Gary Taubes book is fab...FACT

triage999

Gold Member
Why didn't I buy this sooner!!! A diet scientist that's actually challenging the governments food pyramid and winning.....so, so true that all this low fat, lower cal eating is why we as a society have gotten fat and increasingly becoming diabetic! And why we can't lose weight by calorie restriction and exercise, and gain back the weight within a year on those diets!

I thoroughly recommend those that low carb read it, I had it on pre order as the new version wasn't supposed to be released until the 23rd March but it arrived on Thursday...:)

Finally someone who speaks a lot of sense, my new bible!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-785140463.jpg
    image-785140463.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 65
thanks for the review, i have been thinking of getting this book, will push on and get it now, i need to revitalize my enthusiasm!

I Concur!!

I got the book a couple of weeks ago, the night before we went for a weekend to London, with lots to do! Couldnt put it down, it was totally enthralling!
Did anybody see on the news this week, the chap who had been injecting insulin in the same spot, he had gotten really really fat in that are of his stomach, it looked like a pair of boobs. More proof that insulin is what makes you fat, not calories!

I agree, It's a great book & much easier to read than The Diet Delusion. I have loaned mine to a friend & haven't got it back yet. I wish our government food 'experts' would read it but I fear the high carb food lobby has too strong a hold. I wonder how many M.Ps have shares in junk food manufacturers.

I got the cheap edition, I ordered it when it was just £3.72 & free postage Claire, I had to wait ages for it but believe me it was a bargain.

Claire I'll loan it to you when finished???!! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Definitely the best book - that's why i am happy to be an advocate for low carbing now;)

Definitely definitely get this book. If you can't, then I would recommend watching him do one of his talks on YouTube. It's basically a condensed version of the book. The best one I've seen (and there are 3 or 4 versions of the same talk on YT) is the one he did at a Crossfit convention.
Part 1 is here: CrossFit - Gary Taubes: Why We Get Fat (Unabridged) Part 1 - YouTube
(this cuts out the intro and starts when Gary starts speaking)

I've said it before but I can't get over how much he sounds and looks like Owen Wilson. I could just about eat Owen Wilson up (that would be low carb, right? ;) ), so I love watching Taubes! :)

I love his books! I'm doing low carb as maintenance after lighter life. He writes so well. It's quite startling how the low fat/high carb myth has made so many people insulin resistant!

This is the man that brought me back to Atkins and minimins. :D

I came across it accidentally and wow what an eye opener it was!! I have just recommended it to a gf.

I went to Amazon and downloaded the free kindle for pc's and phones and got the book within a minute for 4 quid!! Money VERY well spent. :happy096:

I do love his writing too - but then I just get angry at the nutritional field who just believe everything potato the grain lobby tell them and spout it as gospel! Rant over.

I do love his writing too - but then I just get angry at the nutritional field who just believe everything potato the grain lobby tell them and spout it as gospel! Rant over.

Try telling your FB friends!! I took my post down after all the negative comments on how DANGEROUS Atkins is......

Gary Taubes is brilliant. He is a Harvard educated scientist who, after thorough research, summed it up this way: we gain weight because we eat too much carbohydrate. Carbohydrate is driving insulin is driving fat. So cut out the carbs and weight loss will follow. Seems a simple proposition, doesn't it.

Back