Garlic with Butter Beans and Red Pepper Soup

slimforsummer

Hi All

Just thought I would post this Soup Recipe, I made this yesterday for our Miss Slinky Soup Taster Night and everyone loved it! I copied the recipe and ALL 30 copies went. Hope you enjoy, I do Slimming World by the way.

Garlic with Butter Beans and Red Pepper Soup

Free on Extra Easy and Green

Ingredients:

8 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 tins of Butter Beans
2 Red Peppers, chopped

1 Vegetable Stockpot
1 Herb Infusion Stockpot
1 Tblsp Hot Paprika
1 Litre of Water
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:
1. Chop Onions, Red Peppers and Crush Garlic Cloves, add Butterbeans and Cannellini Beans.
2. Boil your water and add the Vegetable Stockpot and Herb Infusion Stockpot (or you can just add dried herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary) add the tablespoon of Hot Paprika. Pour over the above.
3. Bring to Boil then simmer until Red Peppers and Onions are cooked.
4. Either leave chunky or liquidise.
5. Add Salt and Pepper if required.
Note:
Adding Bacon lardoons is fabulous. Fry them in a pan, and add them to the soup before you serve it (this obviously stops it from being a vegetarian soup!). Also only free on Extra Easy.
If you use Smoked Bacon, you can dry fry it, then add it along with the Butter Beans etc to give this soup a smoky flavour.

This sounds gorgeous. Soup week next week so think i will make this

Made this today and added in a courgette which was sitting in the fridge ... So simple to make but delicious - will be something I will make regularly - thank you Ellie

Sounds very yummy. Think I'll go buy some peppers and butterbeans tomorrow and have it for lunch mmmm

Back