gastric band hypnotherapy

Pretty much what MissMiff said! I have done it both ways. The good thing about the one to one is that they can get to the root of any issues you may have surrounding food. However, if you don't have any issues with food and simply eat too much I would recommend the PM way first. To be honest, the PM way is so cheap that it's really worth trying first. What I really love about the PM way is that anytime I need to have it 'adjusted' I just have to find half hour, go into my bedroom and chill while the CD plays. In 8 weeks I have listened to the CD 3 times, there is no limit to how often you can listen.

I STS this week. I didn't concentrate on my food and ate way too much so I know why. Need to read the book and listen to the CD again.

It's good to know why when there is no loss. And the great thing about this is that we can always re-read and re-listen as we need to :D

Morning all, how is everyone doing? Well it's Friday so that means WI. I lost 1lb this week which is good as it's a loss but I was hoping for more. I have 6 weeks and 8lb til my first mini-goal so I will need 2 of those weeks to be a 2lb loss. I think it's perfectly do-able, hopefully next week will be one of them!

How is everyone else doing?

Morning taz- you're up early!

I don't eat in between meals anymore! Lol going to Belgium tonight for the weekend... Hope I don't get too tempted by the chocolate!

I always am, I work early shifts! Have a great time in Belgium, I hope it's not too tempting for you

I lost 1.5 lb this week.. So not overly chuffed... But still smiling

Miss there'll come a point where your losses will slow down so I wouldn't worry. As long as you're losing consistently then that's fab. It'll pick up again in a week or two x

​Completely agree, it's your body's way of levelling out. Any loss is good, embrace it!

Thanks Goldie, I'm glad you have found something that works for you. Don't be a stranger to us x

Ive spent all day reading this thread. I'd love to try this new hgb book etc, but having tried Paul mckennas I can make you thin, various hypnosis tracks and a slimpod in the past they didn't work for me at all. I think my brain rebels and I eat more than I did to begin with, actually end up binging. It's annoying as hypnotherapy has worked for me on other things, but just not eating no matter how much I want it.

Maybe i'll see if there is a way of borrowing it from someone first, then if it works in any way ill buy it myself. Can't afford to waste more money.

I'm so pleased its working for you all. I think hypnosis is brilliant, and has changed my life.

keep going, you should all be so proud!

It's not expensive on Amazon. And I'm sure if you found it didn't work for you you could always sell it on! But if you know someone who has it then maybe you could just borrow at first.

The only problem with the hypnosis alone is that it will make your body believe that you can't eat much but if you have issues surrounding food then a generic hypnosis CD or slimpods will not help. A few CBT sessions that concentrate on emotional hunger and bad food relationships first will make any further hypnosis a lot more successful!

You say that hypnosis has worked for you in other areas so I can only assume that this may be the reason why it's not working so well this time

You're totally right, there's definitely an issue there. I've just gone self employed though so there is no money at all to spend now. ( wish I'd read this before buying herbalife tbh but there you go...)

wish this kind of thing was cheaper to address, aren't our brain annoying sometimes!

Hi :)

I started using Paul McKenna's 'I Can Make You Thin' app a week ago today. I was going to try his Hypnotic Gastric Band, but I was using the EasyLoss Virtual Gastric Band app previously and athough I managed to lose a stone with it (I have alot to lose) I found it stopped working once I got to the point of actually having the band fitted - I don't think my poor brain could cope with being told I'd had a band fitted when I knew that really I hadn't!

I'm trying not to weigh myself for another week as I usually tend to get caught in the trap of weighing myself everyday (sometimes even twice a day) and freaking out at every fluctuation! Its going really well at the moment though so I'm hopeful that I'll have a loss to report next week :)

Its great just eating when I'm hungry and not having to feel guilty about what I'm eating :)

​Hi Kie, I would recommend trying Paul McKenna's one. I tried the apps and they really aren't good. Some are ok if you listen to them every night but they aren't a good long term solution at all

Hello fellow hypnotic gastric banders!

Great week this week... I lost a huge 9lb..

So i squished 4 of my goals

1. To lose 100lb (now lost 103lb)
2. To lose 7 stone.. (now lost 7 stone 4)
3.To drop into the next stone.
4. To drop another dress size!

Yipppeeeeeee

Amazing! Well done MissMiff. I wish I could have huge losses like that. What's your secret??

I lost nowt this week but gained nowt either so not too tragic. I'm guessing the lack of loss is because the Witch is due her monthly visit today. If that's the case I should lose something a little more impressive next week. I now have 5 weeks til my birthday and my first goal with 8lb to go so I need at least 3 weeks to be 2lb losses.

Well done on staying the same!!!.. and best of luck for your goal.. I feel positive you can do it Taz!

As for my secret!..Im not entirely sure I have one..lol

Ive been going through my diary updates, and the past 3 weeks my losses havent been fantastic, but they have been losses... The only difference that I can notice is hard boiled eggs!... Stupid I know.. but in those 3 weeks I had at least 1 hard boiled egg every day, yet all the other weeks previous, and this week, I didnt indulge in any..

Now I know a hard boiled egg is only about 90 calories..so I cant work it out.. Maybe eggs react differently to me!... But in saying that, hubby lost 6.5lb this week, and on the 3 egg eating weeks, lost 1lb or less...!

Another reason could be is that I didnt exercise as much.. I normally walk between 2 and 4 miles a day, and Zumba for 30-40 minutes a day, but this week, I only managed a walk of 5 miles on one day, and just 1 mile on the other days... and just 2 days of Zumba... (i am working on the theory/cliche that muscle weighs heavier than fat)...lol

So analyse as much as I will but I really dont know.. I just know that next week I am hoping for more of the same..(even though I know its probably just a fluke)

xxxx

Back