gastric band hypnotherapy

Taz said:
Welcome Nats, have a read back through the thread at the experiences posted x

Hiya I spent last night just doing so lol!! Very mixed reviews I am going to some one local recommended by my gp (his wife has been) I so hope it works, roll on the 1st!! How much have u lost in what time scale?? Xxxx

Hi Ladies,
I have been reading your posts with interest and thought it was about time I joined in. Hope thats ok? I have been seeing a hypnotherapist for 5 weeks now and had my band fitted last week.

So far I have lost 8lbs :) 4lbs the 1st week then 1 each week since. Not a very fast weight loss but im happy with this. As I have found it really easy and dont feel like im on a diet :)

I really feel that my relationship with food has changed. I am now only eatting when Im hungry and my portion sizes had reduced even before the 'band' was fitted. I just hope to carry on the same way as I have been a yoyo dieter for years :(

Looking forward to keeping an eye on how your all getting on.

Hiya I spent last night just doing so lol!! Very mixed reviews I am going to some one local recommended by my gp (his wife has been) I so hope it works, roll on the 1st!! How much have u lost in what time scale?? Xxxx

Welcome Nats & good luck for the 1st. I have mine on the 9th and I cant wait :)

Welcome Tulip54 & keep up the good work

Thanks Mrsbooty and good luck for the 9th.

Well done sukie sue no gain after 3 weeks on a cruise ship is fantastic :)

welcome tulip , its great to hear from someone else whos following this path . i think this is the key ingredient if you will for any one using this method , the dramatic change with youre relationship with food , ive said to mu oh if it took 3 years to get where i need to be then i really will be ok with that as im playing for life this time , no more diets no more upping and downing , just a continuous downward slope , howeverlong that takes .
patience is definately not my thing so this is a massive change in my thinking :0) but , hey if 39 years on this earth and 26 of them dieting has got me into this state then carrying on in this vein is just not going to bring the long term changes im looking for .
definition of madness. doing thge same thing again and again but expecting a different result !!!!
time to make that change :0) xx
good luck ladies , may we all be strong enough to break those dieting bonds xx

welcome tulip , its great to hear from someone else whos following this path . i think this is the key ingredient if you will for any one using this method , the dramatic change with youre relationship with food , ive said to mu oh if it took 3 years to get where i need to be then i really will be ok with that as im playing for life this time , no more diets no more upping and downing , just a continuous downward slope , howeverlong that takes .
patience is definately not my thing so this is a massive change in my thinking :0) but , hey if 39 years on this earth and 26 of them dieting has got me into this state then carrying on in this vein is just not going to bring the long term changes im looking for .
definition of madness. doing thge same thing again and again but expecting a different result !!!!
time to make that change :0) xx
good luck ladies , may we all be strong enough to break those dieting bonds xx

Thats exactly how I feel. If I continue to loose 1lb a week 12 months from now I will be 52lbs lighter :D, and to be honest I would be delighted to have lost even half of that because it would be way more than I have ever managed before, and im usually gaining about 1lb a month :(.

I also dont want to pass on any unhealthy attitudes to body image and dieting to my daughter who is 1. So it feels like this is the right time to not just loose weight but change my attitute to food. Before she becomes old enough to be aware of it.

I don't really care how slow my loss is now. I'm no longer dieting, I don't count calories or watch what I am eating. I eat what I want when I want it and I stop eating when I am full. It makes so much sense it's crazy!

I don't really care how slow my loss is now. I'm no longer dieting, I don't count calories or watch what I am eating. I eat what I want when I want it and I stop eating when I am full. It makes so much sense it's crazy!

I agree Taz. Its like reseting your brain back to a natural way of eatting and unprograming all the years of bad conditioning from diets!

That's exactly what it is. We are, by nature, programmed to eat only when hungry but influences and circumstances alter our relationship with food. It really is just going back to basics. Babies cry to be fed only when they are hungry and stop feeding when they are full and that's how we should continue (without the crying!)

oh i dont know taz i love a good bawl :0) xxlol

That's exactly what it is. We are, by nature, programmed to eat only when hungry but influences and circumstances alter our relationship with food. It really is just going back to basics. Babies cry to be fed only when they are hungry and stop feeding when they are full and that's how we should continue (without the crying!)
so true , just shows how badly damaged we get by diets.
my mum put me on my 1st at 13 , been fighting ever since..... the awefull thing looking back is that i wasnt even particularly big . but i look at my mum at 60 still dieting and convincing herself she doesnt eat anything much whilst depriving herself the rest of the time and i think , oh christ no !!! so ive made the choice to stop and get off the diet train and walk a different way :0)

hi ladies
hows everyone doing ?
got my adjustment session on friday , ive just emailed the lady to ask can i have a copy made of the session for future use.
things are going well . weights coming off slowly but theres no deprivation or struggle involved ;0)
anyway hope youre all well xxx

Good luck for your adjustment session sukie sue, glad the weight is still comming off.

Im still slowly loosing, but its my birthday today so would be happy just to sts this week :)

happy birthday tulip x

Well I had my "band" today very strange feeling!! Since getting home I have drank lots of water I never drink the stuff normally !!! Normally at this time I would be having a glass of wine chilling while kids eat tea which I would pick at so far nibbled some chicken tomato's and had 2 glasses of water.... Really very strange lol!! Xxxx

hi all really inspired by all your comments I have been so tempted to the extent I have booked a consultation for a gastic band at £4895 but now I have been seeing this hypo stuff starting too think diff would love some advice , I am new to this site so I am still getting my way around lol

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Good luck Livi and Nats I hope its going well for you both. I will be keeping an eye on your blog thanks Livi, looking forward to seeing how your getting on :)

Back