gastric band hypnotherapy

Oh dear......

I have been a member here for a long time and I do know Mini cares about the site and it's members and one of the things I love about this forum is the care and attention from the Admin team. As a community it doesn't allow anything unhealthy or dangerous to be discussed or promoted and anything that seems to contravene this rule will be investigated rather than a member simply being blocked without a chance to explain. It also doesn't ignore any discussion that could incite others into an unhealthy or dangerous act or way of life.

On the flip side, I do have to say that MissMiff, like many of us, has most likely only listed the 'main meals' part of the day as that's what most people consider to be their daily intake. The people involved in discussions on this thread know that meals are much smaller for us, just as someone who has had WLS, but we also snack when we need to. We are not starving ourselves, quite the opposite in fact. We are listening to our bodies and giving them what they need, when they need it. And generally our smaller meals will be more substantial than they sound.

Personally I think VLCD's are the most unhealthy diets as they take your body to the edge of the danger zone and teach you nothing about a healthy lifestyle. But that's just my opinion, and I can't really see the difference between someone posting about living off of 4 shakes a day (whilst also posting about horrible side effects such as hair loss, stomach troubles, lethargy etc) and someone saying they have a slice of toast, other stuff, and a small healthy meal in the evening (whilst also saying they have a lot of energy and feel great!).

We have all chosen our paths and not every one suits everyone. The HGB is not a diet, there is no plan to follow, there are no restrictions. It is simply reprogramming the subconscious to eat in the way we were born to eat and not the way we have learned to eat. A natural side effect to this that your tastes change and you begin to crave healthy food. Your body really does tell you what it wants and as long as you listen you will eat a healthy balanced diet but only what you need of it.

I love this thread and the people who post here. Mini, you have my word that if anyone here misbehaves I will whoop their butts for you! I don't want anyone to stop posting here and I don't want there to be any bad feeling.

It's past my bedtime, lets all sleep on this and start afresh in the morning x

Oh dear......

I have been a member here for a long time and I do know Mini cares about the site and it's members and one of the things I love about this forum is the care and attention from the Admin team. As a community it doesn't allow anything unhealthy or dangerous to be discussed or promoted and anything that seems to contravene this rule will be investigated rather than a member simply being blocked without a chance to explain. It also doesn't ignore any discussion that could incite others into an unhealthy or dangerous act or way of life.

On the flip side, I do have to say that MissMiff, like many of us, has most likely only listed the 'main meals' part of the day as that's what most people consider to be their daily intake. The people involved in discussions on this thread know that meals are much smaller for us, just as someone who has had WLS, but we also snack when we need to. We are not starving ourselves, quite the opposite in fact. We are listening to our bodies and giving them what they need, when they need it. And generally our smaller meals will be more substantial than they sound.

Personally I think VLCD's are the most unhealthy diets as they take your body to the edge of the danger zone and teach you nothing about a healthy lifestyle. But that's just my opinion, and I can't really see the difference between someone posting about living off of 4 shakes a day (whilst also posting about horrible side effects such as hair loss, stomach troubles, lethargy etc) and someone saying they have a slice of toast, other stuff, and a small healthy meal in the evening (whilst also saying they have a lot of energy and feel great!).

We have all chosen our paths and not every one suits everyone. The HGB is not a diet, there is no plan to follow, there are no restrictions. It is simply reprogramming the subconscious to eat in the way we were born to eat and not the way we have learned to eat. A natural side effect to this that your tastes change and you begin to crave healthy food. Your body really does tell you what it wants and as long as you listen you will eat a healthy balanced diet but only what you need of it.

I love this thread and the people who post here. Mini, you have my word that if anyone here misbehaves I will whoop their butts for you! I don't want anyone to stop posting here and I don't want there to be any bad feeling.

It's past my bedtime, lets all sleep on this and start afresh in the morning x

Thanks Taz.. I couldn't have put it better myself....

been so down since, as tried to explain with all my might..but it was like bashing my head on against a wall

still tomorrow is another day, and I'll look forward to my 800+ calories xxx

Reactions: Taz
Hi guys. I started the easy loss virtual gastric band app 11 days ago. In my first week I lost 4lbs and I had a cheeky mid week weigh yesterday and I have lost another 3lbs.
I had been following sw and attended group for a year. When I stopped going to group I lost control and put 1.5 stone of the 3.5 stone I had lost back on! I think this was due to portion size. I had been told that I could eat as much as I wanted of certain things so lost control of my full signals. Found myself constantly snacking throughout the day and craving chocolate so much that I actually thought I was preggers at one point!
Since starting this I have not snacked once, I can enjoy 1 biscuit and don't fill my plate any more. It really has changed my life and wish I had found it sooner as I have about 1.5 stone to and I get married in 6 weeks!!

Good luck to you.... Xxx

Good morning all! I don't know how anyone could function with less than 1000 calories a day, certainly not for an active life! I can't say I've counted my calories as the whole point is to never have to count anything again but I start the day with a home made smoothie and dinner is usually a pasta dish. Lunch is varied and there are several snacks when required, usually a Nakd bar, crisps, biscuit moments or Go Ahead slices. I also love scrambled eggs with chilli sauce mmmmmm. Most of what I eat now is smaller shots of higher calorie, nutritious food. I take multi vitamins every day and always have at least 5 of my 5 a day. I drink mostly non fizzy drinks, usually NAS squash, I have a cup of peppermint tea every morning (good for the digestion) a couple of coffees during the day and at least one redbush tea (packed with antioxidents). On the surface it may seem like I don't eat a lot and I never eat much in one sitting but my basics in a day are all healthy.

So I'd like to know, what are everyone else's daily basics?

Although I have only been doing this 12 days now a typical day for me is...
Breakfast: weatabix or sultana bran, pint of nas squash and a mint green tea
Dinner:pasta and sauce, salad or left over tea
Tea:homemade tea from my sw book. Eg shepherds pie or stew, lots of veg and healthy food.

I have totally stopped snacking since starting this and I drink about 3 mint green teas and about 5ints of nas squash.

I feel amazing for it :)

My day is normally

Toast with pilchards or Smoked Mackerel or cereal
2 cups of tea (with sugar)
Lunch, I normally dont have time for
But I do eat about 3 bits of fruit
and a cereal bar or 3..lol
About 4-5pm is dinner time.. I always cook from scratch.. so it will be anything from beef bourguignon with creamed potatoes, and veggies to a Biriyani..I can only manage about half a plate of this.. its normally served up, and cooked with wine...(YUM)... oh and I do love chips!
About 9pm I will have a snack, either pita with chicken or salmon, with salad
Topped of with a few malteasers!
Throughout the day I will drink about 5 cups of tea with sugar, and fruit squash, water and the occassional smoothie.

And i never feel hungry, and i have more energy than I have had in the past 15 years!

Hi girls,

I have my hypnoband fitted in today...

So am very excited to see how I feel over the week...

Hi girls,

I have my hypnoband fitted in today...

So am very excited to see how I feel over the week...

Ooh how brilliant..Let us know who you feel...

Wishing you all the luck in the world.. I know you can do it xxxxx

Thank you :)

For those who have had the band fitted... How did you feel after?

And how soon did you start to feel the results- as in, portion sizes wise...

Thank you :)

For those who have had the band fitted... How did you feel after?

And how soon did you start to feel the results- as in, portion sizes wise...

I felt calm afterwards.. and as it was late I went straight to bed... I awoke, and had my usual 2 fried egg rolls with lashing of butter and brown sauce.. I ate one, and sat and wondered if I was full, and couldnt notice anything, then I ate the other... Then I felt stuffed..! It wasnt until later that evening when I had my evening meal that I had to push the plate away..

It was a weird feeling, as the hypnotic band asks you to listen to your body, and if you are hungry then eat, when you are full,stop... but it had been so long since I knew what hungry and full felt like that it took a good few days to finally realise what the feelings were.

xx

I felt calm afterwards.. and as it was late I went straight to bed... I awoke, and had my usual 2 fried egg rolls with lashing of butter and brown sauce.. I ate one, and sat and wondered if I was full, and couldnt notice anything, then I ate the other... Then I felt stuffed..! It wasnt until later that evening when I had my evening meal that I had to push the plate away..

It was a weird feeling, as the hypnotic band asks you to listen to your body, and if you are hungry then eat, when you are full,stop... but it had been so long since I knew what hungry and full felt like that it took a good few days to finally realise what the feelings were.

xx

Wow.. You have had amazing losses since to started. I'm very excited.

I'm not sure whether you remember- but my therapist worked through the Thrive book with me- amazing amazing amazing book.. And I feel so much better now :) mentally, never mind physically. Over 8 weeks I've lost 15 lbs so I'm really excited to see how much I lose now that I've had the hypnoband fitted alongside sw.

I'm following slimming world too so that has really educated me in what I should or shouldn't eat.. So I'm eating healthy..

How did it go Roziee? When I had my first one done I was also at SW but from the moment I had the band I didn't follow SW at all. There was no point as the beauty of SW was the free food and that no longer applied. I kept going for about a month then I realised that I was just paying someone to weigh me and I could do that for free at home. But everyone is different so see how you feel about it.

I have my first official WI tomorrow morning. Hoping for at least a 3lb loss, 4lb would be ideal. I will report back in the morning :)

How did it go Roziee? When I had my first one done I was also at SW but from the moment I had the band I didn't follow SW at all. There was no point as the beauty of SW was the free food and that no longer applied. I kept going for about a month then I realised that I was just paying someone to weigh me and I could do that for free at home. But everyone is different so see how you feel about it.

I have my first official WI tomorrow morning. Hoping for at least a 3lb loss, 4lb would be ideal. I will report back in the morning :)

Yeah it went well. I like being in the "hypnotic" state. It's so relaxing. I felt like going to sleep after my session haha

I've noticed I don't eat as much carbs as I used to so I'd still want to follow SW- plus I really enjoy group :) and have met some amazing people.. But I've only had the band fitted today so ill see how I get on..

Hope WI Is kind to you in the morning x

I think it's really after a complete day you will notice the difference mostly, then after a few days you will notice just how fast you become full and just how little food enters your thoughts. I have quite a detached feeling towards food now, I appreciate what it is but I don't look at it with a view to eating it. Unless, of course, I am hungry and looking at what I am going to have for dinner!

I now eat to live...not live to eat!...lol x

Hi all, I listened to the installation trance cd tonight. It was a lot different to what I was expecting. Not actually sure how much of it I heard as I think I drifted off. Away to read the 4 golden rules then try and sleep ready for a new start/new me tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone, you really have inspired me to do this x

Hi all, I listened to the installation trance cd tonight. It was a lot different to what I was expecting. Not actually sure how much of it I heard as I think I drifted off. Away to read the 4 golden rules then try and sleep ready for a new start/new me tomorrow.

Keep up the good work everyone, you really have inspired me to do this x

Good luck to you...Let us all know how you get on,on your first day xxx

Good luck Almec! I went 'out' during the trance CD too :)

Well my total loss is 5lb to date, only 3lb of that is definitely since I listened to the CD. So I will be claiming only the 3lb for this week. Just hope I can match that for next week :D

Good luck Almec! I went 'out' during the trance CD too :)

Well my total loss is 5lb to date, only 3lb of that is definitely since I listened to the CD. So I will be claiming only the 3lb for this week. Just hope I can match that for next week :D

That is just brilliant!...so chuffed for you... Here's to more of the same next week.. X

Back