further on than i thought...

lildanni

Had my scan yesterday...16 weeks and 3 days gone which is bout 10 weeks further on than i thought which was a shock n a half! Wen i asked why i had negative tests i got told it was possible to have neg/pos tests. It explains the constant gains at sw though!

The ex has now started seeing one of my best friends so the friendship we had has gone and we are communicating via a mutual friend which isnt ideal but hey ho!

Well done on the loss and well done on the pregnancy, just think it will seem 10 weeks shorter than everyone elses! Sorry about the ex but hopefully soon you will realise you are better off without him if he is going to leave you at a time like this! Take care of yourself xxx.

Woah. Thats pretty intense!

Does the ex still want to be involved with the decisions? Its going to be hard if you have to communicate via a friend.

I hope you can arrange some sort of amicable situation for you all, as tough as it sounds, your little one has to come first now and so everyone will have to behave like grown ups and act in the babies best interests. I know YOU will, but so must he if he is to be involved in their upbringing.

Once this initial hurt of him going off with your friend is over with, hopefully you can find some sensible solution to how the future is going to work out. It is perfectly possible to go it alone, I did it with my eldest until I met my husband, its hard work but it is doable, more than doable, but obviously its not ideal.

I hope the shock of the dates changing settles down soon, and that you are happy and comfortable with what to expect. On the bright side, you can have your 20 week scan in just a few weeks and if you choose to, will be able to find out what gender you are expecting!

Shout if you need any support or advice about anything, I, and I am sure everyone else here are more than willing and able to help where we can!

Maybe its just me, but there are certain places you don't go as a best mate. These include your best mates ex boyfriend whom your best mate is pregnant by.

In short, i would find a new mate.

I'd also repectfully suggest to your ex that he grows the hell up & talks directly to you. Either he is in this babies life from the beginning, or he's not - he needs to decide.

Hope it all works out hun x

He didn't come the scan yesterday but we have agreed that he will see baby every other weekend and two nights in the week of the weekend he doesn't have him/her. I know I'll be fine....got a fab support network and an amazing current bf who has been fantastic even though I look and feel like death most of the time!

Just wish this urge to clean all the time would go....surely it's too early to be nesting but I honestly can't seem to stop cleaning!

lass321 said:
If you run out of things to clean I could help you out - I have a room or two here .....

I could do with a cleaner too!

I'm glad you have an agreement in place with the ex boyfriend - though i do hope you can in time spend time with the baby together. I rarely saw my parents in the same room as each other and it still is weird seeing 2 parent famillies to me!

I'm also really glad you good support network in place - i know my dad was very grateful for his when we were young

xxx

Aw, I was in the same boat I kept getting negative pregnancy test for the first two months, but at least you get 10wks of the journey. With tests you can get false and psotive results but also other factors that can influence the result are stress and the like.

I wish I had that instinct, I am anemic and can hardly do anything during my pregnancy - most of the time I am just too dame knackered. You have to do whats right for you and it is good you have a network of support around you. Just mae sure you get plenty of rest and eat well. All the best x

Do You want me to bang their heads together? How awful of the pair of them.hope he's learn contraception now. You're better off on your own if that's how he is sweetie.
You'll be fine and happy ,best of luck xx

Just wish this urge to clean all the time would go....surely it's too early to be nesting but I honestly can't seem to stop cleaning!

Nope never to early to start nesting. For some women it is such a strong instinct. I still have it and I am way past the baby stage.

It is like a double whammy when your partner gos with your best friend . I think it almost hurts more that it is the best friend than that you have split from him.

I am sure you will have a happy and fulfilled future with your little one........enjoy him or her. He/she will be the most important person in your life soon and such a joy to you.Do not let anyone spoil that.

As usual MLM has said it all and said it so well.

hugs xxxxx

Just a lil update on things!

Baby girl is cooking well! Best thing is i have put on almost no weight at all! Eating healthy is still number 1 priority and i feel sooooo well for it! Me and bf are going from strength to strength...moved in together last month. He is Bringing bubs up as his seeing as though sperm donor has washed his hands altogether...just shows what sort of person he is!

Not far off due date now and sooooo excited...finish work next week and then have 3 weeks till dd!

Looking forward to xmas...merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to you all xxx

Sounds like you finally met a 'real' man and as pp said, sperm doesn't make a dad. When is your due date, around Xmas/new year by sounds of it?

So glad you're happy and settled x

Lil update...

I had a boy not a girl lol rylan jack! He is amazing!

I have my own house now with bf, well fiance as got engaged at xmas.

Had a lot of problems after the birth....only recently been fully mobile again. Just in the process of setting up my own business making custom made keyrings....aiming them as wedding favours, stocking fillers etc.

lildanni said:
Lil update...

I had a boy not a girl lol rylan jack! He is amazing!

I have my own house now with bf, well fiance as got engaged at xmas.

Had a lot of problems after the birth....only recently been fully mobile again. Just in the process of setting up my own business making custom made keyrings....aiming them as wedding favours, stocking fillers etc.

Awwwwww I've wondered how you were. Boys are gorgeous and easy ;) are you still n this area? Your life sounds lovely now, no room for losers, his loss x

aw, that is wonderful news and congratulations - I have a little boy, I love boys - I think there so much fun and mischievous but at the end of the day it does not matter as it is a little miracle in your life and so special :D

Back