Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Ha ha ha ha. Thanks Dawn.

You are right. I was very stressed and had an awful 3 weeks. However some of the stuff that stressed me out just before going away on holiday will in fact make things less stressful in the longer term. So whereas this year was just going to be 'full on' until xmas, actually shouldn't be any worse than 'normal'. But keep telling me - I think I sometimes need to say 'no' to things a bit more !

Gail x

You are right... But keep telling me - I think I sometimes need to say 'no' to things a bit more !

Gail x

You got it hunni!

I'll be on to you at the slightest sign of any un-chilled behaviour! :asskick:

And I've got a funny feeling I won't be the only one...:gen126:

Enjoy the last few days of your holiday Gail and prepare for some seriously cold, wet and windy weather when you get home - brrr! :(

You are right. I was very stressed and had an awful 3 weeks. However some of the stuff that stressed me out just before going away on holiday will in fact make things less stressful in the longer term. So whereas this year was just going to be 'full on' until xmas, actually shouldn't be any worse than 'normal'. But keep telling me - I think I sometimes need to say 'no' to things a bit more !

Gail x

You and me both, babe!

Maybe you should meet the women I know - thay have no trouble saying it!:D

That has really flown that holiday Gail. Hope you got a bit colour and a good recharge of the old batteries.

I'm looking forward to getting a tan next time as spending more time in the villa.....

Florida rocks!

So glad you had an awesome vacation. You definitely needed it! X

Hey Gail. Enjoy those last few days and yes, you must take a dose of your own medicine occasionally (though we all seem to be very adept at dishing it out eh?).

The weather in the south east is quite nice at the moment, don't listen to these northerners lol

Have a safe journey home, and we'll all be there supporting and kicking arse where needed as you come back down to earth from Planet Florida. xx

The weather in the south east is quite nice at the moment, don't listen to these northerners lol

Ah! Great here today as well, bit hot actually! :D

Ah! Great here today as well, bit hot actually! :D
Try here! :D

Got the bikini on Steve! But I don't think I'm QUITE ready to be photographed just yet! :wave_cry:

Good luck for getting back and getting back on the wagon. The cinnamon whirls will all seem like a distant delicious memory before you know it! X

Hi Gail - hope WI is kind.
Don't you DARE go to London to Cinabon for some buns!

Otherwise "we're going to need considerably bigger buns" (to quote Calendar Girls) when we pose for our bikini photo!

See you next Tuesday (off to UK tomorrow and only dial-up access).

I'm home. Had a really amazing holiday :D :D

Well, although I could be proud of the first 5 days of the holiday or so, I have NOTHING to be proud of after that :cry: !!! I really did completely let go (as far as food goes) and ate anything and everything. I totally agree with Steve in that some of that was quite liberating but by the end of it I was looking forward to getting home and getting back on plan. Yesterday was a bit rubbish (not sure why) but I am back on track today and have a plan. On reflection, what could I have done better ? I think that I suffered a bit from the 'I've blown it now so I might as well REALLY blow it' and just kept eating. So maybe a bit more realism as to when I will go off plan and a little bit less expectation of myself so that when I go 'off plan', it's all built in and still 'on projected plan' ????

Don't worry though, I'm fine about it all, I'm just trying to see what I could realistically do better next time.

Wusses the lot of ya ;)

@ Gail, when's WI day?

Official WI day is Sunday. I have weighed today for a baseline. Gain is 6.5 lbs - sorry Steve, I was not that close to you (however I caught a glimpse of your amazing result this week so although I haven't gained as much, I won't lose as much either !!!!). I was 11lb up on the villa scales by the time I left so I am delighted with 6.5lbs gain :). I now have to give myself a deadline to get that weight off. I would like to get that off in 2 weeks but I think I will give myself 3 weeks (from Sunday) because I'm not very good at failing challenges !!

Hi Gail - hope WI is kind.
Don't you DARE go to London to Cinabon for some buns!

Well, the rest of the trip was 'cinnamon bunless' :(. Sadly not through choice but because having discovered Cinnabon and developed a good going obsession with them, I then discovered that there were only 3 outlets in Orlando (I know because I googled it :eek:), 2 of which were at Universal Studios (ie $15 parking to get to it) and the other was a fair way away (I considered a last minute cinnamon bun dash but eventually after hard thought decided it wasn't worth the effort). So in the end I only had 2 'proper' cinnamon buns and none for the last few days (the others were from the supermarket - nowhere near as good and almost certainly nowhere near the calorie content either). I don't go to London very often but I have to admit to starting to think about how I could go past a cinnabon when I'm there :eek:. However if I do manage that, it will be very firmly built into my plan (and if I'm honest it is unlikely that I will be that close).

I'm horribly jetlagged today (I was a bit stupid yesterday with my sleep patterns so I deserve it). Back at work tomorrow (which I think I'm almost looking forward to !). Happy days :D

Gail x

Hey gail, not too shabby a gain at all considering you were in bloody Florida for all that time! Well done lady. Hope you sort your sleep out, ive always found getting used to the sleep patterns is harder on the way back. Enjoy your first day back at work!

Welcome back Gail! Agree with Jules, I put on 10.5lbs when I went to California and that was just over 10 days. Sounds like a sensible time limit to reverse it too. Though personally I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! :)

I had just started to forget about cinnabons and now you've reminded me again! Gah!

Welcome back Gail, hope the jet lag eases soon. :) xx

Welcome back Gail! You've done well - I can put on 6.5 lbs over a weekend...;)

It will be sorted in a few weeks time if not before. Thanks for keeping us posted on your adventures - the next best thing to going on holiday for real:)

Back