gastric band hypnotherapy

Well done! I have the baby weaning bowls to take my food to work in, they are the right size portions and come with a spoon/fork attached. Ideal!

Well done! I have the baby weaning bowls to take my food to work in, they are the right size portions and come with a spoon/fork attached. Ideal!
lol love it

Well earlier in week started the surgery session of my gastric band hypnotherapy. Noticed I'm eating less this week and smaller portions. Went out for meal tonight and couldn't eat everything on my plate.

How is everyone doing? I've gone back to basics and reading the book again. I've lost nothing but 2lb this year so I think it's time to start again - New year, new start! Has anyone else done this? I am hoping it will give me the boost I need and feeling positive as I'm already feeling the restriction again :D

I've been hit and miss with listening to my hypnotherapy sessions. Listened again last night so will definitely be making more effort to listen. Ive got to make time for it.

I've lost 8lb this year. Been following slimming world plan and using the hypnotherapy to help me from overeating. It seems to be working as not depriving myself.

I used to do SW but moved right away from it after I started with the hypnotherapy. I haven't counted calories, Syns, points or anything since and it's brilliant! The beauty of the HGB is that you can eat ANYTHING you like. One of the things I've noticed about SW since being off it is that a lot of the free food is full of sugar substitutes which are really bad for you, worse than sugar! You may find a little more freedom if you forget about following any plans and go for the foods you really want. Just my opinion of course x

I did try intuitive eating for three months last year. It started with Paul Mckenna I can make you thin book and hypnotherapy. Then read beyond chocolate. Unfortunately I just gained a stone. I don't think it's for everyone. I've taken some of the principles such as eating when hungry and stopping when full. I don't eat a lot of with sweetners but everything in moderation. Such as the odd pepsi max. I wouldn't add to recipes as some recipes suggest.

​There is no single answer. What works for one person wont necessarily work for another. I think the key is finding what works and sticking with it :)

Trying the hypnotherapy gastric band again

Hi all, not be around for a while. I'd let disheartenment get the better of me and gave up trying to Lose weight. I few months ago I gave myself a virtual butt kick & started to get my act into gear. Zumba 3 times a week & gym sessions between, lost inches but recently the weight is creeping back

My problem is not what I eat now as no more junk & unhealthy snacking (apart from when hubby is on nights - I don't know why I do it :() but I just seem to lose 1lb & gain back the next week.

So I think I need a little help, contemplating trying the vgb again but with a different hypnotherapist. Has anyone used Steve miller before?

P.s Hi Taz, great to see it's still working for you :)

Hi Debs, sorry to see it's not going so well. Have you tried the Paul McKenna one? I started off with one on one hypnotherapy but it soon lapsed when I couldn't get back to the therapist for top up sessions. I got the Paul Mckenna book and CD last year and it was the best thing I ever did. 46lb lost and bags of motivation and energy, even with an underactive thyroid! It's really cheap on Amazon and definitely worth trying

Hi Taz, I have the I can make you thin & the gastric band one, totally forgot - doh.
If I recall I read the book and tried the cd but felt I never went into trance.

I'd read so much about Steve miller & thought, can't go wrong with someone who has such a good reputation. Did not know that you have to go back for top ups :( I'm not even sure of the initial cost as yet as waiting for a telephone call from him. If its extortionate I may have to stick with the cd.

Sometimes I can't relax enough to go into the trance and I feel like I've wasted half hour but I just try it again the following evening. It's best in a darkish room where there are no other noises and clearing your mind so you can completely relax is essential. It would be worth trying again, it's certainly the cheaper option! You do need top ups as the effect will wear off. With the CD you just listen to it whenever you feel the need

Good idea. I re-read it earlier this year just to refresh my memory. Let us know how you get on with it

im going to start listening to it again monday x

I started listening again 2 days ago. I know I should have waited & re read book first but not going to find proper time till weekend to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i know when i was listening to it i was eating less and not thinking food need to get back into it lolol

It does give you an amazing freedom from food. I love the feeling of not being controlled by food. I control my food now, I eat when I'm hungry, I don't deprive myself of anything and I am more happy than I ever was when I was 'dieting'

Back