Gala pie recipe

bc201

Silver Member
Want to make a Gala/ pork pie type
Does anyone have a recipe
Going to use bacon to line the loaf tin then use the exlean pork mince egg herbs onion as filling and boiled eggs of cause will report as how it comes out (trying to make it SYN free !) any help would be great

Tried this yesturday Left it to cool and went to drama practice (performance tonight!!) but when I came back it had cooled alright plus 1/3 had disappeared !!!!
Which passed the taste test it was lovely did take a picture of what I could n but unable to add it ( can someone let me know how it's done on iPhone or iPad ) will add if I'm enlightened
Will add recipe if anyone interested

Hi that sounds good, could you post the recipe please?

500g ex lean pork mince 1/2 blitzed finer! 200gm Bacon lean (all visible fat removed) 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, finely chopped 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (leaves only) 1/4 tsp ground allspice 1/4 tsp of fresh grated nutmeg 1/2 tsp sea salt 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (optional: add more or less to taste Personally would add less herbs next time a bit too herby !)
Mix all together
Line loaf tin with trimmed bacon (did add some chopped in mix also so used more bacon 11/2 pkt)
Place some of mixture inside make sure there's no air gaps
Add boiled eggs in the middle place more mix tightly around the eggs covering their tops
Then fold the bacon over the top
Place in oven 180C for 11/2 hrs
Lovely

image-1522939652.jpg

Back