FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Oh boo Hevs - i hate it when life throws us a curveball.

There is always someone who wants a job - get advertising and i am sure there will be someone interested out there - perhaps a mum who wants to do part time hours only would be good?

Fingers crossed for you anyway xxx

Thanks guys!! A curveball indeed Elle hunny!! Nevermind, I'm sure it will work out in some way!! Hopefully for the better!! Claire it's funny you should say that! I was thinking exactly the same thing while I was scrubbing away and pulling out all the furniture!! How sad that in the face of adversity I think about how many calories I'm burning! Every cloud eh?!! Thanks Kally! Wow that soup sounds interesting! We're still on the 'oriental lamb stew' and there's still so much left!!!! Will have to freeze some I think!!X

All my cleaning at the apartment over the summer was certainly excellent body magic. :D

Are you off or working today?

All my cleaning at the apartment over the summer was certainly excellent body magic. :D

Are you off or working today?

Sorry Bev, I've just seen this last message!! Body magic is certainly a good way to look at it and has made me really go for it and work harder cleaning than usual! And I must say the acheivement at the end feels wonderful, so I may try and do as much as I can myself rather than hiring someone for every week and just see how I get on! But I do need someone as back-up for Saturdays when I simply have to work or when I need to go away!! Not really sure how to play it at the moment! I don't know whether it needs to be an all or nothing situation or not really!!!

As I've now said in our PMs, I've been off today and not back until Wed night! Nice change to have a few days off in a row and has been most welcome I can tell you!!! Today was fun! My bezzie Lara scored the highest score in Swansea for her grade 1 piano and was asked to take part in a 'high scorers concert'! So I went along as did her Mum, Auntie and Uncle! Bearing in mind Lara is 34, all the other participants were small children, at least those at the lower grades, graduating into older children and teenagers as the grades progressed! I was laughing my head off at Lara sitting there doing her thing! The funniest thing was that one of our consultant surgeons from work was there with his family as his 10 year old daughter was playing piano at grade 4 level!! Lara was shamed!!! Good on her I say!! It was after this event that Caesar dressing and Amaretto sundae-gate took place! Hope it's not too detrimental to my loss tomorrow!! I have a feeling it could be!!X

Week 6- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy.

Brunch!- 2 poached eggs, baked beans and lean grilled bacon on 1 slice toast (HEXb).

Tea- In 'Castellemare' restaurant- Chicken Caesar salad with Caesar dressing (who knows how many syns), croutons (? syns) and parmesan shavings (part HEXa). Amaretto icecream sundae...whoopsydaisy!!!

Flexisyn day me thinks and fingers and toes well and truly crossed for WI tomorrow!!!!! Will I get away with it and will the scales be kind to me as I've been so good the rest of the week?!?!!! Only time will tell....X

Way to go Hevs! Just seen your post on the Challenge.

Thats how its done then - be really good and have a sundae :D lol - only kidding!!!!!

Hope you are good babe - and feeling smug! xxx

Thanks lovely ladies!! I'd worked for it most of the week but did allow myself lots of treats too!! Although I didn't do any formal exercise I was mega busy in work and active cleaning the cottages at the weekend so I think I got the balance right this week!

I had a bad day today though as I had chips in the pub we went to for lunch- I had actually ordered a steak and jacket potato but they got my order wrong and brought chips and when they arrived they looked so nice I couldn't bear to say goodbye to them!!! So strictly speaking it was the pub's fault not mine!!! Then my friend and I went to a massive M&S on the way home and bought chocolates which were buy one get one free and ended up scoffing loads of them just for the sake of it plus a lemon mousse chocolate bar so all in all MASSIVELY exceeded my syns!!! I know I've got to pull it back big time the rest of the week!!

On the plus side, I have found a lady from our village to clean our cottage and apartment!!!!! She's in her late 50's, not working (she and her husband moved over from Belgium a couple of years ago and have both taken early retirement), they rarely go anywhere at the weekends and she's a bit bored and been thinking about looking for a bit of work to keep her occupied!! We know them and they're lovely, genuine, trustworthy people!! The ONLY downside is that she would rather not do the bedlinen so that's one thing I'll have to sort out, but that's something I can get used to! It's a small price to pay! I can't believe how quickly we've sorted it out! A couple of hours at their house this evening and it's a done deal! She's coming in the morning for me to show her the ropes! Happy bunny!!X

That's fantastic news :) boo about linen but as you said small price to pay.
As for your indulgence, I know you can pull it back ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hun, I just had one of those days where I relaxed far too much and opened the chocolate floodgates and just kept on going to the point where I actually felt sick and wondered afterwards what it was all about!!!! A really bad place to be in but it happens from time to time so no great shakes as long as I'm able to pull it back! Night shifts from tomorrow and as long as I'm organised I should be OK!!

Yes I was so relieved about the changeover work- I know it sounds ridiculous and dramatic but I cried all weekend (after my previous cleaning lady dropped the bombshell on us) with the stress of thinking I would have to sort it all out myself and have noone to fall back on and worried that I'd struggle to find someone willing to do the work on a Saturday, particularly someone reliable!! PHEWWWEEEE is all I can say!!:D

How are you doing hun? How's your first official week going? I'm just going to pop over to your diary to see what you're up to....see you there!!!!X

Ooh the other thing that happened to me today that I'm over the moon about is that while we were in the big M&S store in Cardiff (Culverhouse Cross), I explored the bra section!! Bearing in mind I used to be a 38JJ I haven't been able to shop for bras in M&S for years and years! I have only bought from Bravissimo who are excellent, but pricey, and not easily accessible for me unless doing it by mail order which can be a hassle! So now that I'm a 32 GG/H, I thought I'd try M&S out 'just to see'! I was impressed with the selection available in a 32 GG (their biggest cupsize) and although most of them didn't offer the support I'm used to/need from the straps, I found some really great ones in twin-packs for £30- in 2 different colours which give me great shape and support! So I bought 2 lots so for £60 I have 4 new bras in black, plum, cream and deep red! I'm so pleased as usually have to spend at least £25-£30 each bra!! And I kind of feel 'normal' and 'mainstream'!!!

Congrats on having "normal" boobs - if ever 32GG can be called normal !!! :eek: :8855:

Great news on the cleaner - boo on the bed linen. But I'm sure if you keep hunting you'll find someone pretty easily to do that. Do you know any mums stuck at home that could do with the extra cash?

Back