Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hi Gail,

Thanks for your post in my diary, I really was delighted to be able to buy some smaller clothes. Looks like you will soon be in your size 14 trousers :D I loved the feeling of buying size 14's for the first time, they're not quite associated with plus size and it's just lovely.

Well done on your loss so far :)

Clareel

Still having a good week. I am pretty focused. I WANT my 4.5 stone shiny.......which is good because I have at least 1 meal out tomorrow - likely to be 3 course set meal OR (worse) a buffet (which is one of my BIG weaknesses). WI on Sunday so I will have to be sensible and disciplined. Fingers crossed.

However, today I discovered the new chocolate HiFi bars..........................................they are delicious. I have had 3 today - eeeek ! Don't worry though, one was my Hex B and the other 2 were my only syns of the day. Fortunately I don't have access to any more other than the 1 left in the box until I can get someone else to get some for me :) (and I already have a cereal bar supply at home to last for a few years !)

Thanks for reading.

Gail x

Thanks Val - you are so lovely to remember which day I WI. Hope you are having a good weekend. I sometimes don't get round to posting on your thread because I read it from my phone (and prefer not to post from there if possible) but I do keep track.

I lost 4lbs today. Which is great. It's everything I put on in the last 2 weeks (deservedly and with no regret) plus the extra lb for my 4.5 stone shiny. So now I have my sights firmly set on:
1. Getting into a size 14
2. Getting into the 12's for the first time in 10 yrs
3. Going under BMI of 30 for the first time in 10 yrs (and only 2nd time in my adult life)
4. Hitting 5 stone off

And feeling pretty much in control (which is actually the best thing of all). Life is gooooooooood :)

(all I need to do now is get out and run more often !!!)

Gail x

Wow well done Gail! You are fantastic!!! What a great loss and wow your 4.5 stone shiny, WHAT an achievement! I bet you feel (and look) just great. You're such an inspiration especially after your little swim in toffee sauce! I'm happy for you! Looking forward to hearing about you getting into the size 14s and the 12s! Good luck this week!!! Xxxxx

Well done Gail :)

I'm sure you soon be ticking off those goals!

Thanks Val, Mongoosed, Jane and Sarah. Your support is so very appreciated.

My news is that I have worn my size 14 trousers to work (twice !) and they fit :bliss::thankyouthankyou:

I have had a couple of comments from work colleagues saying 'you don't have much to lose now do you' or even 'don't lose any more, you look fine'. You're joking !!! I would like to lose at least 2 more stone but probably just over (or about) 3 stone. I don't think that's going too far but if I find somewhere between now and then that I just can't lose any more without cutting back significantly then I may just stop there. I don't know yet :confused:

However my goal for the next few months (as well as losing more weight no matter how quickly or slowly) is to try to get fitter and reduce my body fat (still pretty high - I'm too ashamed to report just how high here :eek:). So in order to do that, I will have to do some exercise. So I went for a really rubbish run (managed about 12 mins of running only with the longest continuous run of only 3 mins compared to my best of about 15 mins continuous). However my knee was only just holding up so maybe that was a good thing.

Anyway, feel free to pester me and thanks again for your support. It really does make a difference. :grouphugg:

Gail x

:woohoo:on the new shiny and wearing those size 14's to work, coz I know you bought them a while ago (or at least there was one pair that you bought a while ago, and I am assuming these are the same ones) :D

I have had a couple of comments from work colleagues saying 'you don't have much to lose now do you' or even 'don't lose any more, you look fine'.
Gail x

Funnily enough I got the same sort of comments at group tonight when the C asked how more I wanted to lose. When I said 2.5 stone (which would take me to 10 stone) there was a cry of 'No!!! you dont need to lose that much' from half the group.

I think they see me as being a lot slimmer than how I perceive myself. When I started, I said that I wanted be a 14, but now I am there its not enough :confused: Its a bit odd really. Ideally, I would like to be a size 10 because that was always my ultimate dream (verging on a impossibilty at the start) and its the size that I consider to be 'slim', I dont know whether thats the size you are aiming for?

Hi Smartie,

Yup, the same ones I bought a little while ago (before eating lots of Michelin stars I think........!). I don't know where I want to get to yet. I think I'd like to get to about 10stone ish like you. Not fussed about a size 10 - size 12 would do me, but I'd like to be able to walk into ANY shop (including the ones with teeny sizes) and buy something regardless of whether it's a 14 or 16 in those shops.

Thanks Spanx for your comments too. Sorry you're not having a great week. Hope you find your mojo soon. Have you tried on some of your 'starting' clothes again to remind you of how far you've cone ??

Gail x

well done for getting ur 14's on i can't wait till i can get in mine i would say i'm size 15 at moment (on bottom half can get into 14 tops) but all my excess weights on bottom half it's funny how ur shape controls what size u can get into my daughter is a stone and a half bigger than me and a couple of inches shorter yet she can fit into trousers that i can't it's soooo frustrating. any way have a great week love val xx

Hey Gail,

What a great target to have - to be able to buy clothes in any of the shops.

Hehe, i have a mental image of you shopping in all the chavvy shops that do teeny tiny tight clothing and buying up all the size 12s! I know you can do it!!!

Xxxxxx

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Jules. LOL :) I don't think so !!!

I just want to BE ABLE to, but probably I wouldn't want to buy in the shops with teeny tiny sizes !!

Thanks Val and Fayhamy for your comments. I don't really think of myself as an inspiration/motivator yet but I do feel really proud of myself and can look back on how I felt when I started (and before) and see how much of an impact my weight was having on me. I just want everyone else to feel how I do and if I can help in that process, then that's a bonus :D

Gail x

hi gail oh woman of wisdom i need a huge kick up the bum can feel myself sliding down a very slippery path :cry:xxx

Likewise, Val. Its a massive credit to Gail that we look to her for inspiration, hope you dont mind if i steal what ever words of wisdom she gives to you!!!

Please dont be offended as Im in dire need of some advice too:confused:

Back