cosmo-gate!! Mind you I am very glad I resisted the cookie-dough/icecream pudding as I was drooling over it! I just want a loss tomorrow and everything seems against me, *week looming, Cosmo-gate and according to my own scales, which I don't trust as far as I can throw them (I should throw them!!) but am still torturing myself by hopping on and off ( I blame you for this practice ;)!X), I have gained since last Monday!!!

How were Foo Fighters?XXXXX

Week 89- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Brunch- 3- egg smoked salmon and dill omelette. Some strawberries.

Early afternoon- A Spicy Sweet & Sour Mugshot. A banana and a Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb).

Tea-

To be continued....

Foos were fab babe - i stuck to plan apart from some Tooty Frooties - but i synned those, so i hope thats gonna be okay!!!!

Just see how it goes, Cosmo is your nemesis. You need to steer clear.

xxxx

Good luck from me too Heather - are you am or pm weigh? I think mine might be ok - but not good as we had to go down to the apartment quite late to say goodbye to clients and then stopped for a Chinese on the way home- and I so wanted to get to my next target ! :sigh:

Good luck for tonight! Keep thinking of you, but no time for checking in these days...just work work work.
Don't even want to WI these days for fear of what I may see :p
You definately are my inspiration hun!

Come on Hevs! How did you do?! Xx

Thanks you guys for your support! Meli I hope you're OK hun! I do worry about you! Just popped on- no time to update data properly! I gained 1lb! Totally expected! I'll pop back and spend more time here tomorrow! I love you lot ya know !! XxX

Heather - sorry about the gain. It would appear that a few of us are happily grabbing the pounds that others seem to be losing. :wave_cry:

Hope this week goes better for both of us!

It's cool to gain sometimes! I gained this week...stop copying me lol xxx

On a serious note....

As I have said tonight - move on and have a good week xxx love ya xxx

and I'm on for a gain too! Damn birthday parties!!
Heads down ladies - I keep popping on here for inspiration, you girls keep me going :) xxx

How did you do this week Hevs? Or is this holiday week? I gained and I'm blaming the French and their croissants! Ha ha!!

Gained 1lb Claire, but for some strange reason it's sent me into mad compulsive food fetish woman mode!!!!! (See rant below!!!) Heelllllpppp!!! Don't worry about yours, you HAVE been on holiday and croissants are basically the devil!!

Right then, confession time for Mrs Howells!!! And action desperately needed!!!

So after a couple of naughty events/moments over the past week, perhaps in addition to pending *week (not necessarily an excuse, I'm always affected!!) I gained 1lb at WI! In itself, not a disaster!! In fact it could have been worse!

So what did I do afterwards? Draw a line under it and aim for a 100% week (as has often been done!)? Not on your nelly!! My friend and I went to the Toby Carvery after WI and I didn't exactly hold back on the carvery main! THEN I gave into temptation and fell into a honeycomb crunch ice-cream sundae!! Racked with guilt, yes!! Left it at that, NO!!! I then stopped at the Co-op on my way home to get strawberries, yes strawberries! And while I was there....a (large) bag of peanut M&Ms fell into my basket and by the time I arrived home (a 15 min drive) I had polished off the lot!! I felt sick, both physically and psychologically!! I dread to think how many syns were involved (and pleeeease no clever clogs try and work it out for me- I couldn't take it!)

But it doesn't even end there!!! Today it would be logical that I woke up with a clean slate, a fresh attitude that this is another week and lines can be drawn under bad behaviour!! But no!! Our manager had bought us treats to thank us for our hard work of late (yep, nice manager!) Unfortunately these treats did not comprise of a fruit basket, scented candles and the like!! They were trays of doughnuts and bags of crisps! So on my break I treated myself to HALF a chocolate ring doughnut, which was so yummy I realised I needed to round things off and have the other half!! And then of course it would have been very rude not to have tried JUST A LITTLE BIT of the iced ring doughnut.....then promptly finished the REST OF IT!!!!! I also dived into the big bag of Walkers crisps and devoured a pack of salt & vinegar ones!! I also had about 6 M&S chocolates given to us by a relative of a patient, and I normally say no to choccies unless I really want one or two and can afford it in my syns! Today was a case of not even thinking about syns as I'd 'blown it' anyway so I may as well carry on!! But now I feel TERRIBLE and about 2 stone fatter all of a sudden!!!

So what is going on here?!! Behaviour I have not displayed since a similar episode over Christmas where I totally shocked myself with old compulsive habits- the sheer lack of boundaries, and at the time, the absence of caring about what I was doing!! What would a psychologist say about that I wonder! Knowing that I have a holiday week next week may have something to do with it because I'm off to Center Parks on Friday and then we have a very busy week following that because dh's brother and family are over from Singapore so there will be a family meal then we are going down to my parents in Devon and being our 10th Anniversary on the Thursday we are going out for a meal! So maybe because I'm panicking about all this coming up and a gain will likely follow, perhaps something in my head is saying 'go for it' and deal with it later!!! But the sensible side of my brain is telling me that I WANT to get to target soon (now 7lb to go) because it's been such a slow 6 months (!) and that I can still be sensible, stick to plan and make wise choices even in Center Parcs and all these meals out if I want it enough!!! I do want it TONS, but the rebel in my head is telling me to do the opposite!!

So how shall I move on from this destructive behaviour and still enjoy the next couple of weeks without coming back to a total disaster of a gain?!?!! It's like someone has flicked a switch in my brain that has sent me into self-destruct mode and now I'm finding it a struggle to even entertain getting back on track, even though I know I need to!!

And to make matters worse, my Mum has had her CT scan results this afternoon and the tumours around her liver have grown and she'll be starting her next lot of chemo on 22nd July! This by the way isn't surprise news (she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 2 years ago and has had chemo on and off but we've been waiting for this next lot depending on recent scans) However it is upsetting because it brings her condition to the forefront of our lives again (she has had 2 years of excellent health even with all the chemo and the operation) and is making me panic about the future! It also isn't helping me to 'care' greatly about sticking 100% to plan!!X

Last edited:
Oh, Hevs! Ok, I reckon the reason is because you're now so close to your target that reaching it may not seem as urgent as it did? And because of that, you're allowing yourself to relax.

But, STOP!!

Your not there yet, and just think how freaking awesome you'll feel when you do get there! It'll probably be difficult to get in to the swing of it, but maybe try to aim for one 100% day at a time? Just think how proud your mum'll be when you get there! And if you focus on some perfect SW days, that may help with any of the anxiousness you feel with her latest round of chemotherapy.

You can do it!!

Xx

Back