Gary Taubes book is fab...FACT

I have unsweetened soya milk in tea and it doesn't seem to affect ketosis. (When I was on LL I had tea black but ended up having lots of sweeteners... so I feel unsweetened soya milk is the lesser of the two evils!)

I have unsweetened soya milk in tea and it doesn't seem to affect ketosis. (When I was on LL I had tea black but ended up having lots of sweeteners... so I feel unsweetened soya milk is the lesser of the two evils!)

MMMM not my fav, but I have done it before, so I'm sure I could use that again as I do love tea and in Lincolnshire black tea ends up with an unsightly film on the top.................. not very appetising lol

Also ............ I'm full of questions.......... I've been looking for a recipe for cauli mash............or am I being thick and its just cooked cauli that has been mashed in the same way you would mash potatoe..............??

Been on the MiM thread and there are loads of ideas there, so shall be buying some flaxseed asap

Thanks for all your help xx

The best cauli mash recipe I found was here:

I Breathe...I'm Hungry...: "Better than Potatoes" Cheesy Cauliflower Puree

It is also in the recipe thread. I made a whole loads of shepherds pies & creamy fish pie with langoustines and froze them - my DH loves the fish pie but shakes his headin disbelief that I'm losing weight with it.

If I get time, I'm going to try her pizza crust too.

Dawn - I just remembered this recipe. Couldn't find it in the recipe thread so:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Instant Bread[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]About 8carbs for the whole recipe, Serves 8[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]100g Ground Almonds[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Eggs[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]½[/FONT]tsp Baking Powder
25g Melted Butter

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix wet ingredients, then add the dry. Pour into whatever container you like and nuke for 2-3 mins (you can tell if its ready by touching the top- it should be dry)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks to Ross Oliver from low-carbdiet.co.uk[/FONT]

More cakey than bready I would say. You can do anything you want to it, like a bt of sweetener and cocoa to make it chocolatey or bacon for more savory. I used tot ake itto work for breakfast with a few blueberries and rasperries thrown in as it went into the microwave. Or I used to have it as a trifle with s/f jelly, berries and cream.

BTW MAddie has a really good photo of a MIM on her thread.

I don't think you can have nuts on Induction? But I may be wrong.......

Yep - completely forgot - no use for Induction!

I tried to go low carb today, but had a hypo - I'm diabetic - so had to have a banana, so tbh think Atkins is out for me, but have had a look at the Harcombe diet and think this may be better for me as a diabetic.

Thanks to everyone for their help xx

Dawn

Might be worth reading the Atkins book, the copy I have has a whole load in it about Diabetics and low carb.

OK........will have a look, but have ordered the harcombe diet book now lol
Liked the idea that I could have porridge for breakfast as long as I didn't have milk with it!

Thank you for your help xx

Back