Funny Farm's Diary

How's the headache? Is it getting any better?

I've been finding it so hard to stay 100%. I just keep thinking of things I want to eat, wheras before Saturday I wasn't thinking about food much at all. I've stayed strong through the cravings, and I know they're psychological not physical, so I'm hoping they'll go soon!

No headache now, thank goodness :)
I'm still TS. Tomorrow I will be WS.
Hard core carbs do that to me too.... I just want more whenever I have had them :(
So far, I'm doing okay now :). First time in ages !

I'm having a WS ish day tomorrow. I'm meeting friends for dinner, and they'll both be eating. I checked the menu and there's a grilled bream with salad, so I'm going to have that. I'm a bit happier with my weight at the moment so the urgency to lose as quickly as possible is wearing off. I think I'm going to have more WS days to keep my metabolism up.

I'm at the stage now where 14s fit well enough to go out (16s look like a sack) but I'd be happier if they were a bit looser for comfort. I feel like it's taken the edge off the urgency a bit, and I can have a few days where I can be slightly more relaxed. I'm still going to be eating way below the number of calories I need, so I will still lose fat even if the scales show water retention or glycogen. I want to stop food being the enemy and I'm hoping allowing myself healthy food, will make it less likely that I cave and eat something stupid in a moment of weakness.

I just wish I could fast forward time. I should be eating by the end of October, I want it to be here now!!!

I've just remembered, when I first started Exante I was thinking of only doing a month. Then I thought I might really try to do 8 weeks, even though the thought depressed me. Then I weighed myself, and decided it would have to be 12 weeks, and I was thoroughly depressed. This week will be 7 weeks, I'm already over half way of the worst case scenario. If I average 2lbs a week, then taking me to my worst case scenario would be another 10lbs off. I think I might make that 10lbs the next mini goal after I've done my first stone. (I've actually lost over a stone and a half so far I think, but I'm going from when I started the ticker).

I kinda reckon I'll be pretty close to my size 12s by then too.

I was thinking of starting JUDDD at size 12 or 12 stone, whichever happens first. (I know 12 stone seems a lot, but I always weigh more than I look like I weigh!)

For me, the advantage of beginning JUDDD bit earlier means I can start doing exercise properly. I just don't have the energy on Exante.

I've been eating a little bit. All low carb and low calorie, but it seems to have sped up my losses. This is going to make it harder to get back to TS. I have been thinking about starting JUDDD earlier, but I have things coming up that I want to be thinner for.

I almost wish it was slowing down losses, or even causing a gain. That way I'd be motivated to go back to the packs.

Never thought I'd be annoyed to lose weight!

Most of this urgency is because in November, I'm going to a gig with a sort of ex. I just want to be the size I was when we were involved, so he doesn't think he's had a lucky escape. It's so silly, but it's how I feel. If I could lose 2 stone by then I'd be over the moon, and realistically I can only do that with a VLCD. I wish I wasn't so shallow and impatient!

I've had a break from dieting lately. I just had too much going on and something had to give!

I haven't put much back on (still in the jeans that were miles too small when I started, still able to do up my smaller size ones, although they're a little tighter) but starting again was a nipping in the bud thing. I'd started to comfort eat over the last few weeks, so thought I'd get back on the wagon before it got out of control.

The plan is: TS until next week, and have the weekend off for my birthday.

TS for a further 2 weeks and then another scheduled weekend off.

TS until Christmas, and then in the new year start a sort of JUDDD programme. TS one day, then simple solution the next, and weekends off.

I like the idea of breaking it into manageable chunks, and with that plan I should be back in my size 12s pretty soon, and then hopefully with JUDDD be a size 10 for the first time in my life!

Also, carbonara seems intriguing. Going to have to get me some of that!

Good luck funny farm! xx

Just been brave enough to update my ticker, I'm currently a pound heavier than last time I updated it, so I guess that's not the end of the world. I've still only got a few pounds to go before I'm a stone lighter than my starting weight, which was my original goal. It'll be next week before I hit that because I'm taking this weekend off.

I know weekends off seem counter productive, but for me knowing it's coming has really helped me stay motivated. Also my body hates me and after the first 2 weeks on a VLCD, I'm lucky to lose 2lbs a week.

I'm going to try to be sensible in my weekends off (not this one, this one is my birthday so it doesn't count) so that hopefully won't damage me too much.

I think my body is very good at maintaining. It's a good thing once I get to a weight I want to stick with, but terrible for actually getting to it!

I realise that I put on the majority of my initial weight when I was trying to be more sensible with money. That meant I had to eat lots of very cheap, highly processed food (extra cheap super noodle type things were my staple) and it makes me cross that it's so hard to eat healthily on a budget. I'm lucky that I don't have children, but it must be awful for families on a low income trying to feed their kids without resorting to the affordable, unhealthy stodge.

I totally agree with you regarding cheap processed food. How can that be any good for anyone !
Its odd though, as when you go anywhere on the continent, there are no where near as many processed ready meals as here, or America.
And it is cheaper for mainland Europeans to buy the raw healthy ingredients too ! Mental !!!
Have a great birthday weekend :D
21 again ? :p

Back