Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

P.S. I promise to look after Dawn and feed her lots of SW friendly food :)

Sent from my iPhone

Ooooooops. And Jules (sorry Jules !!!!)

Sent from my iPhone

gl12282 said:
P.S. I promise to look after Dawn and feed her lots of SW friendly food :)

Sent from my iPhone

"like" :)

gl12282 said:
Ooooooops. And Jules (sorry Jules !!!!)

Sent from my iPhone

"like" that too! ;)

Gail! I wondered where you'd been! Don't recall seeing you on Sunday weighers and thought it was dead unlike you to hide but here you are all along!!

Well done so much on you're 3lbs. Considering that isn't entirely on plan that is truly amazing!! Very well done :)

You're doing well and like everyone else is saying - bloody fantastic idea you've got to ease yourself back in and it's working!

We've all had those remorseful moments though where we say, "if I'd just stuck to it, my loss would be more". Hell every Sunday morning I regret something from the week even if I've been 100%! don't worry about them :)

well done Gail and as ever, thank you for being an inspiration!

Jx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad to hear it's all going well Gail! Looking forward to Sat. I think I'm going to make that SW tiramisu, what do you think?xxxx

Morning Gail,

Do hope you're not being run ragged at work atm xx

I'm still enjoying the Lakes...well actually I'm still in bed with a nice cuppa and hubbs but u know what I mean lol! And I can see the suns out again...where's the rain?

Fingers crossed for a quiet day for you, and a successful sw one too xx.

I hear you have something very interesting and exciting happening at the wkend...;)

Love Dawn xxx

The rain is here Dawn, I'll try to hang on to it so you can enjoy your holiday, but I don't think I'll manage to do that until the weekend in Manchester (?) It rains there often, have you got your wellies? :D

Hope you all have a great time together, it's lovely meeting friends. :)

Bess said:
The rain is here Dawn, I'll try to hang on to it so you can enjoy your holiday, but I don't think I'll manage to do that until the weekend in Manchester (?) It rains there often, have you got your wellies? :D

Hope you all have a great time together, it's lovely meeting friends. :)

Lol! Haven't got my wellies...but I did bring my Doc Martin steel toe cap boots from work! They're the only water proof boots I own, and I know only too well what the weathers like here! I mean, those lakes had to get here some how lol!

Never been to Manchester before...so looking forward to our little rendezvous! Xx

Last edited:
Never been to Manchester before...so looking forward to our little rendezvous! Xx

Hope you enjoy it Dawn. Being a born and bred Mancunian I have to say it is my favourite place in Britain - even after living in 5 other parts of the country.
There are big parks in the middle of suburbia - okay once upon a time they were in the country and the city sprawled to meet them - that make it brill. Ok, like any city there are some no-so-good parts that could do with bulldozing and it has it problems too but still my fave.
Good music scene - modern & classical (I'm a classical fiend and I still miss going to see the Halle), great eating scene (the start of my weight gain!) and so much more. Enjoy yourself with Gail & Jules.

Yeah I love living in Manchester I never want to leave! So much going on, so much to do, so many places to eat, really good atmos and like Pommette says the parks are brill. And did you know on wikipedia it says thats a myth about the rain - apparently we actually have LESS rain than the national average! There are a lot of chavs though. And a lot more poverty than what I'm used to coming from Sheffield. But then Sheffield is sooooo boring!!! X

Big thumbs up for manchester!!! I'm from saaaaafend but moved up to north Manchester last year and it's the best thing I've ever done! I moved up here not knowing anyone and I LOVE it!!! Thanks in large parts to the people :) lotta love foe the northerners!!

x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well if Gail and Jules are typical of the people in Manchester...

They must all be GAWJUS!

:D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Jules - Tiramisu sounds great. I haven't made any SW puddings (other than a couple of scan bran cakes which were rubbish for various reasons and I tried the SW ferrero rocher this week which were ok and MIGHT be the only reason for trying to use scan bran again !!!) so anything will be good for me. Thanks.

Today was good. I had a red day for a change which I usually find difficult but I was too busy to think about anything else ! Total syns (shock 'horror') - 10. OMG. That is the first time I've been under 15 since May and means that I have made up for yesterdays 20 too.

Still really busy - tonight is the first time that I have even got my laptop out this week !

Orchestra rehearsal tonight. Was hilarious - if we can even finish the symphony without stopping it will be a miracle. Glad my parents are coming to watch.....................:eek: Must do a bit more practice :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry I haven't been checking diaries but I hope that things will get a bit better soon. I'm sure Jules and Dawn will fill me in at the weekend though ;) !

Gail x

Yeah I love living in Manchester I never want to leave! So much going on, so much to do, so many places to eat, really good atmos and like Pommette says the parks are brill. And did you know on wikipedia it says thats a myth about the rain - apparently we actually have LESS rain than the national average! There are a lot of chavs though. And a lot more poverty than what I'm used to coming from Sheffield. But then Sheffield is sooooo boring!!! X

Oi! I lived in Sheffield, it's not soooo bad! But then, I've never been to Manchester :rolleyes: :8855:.....:D

well if Gail and Jules are typical of the people in Manchester...

They must all be GAWJUS!

Yup! :D Northerners are great! (Hardly north though really is it? More kind of in the middle?) Barely north of Watford really!!!..... :fear::rotflmao:

Orchestra rehearsal tonight. Was hilarious - if we can even finish the symphony without stopping it will be a miracle. Glad my parents are coming to watch.....................:eek: Must do a bit more practice :rolleyes:

This made me laugh, I can remember rehearsals like this, where we kept getting stuck, the conductor got more and more cross and that made it even funnier, we'd be helpless by the end! :D
But I'm sure you'll be just fine on the night!

And well done on only 10 syns! :) x

Ooh...10 syns eh? Hope u gave that halo a bit of a rub Gail?! Put a bit of shine back on it lol!

Gwyn will sympathise with you on the conductor thing! One of the choirs he's in has a VERY strict choir master/conductor and sometimes things get a bit fraught when the practices don't go quite to plan! But the performances are always lovely thank goodness xx

Please please don't go to too much trouble with lunch on Saturday, you and Jules are far too busy xx And Gwyn and I are piggies and eat anything and everything lol! Xx

Wishing you a good day hunni xx

As a north-easterner;) and apprx 150 miles north of Manchester, another thumbs up for all things Mancunia - inc. its people:)

I love Manchester, and visit a couple of times a year. Hell I even fly from Manchester to Florida and stay overnight the day before.

It DOES rain all the time though lol;)

Or maybe I just bring it with me.

Watch out for that SkinnyDawn though Gail. I'd be worried about her influence:p

God help Manchester!!

Have a great weekend ladies (v loose term).:cool:

Steve

Back