Gail's diary and thoughts on her SW journey

Maximus said:
Watch out for that SkinnyDawn though Gail. I'd be worried about her influence:p

God help Manchester!!

Have a great weekend ladies (v loose term).:cool:

Steve

Erm...I am HERE you know...:p

Well done for your loss, Gail! And well done for getting back the control. That's got to be the toughest part.

Have a great weekend, chicas! X

Thanks little sos! Xxxx

Gail - Hope you are ok and not too busy.
Have a lovely lunch tomorrow with Dawn & Jules and let us all know how it went. :grouphugg:
:talk017:

Last edited:
Today was a bit strange ! Got no breakfast, no lunch and nothing to drink until about 4.15pm because it was so busy at work (I was about to have my breakfast before starting work when I got called by a colleague to go and help out so the day started with a bang !) so then I had a coffee and about 10 small biscuits (oops !) on the ward. But as that was my breakfast and lunch I wasn't too worried and have just ignored it :eek:. Tonight I had my lunch for my tea plus HexB's and syns. I do feel pretty much in control so feeling good.

A post just to tell myself how far I've come on this journey.

1. I feel fantastic. I know I have a way to go and I find it very strange when people say 'you can't have much left to lose now'. I think I would like to lose at least another 2 stone but I don't really care how long it takes me now. 2 stone doesn't even feel too daunting even though it will take me months (unlike the first few).

2. I can't believe how much I have changed. I feel so much more confident and I feel calmer. I wasn't unhappy before, but I can admit now just how much my weight affected me. I thought about it when I walked into a room/meeting at work, when I saw my family, when I met new people etc etc. Not always consciously but subconsciously I wanted to hide in the background. Other people never knew that but I did. I don't feel like that any more. Actually that makes me quite sad to think back how much it did affect me.

3. I never ever want to go back there. Sometimes I feel a bit 'fed up' of SW and just want to be able to eat loads of biscuits or whatever else I want to have at the time or to be able to stop in at MacDonalds or whatever other junk food place I'm passing but more so, I never want to go back to that place. So I have accepted (at the moment !) that I'm in this for life unless I give up how I feel. So I'm making my choice.

4. I do worry that this is such a public journey. I can't deny what I've done because I think it's too obvious (and probably shouldn't anyway) but it worries me a bit that if I ever put weight on it's so obvious and I will go back to feeling even more ashamed than I was before I started. I know that's a bit stupid but there we go.

Anyway, that's probably enough for now otherwise I'll just get upset reading this !! I'm going to be very happy tomorrow (seeing Jules and Dawn) and will let you all know how it goes :)

Gail x

Aww Gail...what a wonderful post xx. And one we've all been hoping to read for a little while. It's awful to see anyone struggle, but particularly when that person is so open with their feelings, and so encouraging to others, like you.

I'm thrilled to have the old happy Gail back! (not so thrilled about the skipped brekkie and lunch but will let u off this time ;) )

See you tomorrow! Woo! Woo! Excited or WOT!!! xx

Stop it - you'll make me cry (again !) tonight !!!!

Gail x

Gail - you'll have me crying too! :wave_cry:

This rocky road we're all on is a pesky little rascal so that we all stumble occasionally. So it is good to see you back in control. I think many of us will identify with everything you have just written about - confidence, being ashamed and not wanting to go back there.

I think we all have a eureke moment - that point in out life where we know we have to lose weight. My eureke moment came when I admitted I was fat - and that was only on 1st April this year when I'd been losing weight for a long time and had already lost over 2 stone.
Before that I was doing it because I thought "I OUGHT TO".
Now I do it becasue "I WANT TO".

Keep on posting things like this - it certainly helps me put things in perspective. Your 70+ lb weight loss is brilliant and you know you will get there! I'll still be here plodding along with you!

Big (((( HUGS )))) :grouphugg:

Last edited:
Great post Gail :) really lovely!

Awesome to see you back to yourself x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for sharing Gail. I am so impressed with your weighloss and with your positive attitude. :) Welcome back!

Hey, doppelganger - get out of my head again!!!

Glad to see you back on track, feeling much more positive and recognising just how far you've come.

We're in this for life - we'll still be posting on Minis when we're in our 80s and looking for recipes for soft food!!! :D

Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy your meet-up - look forward to the gossip afterwards!!! :eek:

Hi Gail!

Long time no see! ;)
Only 37 minutes from home now :'( Stupid holidays always go so quickly :( Suppose there's always next year...

It was a great day wasn't it? I'm so glad gwyns driving cos I'm really stuffed! Gorgeous food! Super gorgeous company! Xx

Thanks for a wonderful day hunni...now you sit and put your feet up and have a rest...you deserve it!

Love Dawn Xxx

Echo what Dawn said Gail, thanks for a most lovely afternoon! Really enjoyed your expert cooking and yummy coffees. I've downloaded the Ocado app and have added both the hazlenut and choc to my shopping list! Was thinking what about adding a drop of vanilla essence to them?

Gail - what a lovely and thought provoking post! It has really made me realise how easy it is to trick myself to think that being off a diet is much better than being on it. I still have 7lbs or thereabouts that I want to lose and I keep telling myself I can do it without the help of a formal diet. Well I'm sure it's possible but I have never managed before. Whenever I "come off" a diet to go it alone I end up putting the weight on eventually and you have reminded me of this.:thankyou:

You are an absolute inspiration to so many of us here on Mini (and no doubt in real life as well whether you know it or not). It's great to see how you managed getting back on track after your holiday as so many people lose it completely. You took control and did what worked for you - and here you are, back in control - Well done you!! :)

Right I'm off to plan my food while I'm still feeling inspired :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Hi Gail, great post about how things have changed for you since you have lost weight. I think sometimes it's easy to forget how far you have come and writing it all down does help you to think about it more.

I think that last 2 stone will be off in no time, but it's good that you're in no rush. Just take it an lb at a time. You are a true inspiration to me and I'm sure many other people here :)

Brilliant post Gail, really made me think and focus. xx

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I'm glad I can help others in the same way that some have helped me. I see what people have achieved by just plugging away at it (eg Ellebear, Shrimpy, funcurls, jaylou, Jim of Troy, Jules, Pomette amongst others) which helps me to try to believe that maybe I can too. I was lucky that much of my weight came off very quickly and 'easily' but now that I am more 'normal' with slower losses, people here are giving me support to keep going.

It's lovely to think that I can help inspire and keep others going in the way that I have been inspired. So thanks to all :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back