Furious! But thanks for the motivation!

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Argghhhh!!

Went to visit the in laws today with OH and they were obviously trying to get us to eat etc.. (we havent told them that we are on cd) we told them that we couldnt because we are eating really healthy and on a strict diet and dont wanna eat out anywhere.

Mother in law says "whats the point your going to end up eating anyway .. you always do!"

Gee thanks for the support.

Well after spending a long time being furious I realise that its just motivated me even more to keep at this till I succeed. I WILL NOT CHEAT!!

Im sure we have all had nasty things said to us about our weight and diets etc ... keep those thoughts in your head every time you feel like reaching food coz Im pretty sure if your as mad as I am right now it will get you right back on track!

ok rant over now x

You're very right, I just commented on another thread about this too. You can show them and imagine how good it will feel when they have to compliment you on your weight loss. One of my close friends reduced me tears after shooting me down about CD but now I'm a stone and half lighter I think she's quite jelous!!!!!!! x

Im a chronic dieter, my life is a constant diet and because very few people know my real story and struggles they just look at me and assume Im the size I am because I eat a lot. I know if I tell them I will hear comments like 'why not keep your mouth shut instead of giving EUR 64.00/week' that I havent told too many people - which a comment like that I would go beyond furious and hit them!

Well done with the will power - keep it up!

Well done for being strong, keep going.
I've only told 3 close friends about CD and they are very supportive but not told anyone else yet because I can't be bothered to go into the explanation of what it is, no it's not dangerous, no I won't pile on 7 stone as soon as I eat one crisp..... I have done my research and am happy that CD will work and I know how and why it works so why should I have to get people's 'approval' for doing it.
I'm waiting for an invitation to the in-laws when I have to tell them that I can't eat anything and for them to start the whole 'one day won't matter'.

MrsFatBum said:
Argghhhh!!

Went to visit the in laws today with OH and they were obviously trying to get us to eat etc.. (we havent told them that we are on cd) we told them that we couldnt because we are eating really healthy and on a strict diet and dont wanna eat out anywhere.

Mother in law says "whats the point your going to end up eating anyway .. you always do!"

Gee thanks for the support.

Well after spending a long time being furious I realise that its just motivated me even more to keep at this till I succeed. I WILL NOT CHEAT!!

Im sure we have all had nasty things said to us about our weight and diets etc ... keep those thoughts in your head every time you feel like reaching food coz Im pretty sure if your as mad as I am right now it will get you right back on track!

ok rant over now x

Just remember this whenever you want to stop!!!!!! It'll make you stronger and smugger when you reach your goal!!! Stay strong!!!

Mrs my mil was just the same when I started she had to eat her words when I lost 7 st and her son/ my hubby lost 4 and a half. Guess who's doing CD now, yes my mil. In her face haha and I don't do this to anyone but when she starts on about what she wants to weigh I am a little mean and say "oh really I'm less then that now" lol

well done for keeping strong! there are so many temptations and you have obviously got your mind in the right place.

Thanks hun, I have never felt more determined. I know I have to lose this weight as soon as possible and in a way im just glad she gave me such a huge motivation!

You're very right, I just commented on another thread about this too. You can show them and imagine how good it will feel when they have to compliment you on your weight loss. One of my close friends reduced me tears after shooting me down about CD but now I'm a stone and half lighter I think she's quite jelous!!!!!!! x

thats awful but I know exactly what you mean. I cant count the number of people who have shot the diet down... but Im going to prove them wrong. I think soon your friend will be wanting to do the diet too... its always the case.

Im a chronic dieter, my life is a constant diet and because very few people know my real story and struggles they just look at me and assume Im the size I am because I eat a lot. I know if I tell them I will hear comments like 'why not keep your mouth shut instead of giving EUR 64.00/week' that I havent told too many people - which a comment like that I would go beyond furious and hit them!

Well done with the will power - keep it up!

i think thats the problem with most people, they just assume that everyone is overweight because they eat too much and just need their jaws locking! if only they knew how hard it is. I have seen alot of people on here commenting and saying that you shouldnt hide what your doing or be ashamed of it.. but i disagree sometimes to succeed you do have to hide it coz the negative comments wont always spur us on... I have told a few people in my office and everyone else just thinks im just on another diet again... but the people i have told have been immencely supportive.

good luck hun xxx

Well done for being strong, keep going.
I've only told 3 close friends about CD and they are very supportive but not told anyone else yet because I can't be bothered to go into the explanation of what it is, no it's not dangerous, no I won't pile on 7 stone as soon as I eat one crisp..... I have done my research and am happy that CD will work and I know how and why it works so why should I have to get people's 'approval' for doing it.
I'm waiting for an invitation to the in-laws when I have to tell them that I can't eat anything and for them to start the whole 'one day won't matter'.

well if your in laws are anything like mine then i feel sorry for you!... they are so upset and offended that my husband and i refused to eat but neither of us care.. we know what we are doing and why we are doing it. I think even if i had done weight watchers or something she would have still made comments. she has always disapproved of my husband marrying me because she doesnt think im good enough for him. she thinks im fat and ugly.... and guess what I DONT CARE! lol

Just remember this whenever you want to stop!!!!!! It'll make you stronger and smugger when you reach your goal!!! Stay strong!!!

its going to be my mantra! she doesnt realise she has done me a huge favour

Mrs my mil was just the same when I started she had to eat her words when I lost 7 st and her son/ my hubby lost 4 and a half. Guess who's doing CD now, yes my mil. In her face haha and I don't do this to anyone but when she starts on about what she wants to weigh I am a little mean and say "oh really I'm less then that now" lol

oh wow well done to you and your husband! thats fantastic. haha in her face! lol i love the way you think! I would have done the same. she deserves it

i think thats the problem with most people, they just assume that everyone is overweight because they eat too much and just need their jaws locking! if only they knew how hard it is. I have seen alot of people on here commenting and saying that you shouldnt hide what your doing or be ashamed of it.. but i disagree sometimes to succeed you do have to hide it coz the negative comments wont always spur us on... I have told a few people in my office and everyone else just thinks im just on another diet again... but the people i have told have been immencely supportive.

good luck hun xxx

Thanks :) I definately agree with you, the fewer people that know the better, so matter how strong we are to hear continuous comments does knock you down. My SIL forgot that I didnt want anyone to know I was on CD and she told a friend of hers earlier today, translated to English from Greek she kind of said 'what is the world coming to, now people are paying to eat less calories, do you need to be a doctor to know what foods you shouldnt eat' Ahhhhhhhhh of well you dont need a doctor, but maybe you need to be a doctor to know that excessive eating is not the only reason to put on weight! :8855:

what a nasty thing to say. well i just put it all down to ignorance! i guess you just have to ignore people like that. you'll get there hun and u can laugh in her face then.

the best motivation - one of my v best pals hates the fact that I'm on CD, she does SW and have given up discussing with her how that might work for her but I just can't have that much of a choice over food - I find it confusing to juggle all that stuff whilst working and treat the weekends as 'do as I like days'. Strangely though like you say, the more she goes on the more determined I am to prove her wrong. Well done you Mrs Fat Bum for standing your ground you and your hubs - PGD x

poppygreendog said:
the best motivation - one of my v best pals hates the fact that I'm on CD, she does SW and have given up discussing with her how that might work for her but I just can't have that much of a choice over food - I find it confusing to juggle all that stuff whilst working and treat the weekends as 'do as I like days'. Strangely though like you say, the more she goes on the more determined I am to prove her wrong. Well done you Mrs Fat Bum for standing your ground you and your hubs - PGD x

My house mate is on sw and it seems to be an excuse to stuff her face with as much food as humanly possible. And it's all carby! She also has saturdays "off" and drinks a couple of bottles of wine a week. She wonders why she doesn't loose much and is constantly trying to make me eat. Arg!!!!!!!!!

i think this is a slimming world thing u know... i know someone who is doing it and she seriously looks down on cd.. but one of my close colleagues at work is doing sw and she is being so supportive...

lol. dont know how ur friend is thinking she is gonna lose the weight.. hmm but yeah i dont think i could deal with having so much choice either!

Oh - do not mention in-laws round here!

Stuff them and good for you for sticking to your guns! I am sure you will do fabulously.

All mil's wind people up it genetic I also have the first son syndrome to deal with. I was called a spoilt brat as I got pissed at having to change our wedding abroad to a wedding at home as she who must be obeyed would not come to witness her first son getting married.

Oh - only son syndrome, plus she thinks she is lady of the manor and head of the family here. :(

Still - she learnt rapidly that I do not get told what to do by her, but she now waits till I am out to get sneaky and get OH alone to do some brainwashing on him.

We are having to have a wedding at home too because MIL won't fly, but I have just gone for the full on wedding experience instead of the little discreet affair she wanted instead (she is ashamed of us having kids before marriage).

the battles with mothers and mothers in law over weddings... they seem to feel like it's their day. I don't envy you. The weekend after we got engaged we went up to his parents' place and she managed to make me cry. She's usually lovely and we get on well, but she poured cold water on all our ideas. I'm sure it was upsetting for her too. All those years she'd imagined what her son's wedding would be like and here we were not conforming to the image in her head.

She came round about most of it, in the end.

aw, i actually love my mil!

i am so grateful that she spoils me rotten but not too intrusive. at times i prefer her to my own mum ;)
it's wierd because i am aware that her relationship with her own daughter is more similar to my relationship with mine - a bit stilted. but i am 'the daughter she never had' because her own is not at all girly and they have not too much in common.

Back