Gallstones

I had my gall bladder removed 20 years ago. I had a gall stone stuck in my bile duct. It was very painful but not life threatening.

Good luck

WELL WELL WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou everyone. I am Dave's wife. I have just crawled from my bed to see what you are all up to. He IS lovely but i sort of wish he hadn't discussed my stuff on here if you know what i mean. Ah well, thankyou all. I am taking 30/500 co- codamol but they are only taking the edge off the pain for an hour or so. I WILL have the galbladder out when i feel better. The pain is indescribable isn't it?
I have been CDing as you know for ages (it seems) but i did have a bit of pastry the other day and the pain started a few hours after so it may have been triggered then. Who knows? I know i NEVER go to the GP bu tit was sooooo bad i had to. She was wonderful and did say gallstones were common but that she had come across a few women on VLCD with the sudden onset of them, so who knows?

Now, then.......where is David????

lol!!!!!

Caught red fingered wasn't he? Well I don't know where he was, but I know where he is now.......impaled on one of your stilletos!

Hi Annie,

EEk, poor Dave!! He does luv ya tho'!!

Seriously, don't mess with your gallstones. My sister had to wait ages for her op and ended up with severe jaundice, a failing liver and compromised kidneys, due to a blocked bile duct. She was so ill, vomiting, itching, bad pain, generally feeling terrible, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. She is okay now, pleased to say. I, on the other hand had mine out very quickly after I first got problems (lucky enough to have private medical insurance). It was keyhole surgery, and was really no big deal. I recovered very quickly and like others have said am so pleased the dam* thing's out. Good luck and try to be gentle with Dave!
SM

Oh God skinny, that IS scary. Thanks. Honestly, it has spurred me on. I will definately get it sorted.

Just adding my bit! - I had gallstones and an infected gallbladder aged 19 - worst pain ever, i really sympathise with your poor wife. The best thing ever was getting the stones and gallbladder removed - i've been fine ever since:D

Now, then.......where is David????

May I suggest this
th_wife2.gif

Dave obviously cares eh. Sympathies for the pain:hug99: It's the worst isn't it. I was pretty sure it was a heart attack the first time I had it.:eek:

Hi Dave,
I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, the pain is awful, I would only get attacks in the night, it would keep me awake ALL night long and I would be in agony. It took a year from diagnosis to operation on the NHS (I now have private and will never be without it), they removed my whole gall bladder through keyhold surgery. I still have my stones, I had over 50 small stones but my consultant told me that it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 500 the pain is still the same.

Try and persaude your wife to go to A&E and she may be lucky enough to get the operation, this time next week she will be pain free !!!

GOOD LUCK !

Back