Gaining weight at gym?

dd82

Gold Member
Since starting the gym two and a half weeks ago I have gained five lb feel really disheartened as I have been going every other day and working hard, I have increased my calorie intake from 1200 to 1500 sometimes 1700 to cover eating back exercise calories and to make sure I actually have the energy to exercise as doing high cardio classes like boot camp and circuit training as well as gym work , I am drinking just about the 2 litres a day and over that in gym days. Any ideas anyone , I took my measurements at the beginning and they have stayed the same

It sounds to me like you are retaining water- if the exercise thing is new, then your body is probably keeping it to help repair your muscles! And don't forget, you are probably building some muscle too.

Don't be disheartened. I know the measurements aren't changing but be happy that you're making positive changes and doing anything to improve your health! :)

Thanks I have decided after a big food binge which I haven't done for about 3 months that the exercise must be doing some good even if I can't see it I am not going to weigh for another two weeks and see what happens it might sort its self out

Thanks for asking , I have lost two of the pounds I gained so far and gained an inch on hips and arms which I am ok with , I have done boot camp this week to change it up a bit I weigh again Friday how are you ?

Thanks for asking , I have lost two of the pounds I gained so far and gained an inch on hips and arms which I am ok with , I have done boot camp this week to change it up a bit I weigh again Friday how are you ?

Aww fab hun, Probably muscle :)

Yeah I'm good started properly yesterday feeling good so far! Did 30 mins on cross trainer omg killer lol! xxx

I think cross trainer is the worse one i only do ten mins on there lol I did a circuit training class last night which was brilliant loads of fun and I worked really hard

That will slip back off soon I don't think it's fat weight probably water retention. Please don't get disheartened your see a toned fit body soon

Back