Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Hello my lovely! Welcome back! Sorry that the rain seems to have returned with you!

It sounds like you well and truly enjoyed every ounce of that gain, so I have no doubt that a) it was worth it and b) you'll have it off within your target time, if not before!

Hope your jet-lag has abated by work time tomorrow... x

Hi Gail!

Soo glad you're home from your lovely hols, all refreshed and raring to go...and only a paltry 6.6lbs up! :happy096: Gwyn and I are off to the Lake District in just over a week and I have been known to put a STONE on before so I'm starting to worry a bit now about how I'm going to manage.:fear:

Hope you have a good day at work...and remember the new word you're going to try to start using...it's

NO!!!

Well done Gail!

Enjoying Florida - or indeed any holiday is more important than weight gain.

It is how you respond that matters. I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Gail, well done for getting back on plan. You gotta be less harsh on yourself. It's a holiday, naturally skinny people gain on holiday too and it'll be off in no time! Plus, theres a few more days til official weigh in, so you might even drop a bit more! ;)

I would have paid the $15 parking for Cinnabons! ;) Then again, I am deliberately heading there, the one in the trocedero centre, during frightfest now, so Aug 25th!!!! :D LOL

Hi gail welcome back, glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday and only 6.5lb on!? I actually think that's fantastic considering where you have been (i'm sure I would have been at least a stone up lol).

Your target for losing it sounds very sensible, I think you may even surprise yourself and have it off even sooner though :)

I hope the jet lag has eased up and best of luck for the coming week x

Hello Gail, are you ok? Where are you? xx :)

Hi Gail

Really pleased you enjoyed your well deserved holiday, and 6.5lb isn't much of a gain if you feel like you really did let go towards the end of your holiday. I know exactly what you mean about being excited to get back on to plan, I had a fun time eating what I liked, but was delighted to be on plan yesterday! Not quite so enthralled about going back to work tomoro, but we can't have it all!!!

xxx

Well, I am officially struggling :(. I was so looking forward to getting home and getting back on plan but I have only had 1 good day since getting back on Wednesday (and a couple of REALLY bad days). I don't know why but I guess it's not that surprising seeing as I had essentially 3.5 weeks off plan (the week before going away wasn't great). I don't think I have done too much damage as I am still 1.5 lbs less than the weight I was when I got home (but actually about 10 lbs more than my lowest on the scales) but as I usually have a good loss at these times, it is a bit disappointing. However the most important thing to me is to be in control rather than my losses and I'm not really in control at the moment.

So, I have a plan.

1. I am going to aim for just one day at a time. Tomorrow is a new day and all I want is to be on plan tomorrow for now. I think I will aim for 15-20 syns to give myself a little bit of leeway but still stay on plan.

2. If I don't manage to control myself tomorrow (or consistently for the next few days) I am going to give most of my 'syns' away to my neighbour to keep for a little while in order to avoid temptation and to make sure that I have to really make an effort to break the plan (which hopefully my conscious self will stop me doing) rather than just going downstairs. I may have to plan my syns on a daily basis (and only have in the house those syns) which I hate doing and haven't needed to up til now but hopefully if it comes to this, it will only be temporary.

3. I will go back and read some of my posts from when things were good and on plan to try and remember how that felt.

4. I am going to try and make all my meals either syn free or very low syn (1 or 2 at most) so that I have all my syns free for 'extras'.

5. I will try and go to group tomorrow (I don't go very often because of work - mostly do this online) in order to reset my current level and be answerable to someone else. I don't usually need this because I am answerable to myself and I want to do this for me but maybe I need that extra incentive for now.

I am not too down about this because my clothes aren't very different but I don't want to put on any more weight (and I have new clothes that I would like to get into) and at very least I want to lose what I've put on. However I feel so fantastic about myself (most of the time) that I can't afford to lose any more ground. And as I've said in the past, coming off plan is not an option because I would definitely start to put weight on. I will always be greedy so this has to be my way of life for the future.

So, that is my plan. I will keep you all posted. Sorry for the long post and thanks for checking up on me.

Gail x

Oh Gail, I've only just got round to visiting and I feel really awful now :(

There's you been supporting me all day when you're really struggling yourself xx:patback: . You didn't say anything earlier, you are naughty.

I can see your lights on atm but its far too late for us to start chatting now, I'm just sorry I wasn't around earlier. Your plan of attack sounds good to me...let's see how day one goes and we can take it from there. It's bound to take a while to get out of holiday mode and back into work/sw mode, but you will. You know you will hunni. And if you don't they'll be a certain person who shall remain nameless, and she knows who she is, who can be very good at saying un-nice things and I might let her loose on you!

Take care sweetie, I'm working mon-thurs this week but text me any time you like xx And don't worry xx

Night night x

Hi Gail. I had a struggle period last week. Similarly to you I took the one day at a time approach. Doing that really will help. I found that it helped give me focus and clarity - and realise once again how much I'd been eating before. I sympathise with that feeling of loss if control though, it makes you feel rotten doesn't it. Keep posting on here too, we're all on here to support each other as well as ourselves.
Good luck chica xx

So sorry to hear you are struggling gail, I think it's so difficult to get back into the plan after a holiday and I really feel for you. I was terrible when I got back (i.e, chocolate fudge cake just before WI?!) but you will get back on track, it's just bizarrely difficult at first.

Your plan sounds good, the 15-20 syn thing is great because you're still in control that way. I'm confident you can come through this and will be back on plan soon, you have come so far and are doing amazingly well - please don't beat yourself up over this as it's just a blip.

Big hugs x x x

Hear, hear! This is just a blip, and it's probably come around because 3 weeks off on your sojourn is quite a while..! You're usually so focussed, so just give it a little time and it'll all come back. Love your plan of attack - I know that I find an actual plan helpful at any time of stress. You'll have the gain off in no time! xx

Ha! Found you!

*wrings hands and cackles maniacally at the thought of another torture victim*

*Hugs*

It took me a while to get back on track too Gail. I don't know why, rationally, we know that we find SW quite easy to follow and that we enjoy it - and the feeling of being in control - but something stops us getting right back on track. The only thing I could think of was that it's something to do with the general 'rebelling against the return to routine' that comes with getting back off a lovely holiday!

Stick with it and you'll get through this; and it sounds like you have a sensible plan to do just that... x

Aw Gail, I understand so well the difficulties you are having. It doesn't matter what plan we are on, having a break and losing the focus happens sometimes. I know I have done this and then the panic sets in that we will never be "in the zone" again. You will hun, you are keeping things under a certain amount of control. You are a very determined lady from what I have read on your diary and you will get back on plan and finish what you started. :Dxx

Evening ladies:p

Just passing through and seeing all is well with my favourite coven!

With, ahem, respect of course;)

Steve

Back