Gamy's weight loss and TTC/pregnant diary

I just cleared out the fridge again this morning so no temptation now. Poured the left over wine from last night down the skin. No stopping me today! I did need a pick me up yesterday. I went out for coffee with some friends and a couple of them announced they were expecting. I'm happy for them, but it made me feel like crap since I've had terrible periods since my miscarriage, which just happened to be day 2, so its really heavy and full force. Maybe I'll get luckier with this cycle and have some awesome weight loss to boot.

Well done on tackling the fridge Gamy, that's a really good thing to do - and chin up my love, I know it's a boring thing to say but everything will get better for you day by day xxx

Hello Gamy,

I am here to subscribe! :)

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your little ones and you are suffering terrible periods now. I don't want to hijack your thread or anything but I can relate to this - if you need a friendly ear please drop me a message (no pressure though).

lostinarnia xx

Week didn't start off as planned. However, I've made a meal planner now and going to stick with that. I think the issues are, when traveling with a young baby she still needs to be fed, then I get tempted by food. I need to stay home around feeding times, just until I get the hang of the diet. I know I can do it as I had an amazing Jan, so I'd like to repeat that in March if I can. So 1st of March today, it will start no more excuses. I do have 2 birthday's this month but I'm going for damage limitation and just 1 piece of cake on both.

hi gammy
two minds think a like i have bought a little blackboard from the poundshop to write me meals on so hubby knows what im having and cannot go off it x x x

I did it. I did day 1 again and it went well.

Breakfast: Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and grapes in a muller light strawberry yourghurt

Lunch: Salad leaves, cucumber, celery, tomatos, ham and 4x diarylea triangles (hea)

Snack: 2x alpine bars (heb)

Dinner: Chicken and pork stir fry, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, bean sprouts,

Syns: Oreo sandwich ice cream (6) Kit kat (5.5) hot chocolate (2.5) = 14syns

Hoping today turns out as well as yesterday.

In other news my daughter decided to rock herself in her highchair and smack her head straight into the floor. She now has a massive bruise on her head. I blame daddy teaching her it was ok to begin with, she normally just watches what I'm doing whilst sat in her high chair. She's fine though

aww bless your daughyer love glad she is ok
and well done on day one good luck for today x x

Food sounds perfect!!!

And ouchie to your daughter's head, poor wee thing, hope the bruise heals up quickly x

It didn't go to bad yesterday either until I got a sore throat then finish all my ice syns. Never mind, I'll cut down on syns today.

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes, blackberries, raspberries, muller light.

Lunch: Ham, salad leaves, cucumber, tomato, celery, radish, 4x diarylea light (HEA)

Snack: 2x alpine bars. (heb)

Dinner: Beef, onion, mushrooms, stock, spices, gravy (3syns)

Syns: Oreo ice cream sandwich 6 syns each x5 Total syns (33)

Not so good yesterday, but in all fairness I was hungry! We went to Weston-Super-Mare yesterday for a day out and did a ton of walking around the shops so hoping it combated some of the food I ate. We couldn't find subway so ended up in the harvester so god knows how much I ate, but I didn't have dinner as I didn't need it.

Breakfast: Strawberries, Grapes, Blackberries, Raspberries, Muller light

Lunch: Coffee cooler and coffee and walnut cake

Dinner: Mixed grill and salad.

Syns way to many to even work out!

I bet it works out fine Gamy, what with the walking and a good syns allowance :)

And really, nothing beats a good coffee and walnut cake :)

morning gamy how are you today x x

No doubt the walking will have helped. And sometimes a bigger calorie intake every now and then helps the process along, so I wouldn't worry too much. And my god, walnut cake - YES PLEASE!

Yesterday was a good day, despite being busy.

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes, blackberries, raspberry and muller light

Lunch: Ham, salad leaves, tomato, cucumber, radishes, celery 4x diarylea triangles (hea)

Snack: 2x alpine bar light (heb)

Dinner: Meat and egg loaf (pork mince 5% and egg with spices) swede, carrot, spinach, courgette and leek.

syns: 2x kitkat (11 syns)

Seems I lost 3lbs yesterday, which is a great new start for me. I'm really pleased if that, so of course I had a treat night as I really don't want to cook after slimming world and putting the children to bed. What do you guys do on weigh in night as I need to brake this cycle as I guessing it will stall my weight loss in the future, so want to tackle it now before it becomes to much of a habit. Despite that I had a really strange eating pattern yesterday, purely as I didn't have time to eat. I had breakfast at lunch, had healthy extras for my snack/lunch the dinner at a later time as that's normal for weigh-in days.

Breakfast: N/A

Lunch: Grapes, Strawberries, raspberries, muller light

Snack: 2x alpine bars, 3x babybel lights.

Dinner: KFC, dr pepper, some chocolates.

Hopefully I'll get lots of ideas for dinner so next Thursday night it will look a lot healthier. Also out of fruit so no more fruit salad for breakfast until I go shopping. So will be interesting what I pick out for breakfast.

I don't normally have a big lunch on WI day, and a lot of people at my club don't eat lunch at all! Then we all use Monday nights as a sort of treat night. My friend Lou has a big white sandwich, for example, when she gets home.

I try to have some good stuff all ready to heat up - and of course the syn free meals are good for that too.

If I went to a weigh in I'd try to switch it up - one week just stick to plan, then next week have something that isn't that healthy for you - that way your brain doesn't start to associate weigh-in with a blow out. I'm all about the triggers and combating my addiction at the moment so don't mind me...I'm stumbling around trying to find what's best for me at the moment, I shouldn't really offer any advice until I know what I'm talking about!

Sounds like some great ideas. I also posted in our groups facebook page and they mentioned either the slimming world ready meals or slow cooker, which I might do since I'm usually in all day on Thursdays. Its Erika's and mine down time since we go out to groups every other day in the week. I guess in a way its still a group, just with adults rather than babies. She's pretty good at slimming world, but she's almost a toddler so can imagine it will soon be more of a handful to keep her at group. I didn't do to badly, although having lack of meals again, since we had music at 11.30-12 then visited my mum until 4.30. My son at this point was hungry after school so we went to Sainsbury's for a treat for him. He had a meltdown as he didn't go yesterday, he normally goes on the same day he has P.E., but he kept saying no. Come bedtime we had an hour meltdown as he hadn't gone. He lives with my parents during the week as his school is their side of Bristol. It would take me an hour to get him to school daily, which is a long time out of his day and he comes home so tired. It takes 10-15 minutes from mums, but its the best school for him. It wasn't an easy choice, but the best choice for him and sometimes, in my opinion, being a parent isn't what the best choice for me to be, but what is actually best for him. So we came up with that.

Breakfast: Spaghetti on toast.

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: Chicken Tikka, rice, naan, onion bahji. 1000cals roughly according to the chart.

Back