Gabs journey

Rob'sGirl28

Hi everyone im new here and hope i can get some great tips and advice from you all!!!

i have lost 10lbs on ww in the last 4 weeks - but i find that when it comes to the weekend i eat sweets, ice creams, booze, take aways etc!! but i have read the atkins books and i think the stricter guidelines of what i can and cant eat is going to be good for me - i need some sort of rules to stick to!!!

i have 18lbs left to lose so not loads in the grand scheme of things - but at 5ft4" and 10 stone 12lbs - i am rather chunky!! i need be 9.7lbs to look slim and feel happy - and more importantly fit back in all my lovely clothes hidden at the back of my wardrobe!!!

anyway wish me luck!!

xxx

Hi love and welcome, have you read the stickies at the top of the Atkins forum?

welcome :D
Atkins is great - you can eat normally when you are out, still drink alcohol and eat lots of cheese!

Hi love and welcome, have you read the stickies at the top of the Atkins forum?

yes i have been looking at all the stickies - i have been thinking about this since i joined ww - i need a bit more discipline than ww - which is why i have chosen this woe instead - i read the "Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution" (the orange cover one) and i think its what i need to stop my endless cycle of straving and binging - i seem to eat nothing all week and then pig out all weekend - i need to stop!... i think atkins is the way!

i have done my shopping from the food lists so i am all set to go! x

thanks vicky and woof!! im glad i decided to come here already!! i will taking a look at all the posts for some recipe ideas etc - i mist admit the thing that drew me here the most was the fact i can eat cheese - my most fave thing!!!
gabrielle xx

has anyone had any problems exercising - i started at the gym 4 weeks ago and have been going 3 x per week - do you think i will be ok to continue this whilst doing atkins? i really need to keep up with the exercise if possible as it really seems to help me - especially toning up and losing inches as well as the weight - i have heard atkins makes it hard to exercise and makes you feel really tired? x

No use asking me Gabrielle, I'm a couch cabbage now. ;)

Hi and welcome, i made the move myself three weeks ago and haven't looked back. I find i'll a lot more energy now than ever before, the first two days are hard but after that it's really great. I'm hardly ever hungry, i've 3 alarms set on my phone to remind me to eat and i've honestly never felt this way before it's great. Xxx

you will feel tired for the first week or so as your body goes into ketosis but push through it and then one day you will wake up feeling fab with lots of energy!

thanks everyone!! well let's hope i am feeling fabulous by the weekend!!! i read about the atkins flu - so do i just drink alot of water and take some pain killers for the headaches? x

yes lots and lots of water. Although the headaches are mainly caused by the caffiene withdrawel x

- i seem to eat nothing all week and then pig out all weekend - i need to stop!... i think atkins is the way!

LOL I am exactly the same! It's so annoying, undoing all your hard work in just two days! I think Atkins is the way to go, you can have more indulgent things at the weekend but it is still allowed.

Good luck with it!

Hi welcome to atkins. This is my third week on it and I have lost 10lb so far! It's fab, I don't even feel like I'm on a diet. I don't tend to do any exercise and lose weight really well, but I must start soon so I can start toning up :character00116:
water is a great help too, I drink 3 litres a day.

LOL I am exactly the same! It's so annoying, undoing all your hard work in just two days! I think Atkins is the way to go, you can have more indulgent things at the weekend but it is still allowed.

Good luck with it!

Oh aye I'm the same aswell, I've been maintaining these past couple of weeks because of it, proper strict throughout the week, then once alcohol passes my lips, things start to slacken!!! -.-"

Oh aye I'm the same aswell, I've been maintaining these past couple of weeks because of it, proper strict throughout the week, then once alcohol passes my lips, things start to slacken!!! -.-"

wow aaron u have lost loads thou!!!! i am going to try so hard to stay away from booze as long as possible cos i know soon as i have one drink it turns to 10 - followed by a day of hangover food .. which is defo not atkins friendly.. althou bacon & egg is always a winner .. shame it cant be a sandwich thou lol

so gonna do my 2 weeks without booze for my induction .. then see if i can continue till the end of may fingers crossed..i doubt it thou! x

Hi welcome to atkins. This is my third week on it and I have lost 10lb so far! It's fab, I don't even feel like I'm on a diet. I don't tend to do any exercise and lose weight really well, but I must start soon so I can start toning up :character00116:
water is a great help too, I drink 3 litres a day.

kerry well done!!! i will be sooooooo amazingly happy to lose 10lbs in 3 weeks!!! its so great to see how fab everyone else is doing.. its very motivating!!! just need to make sure i stay away from hubby and all his naughty food choices!!!
Gabrielle x

wow aaron u have lost loads thou!!!! i am going to try so hard to stay away from booze as long as possible cos i know soon as i have one drink it turns to 10 - followed by a day of hangover food .. which is defo not atkins friendly.. althou bacon & egg is always a winner .. shame it cant be a sandwich thou lol

so gonna do my 2 weeks without booze for my induction .. then see if i can continue till the end of may fingers crossed..i doubt it thou! x

Ooohh I cheated a bit though I lost the bulk of that on a different diet :eek: I've lost around 10lbs on Atkins, good luck though seriously if you can manage to the end of this month without alcohol (not meaning to sound like I'm dependant on the stuff or owt! :rolleyes:) then I take my hat off to ya, even though I'm not wearing one... but you get the idea! X)

Back