Gamey's exante diary

Gamy

Day 1

It went well. I had two bars and a pot meal. I have a lot of weight to loose and seeing what I can do in that time. I forgot my 200 calorie snack as last time I tried it was the 600 calorie diet so something to get use too I guess.

Day 2 of exante and so far all good, helped that I had a 5lb weight loss since yesterday. I started with the porridge pot, then a chocolate coconut bar and mint chocolate cookie, which is my personal favourite.

I built my daughter's desk for her and her chair so that was good and I've now finished all the building jobs for a while! So now I guess I ought to start studying and keep my mind off food, although I'm peeing like a horse atm due to upping water so much.

Day 3.

Another 2lbs off. So half a stone in two days! Went well. I had my bar for breakfast, creamy thai pot for lunch then my double chocolate bar for tea then my guts hated me, which didn't help as I was fantasising about a steak all day but cravings kicked in and I managed to self sabotage myself with some left over Christmas stuff I really should have thrown out. Nevermind. Tomorrow is a new day

Gammy! You are doing brilliatly. Clear out that sabotage ammo - and put other things you canb't get rid of in differnt cupboards so it interupts your pattern. Do join our Christmas 2022 challenge and weigh in weekly with us.

Day 4

3lbs off this morning, no idea how! Was going well until lunch. I ran out of my daughter's food so we went to subway and the temptation got me, on the plus side I did have a healthish (minus crispy onions, cheese and light mayo) then evening went back to it. So probably not done too badly. Luckily my daughter is going back to school tomorrow so that means its hopefully easier for me. I've got a shop coming first thing so I have health snacks and she has her food for the weekend too. So hopefully with the 3 days left I can fully commit to it before weigh in properly again.

Day 5

Not surprised by the 3lb weight gain overnight. But today was a new day. I was up at the crack of dawn to shower and dress everyone by 6am as Morrison's delivery was due. No subs so nice healthy food plus Erika's in the house.

With Erika back at school I had more time to focus on me. As we got up so early I kicked it off with an exante porridge pot but was hungry by 11 so had an early lunch. It kept me going until Erika's bedtime when I had another pot. I got snacks in the fridge if I need them but really tired so might just sleep

Hey Grammy,

You’ve started brilliantly! The real challenge is getting past day 3/4, which I’m sure you remember from last time! Keeping healthy snacks in the house will really help too, I’m sure!

Looking forward to following your journey. xx

Thank you for all the encouragement.

Day 6

4lbs off today, so damage limitation sorted. I've figured if I'm bored I'm more likely to eat so I need to keep occupied I guess. It's more likely watching tv, I think it might be more habit having a snack. But I stayed strong and had my porridge and 2 bars yesterday.

Luckily got the last of my presentation to do today so that should help, next week studying for exams. Oh the life of a student.

Well done. You are on a day by day journey. That's all it takes, whatever plan we are on. Just each day, consistently.

I definitely agree keeping busy helps. For me, also breaking patterns. I moved things around in the cupboards so my go to routines were disrupted. Mr AG also keeps his biscuits and crisps in his room - so there aren't in the kitchen. I recommend having some new hot drinks - maybe a slice of lemon in hot water, mint tea etc, and perhaps some electrolyte drinks - new habits. Let me know if you want some recipes.

Great tips from both of you! I'll give it a go.

Day 7

Loss 2lbs yesterday morning. I had my bar for lunch and breakfast, had a snack of turkey so 110 calories. So seems like it was going to be a good day. Group work with a bunch of early 20 year olds with no motivation to do it got the better of me. Bare in mind I've been pestering them since before we broke up mid December to communicate. It's due in Monday and nothing has been done and I was literally spending the day crying at my screen. I told my friend who came round with Chinese. I'm such an emotional eater and tbh I don't feel bad at all. The Chinese did get rejected due to the increase in fat so I then spent the next few hours unsure if I should leave the bathroom or not so I guess I paid the price. I decided to leave them to it and just do the indiviual project in the summer as its less stressful for me

Day 8

So officially 13lbs down from the start, which isn't all to bad considering I've not been fully commited. I plan to change that after tomorrow. Only reason being was breakfast was late and my bar was fine. Then late lunch due to Erika having to go to her best friends birthday party. Really amusing see that my daughter is the only child with autism in a mainstream school, so seeing her with her peers and being that 'weird' kid makes it more noticable. It was fine they, they currently accept her for being her and that's fine. So as she did well for this party I treated her to pizza hut. She hadn't eaten since breakfast at this point as it was coming up to 4pm. But I ate less than I normally do, so although I'm over exante calories, I'm under my weight loss calories so I guess that's good. I've got nothing, minus the usual routine, now planned and I have food and everything else sorted so I should be fine for a week at least.

Day 9

So day at home today. I didn't weigh myself this morning as I forgot, but probably for the best right. So I had my 3 replacement meals as planned, which was great. Although I did forgot that I hadn't eaten my 2nd bar and was about to raid my fridge and eat everything in sight. I told myself no, remember why I was doing it and drank some water instead, then ate my coconut bar. My daughter has kindly left her christmas chocolat in sight, so I've had to make it a make shift home until she returns from the land of nod, to make sure I don't eat it, but again remembered why I was doing it and stuck to my guns.

Day 10

Double digits woot. I gained a pound, which isn't much of a surprise with TOTM, which explains the cravings as I seriously eat everything in sight prior to coming on. I had a fail day, but a good fail I guess. I ate two bars and forgot about the 3rd but did have some ham to munch on so I was under calories by 250. I also didn't manage my 2l of water, so I guess I'm going to pay for that later. Luckily I had a pretty lazy day so I didn't need to use much energy I guess.

Day 11

I lost 3 lbs since yesterday so a stone under my start weight now. Also a 3rd day for not falling off the bandwagon. I was so tempted to order a take away but thought no Gamy you need to do this and so will regret it later. So got the creamy thai pot meal and ate that instead with a pint of water. I'm sure my body will thank me for it later.

Starting to think about exercise now, although I won't start until February due to exam period although maybe at weekends 🤔 not crazy, maybe just a low impact walking exercise just to get my joints moving more although I'll have to see how it copes going around uni first

Great work Gamey! Well done for ignoring the sabotaging thoughts - I’m sure you’ll see the reward on the scales. xx

Back