gastric band hypnotherapy

I lost 4lbs!!!! soo happy with myself... met my surgeon today.. it was my dad how funny.. just not hungy im loving this :)

gutted, my therapist called this morning and changed my session to next friday! I was really looking forward to it and now I'm disappointed! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Had my second session today and have lost 3lbs, which is not great amounts but its 3lbs less than I was last week

donjon said:
Had my second session today and have lost 3lbs, which is not great amounts but its 3lbs less than I was last week

It's not a diet that's what u need to keep thinking. 3lbs is amazing. I used to loose 7 or 8lbs when with weight watchers in my 1st week...but I'm so positive that this is working. Good luck xx

You are so right Claire it isnt a diet. I have to say I am finding not grazing easier than I thought and I am quite mindful of what goes in my mouth now. Looking forward to my "op". I have also joined SW mainly for the weekly weigh in and also inspiration for meals, to get away from the lard bucket meals I was previously eating. I was at SW a year ago and weighed 1 stone 8lbs heavier then. So I know I can do it, its having the resolve and willpower to change my eating to healthy positive eating and knowing when enough is enough. No one has to lick the plate clean anymore.

Well done on your weight loss.

Hi everyone - I am so glad it is working for you. I was very positive when I went for my hypnoband and got very emotional when I booked the sessions. On the day of the op I was nervous as if I was having an op for real, but my mind won't let me relax into it properly. My body is def relaxed and everytime I feel my mind start to relax its like it says "no you don't" and I can feel myself 'come up' and then I start answering the therapist as he is talking to me (in my head that is):cry:I also didn't find the CBT side of things very helpful as he just chatted to me and told me on just about every session how he just had a small piece of pure chocolate and let it melt in his mouth! Not sure how that was supposed to help me.

Good luck to all those who are still to have their bands and for those that are doing well - congratulations xxxx :D

Definitely head to your local and reputable physician and talk over your medical record, your health habits and your day to day situation. Sometimes the smallest change can make the biggest difference. I've recently found out I'm gluten intolerant and have lost 7 pounds just from not eating gluten. Good luck and don't fall for snake oil salesmen.

Not heard of snake oil salesmen before!

I think most of us on this thread have exhausted all physical options and are left with having to deal with the head side of it

Definitely head to your local and reputable physician and talk over your medical record, your health habits and your day to day situation. Sometimes the smallest change can make the biggest difference. I've recently found out I'm gluten intolerant and have lost 7 pounds just from not eating gluten. Good luck and don't fall for snake oil salesmen.

I would be happy to deal with a "snake oil salesman" if it gave proven results. You will find that after many years many of us are fed up with the constant battle with shifting the weight. Most of us have done the slimming clubs, the diarrhoea inducing tablets and such like. Many of us have seeked our physicians advice before embarking on such a restrictive diet. Personally I think with only 2 posts on Minimims you should not be putting down peoples methods of weight loss. Have a look at the various boards going and read the peoples stories as to how, why and when they have gotten to be like they are and maybe appreciate that the choice to go on a VLCD or any other form of diet isnt an easy one. It takes willpower, much of which does wane when you have been on it for weeks. However if cognitive behaviour therapy means you have the inner confidence to hang in there for the long haul I am more than happy to pay for the services of the snake oil salesman.

Also to be fair too, with the little amount of weight you are chosing to lose, yes small changes to eating ie cutting out gluten may work for you, but many on here are dealing with more than treble your amount of weight to lose and losing piddling amounts like 1lb a week on regular diets is frustrating and soul destroying.

A book that perhaps you should read is the Shirran Solution, gives a great insight into the hypnosis therapy with weight loss, then come back and tell us to stop eating bread and pasta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taz
Not heard of snake oil salesmen before!

I think most of us on this thread have exhausted all physical options and are left with having to deal with the head side of it

I think you are so right - losing weight is not the hardest part.........but getting your head into the right place is hard and keeping it there even harder. Most people on here have tried every diet under the sun and know that eating less and exercising more is the way to go.........but its restrictive and not much fun! So, if you can have help in putting your head in the place it needs to be in order to achieve your goal who wouldn't try that??!!!!!

Reactions: Taz
Having 'the op' tomorrow. I haven't lost weight this week which has stumped me :-( I have not snacked and had smaller meals. Only thing I can think of is that I had a small dominos pizza on Friday :-(

Claire-anna said:
Having 'the op' tomorrow. I haven't lost weight this week which has stumped me :-( I have not snacked and had smaller meals. Only thing I can think of is that I had a small dominos pizza on Friday :-(

Don't get disheartened hun and don't worry about what your eating your body will take time to adjust to having only the food it needs rather than stuffing yourself lol drink lots of water and when u do eat ask yourself if your really hungry or just thirsty. Xxxxxx

All my life people who have not been in my shoes have sat there and said have you tried this, what about that but please don't pass judgement on my choice of the hynoband when the weight you want to lose is just a drop on the ocean.

Well said sparkle rose, makes me so mad that people who are very much ill informed comes out of the woodwork and makes sweeping statements when they really dont have a clue.

Good luck for Saturday x

Well said to all above. Everyone here has made a right and positive move and so far no one has said they have any allergies/intolerances that were hampering their efforts. If you have an allergy/intolerance to food groups then identifying this WILL produce a weight loss but only to reduce bloating and not a continuous loss.

We are all here for the long haul and are making positive steps in investing in our futures. We are all losing weight without excluding food groups, restricting ourselves or depriving ourselves of anything we want/need.

Keep at it ladies and don't listen to ANY doubters x

Sparkle I have just read your blog and I can identify with so many issues regarding eating that you have raised, from where it stemmed from to how you regard food now. You are not alone in how you feel and how you eat. My hubby works away from home too and I started healthy eating at the start of January, was doing really good, until he ended up offshore and I have done nothing but eaten a heap of junk. I think you are right not telling your parents about your new journey as they are waiting for you to fail. My dad is as skinny as they come, my mum was however not and struggled with her weight for many years. My dad constantly tells me "you need to lose weight", yeah well pops you know something you need to stop drinking and we both have things we need to do but not going to be doing it any time soon. My dad would phone of an evening and it would usually be when I have something in my mouth and he would be like are you eating again, hell yeah I am but its a slice of toast, nothing major, and I would get "you are always eating".

Remember you are not alone and we are here to support you all the way with this journey and help you through the highs and lows.

I too have just read your blog and can also identify with so much of what you have written...........so many of our food issues begin in childhood and I have tried hard not to put pressure on my own children.

I loved your honesty and found what you said to be quite humbling and want to wish you well for Feb 4th and from everything you have written you are in the right place for this to work for you.

Good luck xx

Hey there sparkle-rose, just been reading some of your blog and I want to wish you all the best for your exciting journey on Saturday. I knew of a lady whos daughter had hypnotherapy for weight loss and achieved her 4 stone goal and kept it off which I think is one of the hardest parts of this eating/dieting journey. I'll be looking out for your update.....Saskax

Back