Attack Galette HELP!!!

chocoina

I'm starting the dukan diet tomorrow and wanted to be prepared. So I tried to make enough galettes for four days. I rubbed some oil in my hot pan, purred the mixture in the middle and fried it on low-medium heat, when I tried to turn it around it broke. I then tried it again in a very hot pan, same result. Well, I tried four different methods, but it all looks like scrambled eggs in the end. :eek:

I was sooo looking forward to them, I thought I'd use it like a tortilla wrap and wrap some smoked salmon in in it.

What did I do wrong???

I never mastered them- look in the recipe section for muffins or bread!! Good luck. X

It takes some gettign used to...but

I put a few drops of oil in the pan and then use a silicon pastry brush and smear it round the whole pan. Try cooking it on a cooler pan to start with, then spread it out thin. I use the back of a spatula and carefully spread it round the pan. Let it cook really slowly so that most of the top looks cooked too.

Then try to use a larger spatula and get it fully underneath. and flip but try doing it so its almost a toss, needs to be quick to flip it over.

You could always try cooking the top of the pancake in the grill, be careful of the pan handle.

I've also done drops of mixture. Again cook slowly, but put spoonfuls in the pan, smear it out to a thinner pancake, its easier to flip when only a smaller circle. Lots of little bites...yum!

Failing that, this is a bit long winded, but could stop it falling apart.....

When the first side is cooked, slide the galette onto a plate. Put pan over the top of the plate and very quickly flip the whole thing over so the galette lands back in the pan with uncooked side down. The quick flip takes some doing. Try practising with single egg omelettes. not as much wasted if it doesnt work and can still be eaten LOL.

secret is a good non stick small frying pan... very low heat.... leave for around 8 minutes and is dry on top before flipping over then doing the other side for a shorter time. theres a good description in the stickied dukan FAQ thread

Hehe I just spent ages with my mum trying different pans and slightly thinner mixtures and different temperatures and in the end she sloshed oil in the pan (she can have those, I'll stick with the slightly scrambled ones). I agree though, a brand spanking new non stick pan and not too high a heat. Wait till they are bubbling on the top and flip. Oh and I always make little ones, then I can have some for breaky and lunch!

Jeniferous said:
Hehe I just spent ages with my mum trying different pans and slightly thinner mixtures and different temperatures and in the end she sloshed oil in the pan (she can have those, I'll stick with the slightly scrambled ones). I agree though, a brand spanking new non stick pan and not too high a heat. Wait till they are bubbling on the top and flip. Oh and I always make little ones, then I can have some for breaky and lunch!

That's a good idea to split it. I usually eat it all in one go! Ha ha

I made dukan bread today and I did adjust the recipe a bit an let it prove for a while but it's good. Nice to mix it up a bit!

When I first started the diet I made a couple of galettes with different flavours, fajita shake, herbs and sweetner. I then cut them all in four and decided I couldhave 4 a day in a mix of flavours. They keep in a tub in the fridge for up to a week.

These days I really only have them if i am making tiny ones for my sunday breakfast and dipping them in my yogurt. Very tasty

dukannotsofatty said:
When I first started the diet I made a couple of galettes with different flavours, fajita shake, herbs and sweetner. I then cut them all in four and decided I couldhave 4 a day in a mix of flavours. They keep in a tub in the fridge for up to a week.

These days I really only have them if i am making tiny ones for my sunday breakfast and dipping them in my yogurt. Very tasty

Love this idea Xx

Back