FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Awww Heather, after the post you left in my diary I had to come visit you. I'm so sorry you're having a bad week. A the risk of sounding trite, you really are an inspiration to us all. You approach SW and weight loss in general in such an intelligent and realistic way so I know you know that there will always be ups and downs and that the downs are always temporary. It really is a toughie being at target isn't it?

You said you need a target to stay motivated but I think in your mind you've reached target (even though you've reset it). I know it sounds confusing but is it possible that you haven't acknowledged your new target as a real target? Because you look hot now it's possible that all that's going to change when you get to your new target is the number on the scale. You may also just be plain ol' exhausted! With each target, your mind is probably on attack! Attack!! ATTACK!!! Which is exhausting and therefore more likely for you to throw your hands up.

Is it worth forgetting about target for a while and just concentrate of eating well a day at a time? As you know in order to maintain our weight we basically need to be on SW forever. If you focus on racing to target then what do you do when you get to the finish line? Nothing's going to change, you'll still be eating your yummy SW food lol so it might be a little disappointing when you get there. But if you just take a more holistic approach and focus on the bigger picture, you'll suddenly be relieved of the pressure you've been under.

If I didn't have a baby, I'd move in with you and cook for you and rub your feet lol, it's been a tough few weeks with your crazy work schedule and cottage responsibilities etc. Look after yourself :bighug:

Hi Heather - how has your long day been?

I'm just off to bed. Still peeved, satellite still down so not seen the results show for Strictly yet although I did finally manage to get to see the live show online.

Speak tomorrow

Doh...and I thought I had a visitor! I got so excited!!! Like when you receive a text and it's from Vodafone telling you your monthly bill!!!XXX

Hahaha u crack me up!!!

How was ur weekend?

Im officially back to SW :D xx

Hevs - i have also been off plan, so we will have to be good together!!! xxx Hope your result tonight isnt as bad as you think! x

That makes 3 of us off plan (another gain for me) so I'll be back on it big time this week. Lets go kick some a$$ shall we?

:bighug: and good luck for you all to stay or get focussed, positive vibes on way :bolt: I have ran all this way and finally, just for you lovely ladies :woohoo:

Come on we can do this :D

Sending you some great big Jay hugs Heather.
As one who well and truly knows how tough it is to stay at Target, I can fully understand what you are going through.
We know what we can and can't have and yet we still push it and push it, until s*d it happens and it all goes to pot.

Just wanted to let you know you have done so well and you'll continue to do well, tis just a blip lovely lady. xxx

Thanks all you lovely ladies! Pesty I'm so glad you're back on the SW wagon again!! EB and Beverooni isn't it tricky sometimes!! But we all know what to do and we know that a boot up the bum and we're back into the swing!! XxX

hope you are doing ok Heather, I totally agree with everything everyone else has said, you are a true inspiration and shining example of how SW works when you work and stick to it. We all have our off weeks (or in my case, months!!) its life and you have to live it. Things will settle back down and you will get back on course, no worries xxxxx :)

jaylou said:
Sending you some great big Jay hugs Heather.
As one who well and truly knows how tough it is to stay at Target, I can fully understand what you are going through.
We know what we can and can't have and yet we still push it and push it, until s*d it happens and it all goes to pot.

Just wanted to let you know you have done so well and you'll continue to do well, tis just a blip lovely lady. xxx

Oh Jay you are a star! Thanks for instilling confidence in me! I suppose we're all human aren't SW! I'm pretty confident I can pull it back, I just wish I was one of these maintainers who fluctuates by a pound! I'm learning that I'm the kind who will as you say push it until I see a shocker of a gain and then panic and successfully pull it back..which is all very well, but maybe not the healthiest way to play it because it means I'm still a compulsive scoffer at heart!! Hope you're OK sweetie XxX

reallyneedtodothis said:
hope you are doing ok Heather, I totally agree with everything everyone else has said, you are a true inspiration and shining example of how SW works when you work and stick to it. We all have our off weeks (or in my case, months!!) its life and you have to live it. Things will settle back down and you will get back on course, no worries xxxxx :)

Thanks Tina hun!! I haven't had much time on here lately but just caught your update on your thread and see that you've had a fab loss this week!! Well done! I hope you're in a good place at the moment! Thanks for your kind words too XxXxX

Oh Jay you are a star! Thanks for instilling confidence in me! I suppose we're all human aren't SW! I'm pretty confident I can pull it back, I just wish I was one of these maintainers who fluctuates by a pound! I'm learning that I'm the kind who will as you say push it until I see a shocker of a gain and then panic and successfully pull it back..which is all very well, but maybe not the healthiest way to play it because it means I'm still a compulsive scoffer at heart!! Hope you're OK sweetie XxX

You have just described me!!!

I only get a loss if i try really really hard so i dont understand why when at target i decided that i didnt need to be 100%!!!

The proof of how brilliant you are is that you keep going, you are the same as me WI wise and yet i went out of target and am still struggling to get back months later, youve managed to dip back in and although this is an unstable stage as you get to know what you can/should be eating to maintain you are still only falling cms out of range.

You can do it girly, if you cant then theres no hope for any of us!!!

xxxx

. . . You can do it girly, if you cant then theres no hope for any of us!!!

xxxx
Feck!!! wish you hadn't said this.
There's no hope for me then! Can't even get there! :wave_cry:

Thanks Tina hun!! I haven't had much time on here lately but just caught your update on your thread and see that you've had a fab loss this week!! Well done! I hope you're in a good place at the moment! Thanks for your kind words too XxXxX

You're welcome hun, everyone has a tough time at some point or another. All you have to remember is that you have done all that hard work to get to your target, so why undo all of that now when you have got where you want to be? Look at what inspired you to get to the weight you are now, and keep it focussed in your mind. Hopefully it will help you stay where you are and keep you happy xx :eek:

I'm doing well at the moment thank you, my depression is lifting and hopefully I will back at work in a couple of weeks time. The 4lb loss last night definitely helped me feel so good about myself!! Stone award next week, here I come!! :)

Back