gastric band hypnotherapy

Hi Nicky2306 welcome, Ive not been here for long either and have sound this sight really helpful. Hypnoband is working for me :)

Nicky, I would definately recommend you try the hypno first. The success rate for private gastric banding is so much lower than those who have it done on the NHS. This is because it takes 2 years of councelling and psychtherapy before they fit the band which is vital for the success. Most people whose band fails sadly have paid thousands and receive JUST the band and none of the mental therapy so vitally needed.

The hypno process includes an intense version of this via CBT which is why we are all succeeding without a physical band.

It's a lot of money to part with, I think if you extend that budget by a few hundred and get a hypno band first you may find yourself with a 4k budget for a new wardrobe!

Good luck whatever you decide x

I have recently dug out my blender and am having a smoothie every morning. It takes about a minute to make and very filling and packed with vitamins and minerals etc. I would recommend this :D

Hiya nicky
I just wanted to tell you that my hynotherapist told me yesterday that he has over 30 patients on his books that have already had the band but only worked short term and now they having hypno to help them look long term!! Not swaying u either way just thought lots of advice may help let us no what you decide Hun xxxxx

Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm going for my 1st session on 15/9 & I can't wait! I have been reading this thread with great interest. I'm not after a quick fix & I'm more than happy if the weight comes off slowly, I have literally tried every diet possible & all they have done is make me bigger! I have now stopped dieting, I have been reading a couple of CBT books which have helped massively so I'm just looking at the hypnotherapy as another tool I can use to help me (I've given up looking for the miracle cure). I was very lucky & got my gastric band hypno for just £99 on Groupon and for anyone looking to buy Groupon have got a deal on in Leeds today for just £80, I reckon it's worth a try for that price. Anyway good luck to everyone x

Well I'm back from holiday and am pleased to say that not going to the gym and not being good and staying with friends in the South of France I have gained 0lbs lol.
Haven't lost any either but haven't gained lol which is the main thing! Now just got to get the last of Les Enfants off to school on Wednesday and it's nose to grindstone time!
Good news is I now own 2 size 20 dresses. Still a long way to go but I'm getting there!
Most of my wardrobe (not trousers!) seems to be 22 now (I even own 2 Monsoon dresses ~ my dream has been fulfilled!). Weight wise I'm stuck at 3 1/2 st but hopefully getting back on track will soon have it moving again!
So I can buy in Monsoon and I've done a 10k Race for Life, all thanks to Adrian and his hypnoband!
Slow and sure wins the race.
Wishing everyone a fabulous week

Hi am back with another question... I have seen a massive difference in the amount I eat but yesterday I felt I had lot more than previous few days is this just me being over critical or does this happen ?? Xxx

Hi Nats, was the "lot more than on the previous few day" still less than you would normally eat? If it is then I wouldn't worry too much our body's needs fluctuate daily anyway! Not sure how to describe this but in a way try listening to your stomach, when you get that "ooh think I've had enough" feeling then STOP! Doesn't matter how much food is left on the plate ~ you could go on to clear the plate or even just eat a bit more but then you get that "urgghh god why didn't I stop?" feeling. You have to get all yer bits working together ~ use a smaller plate, it makes you think you have a lot more food than you do. Your eyes will be deceived sending a message to your brain saying ooohh full plate!
When you get the message from your stomach, stop! ~ Allow your brain time to catch up with visualising how much you eat now.
Your brain is really doing all the work but you have to help it, if you don't support it you will gain nothing and ALL your bad habits will return.
Unlike a real band a hypnoband can be ignored (if you try hard enough! lol)
It's a remarkable tool that enables us to achieve our goals but it is still down to us how much of a help it is!

Good Luck

Oh thanks hun yes the lot more was still lot less!!! Yeah I am kind of thinking each time I think about food am I actually hungry I am drinking loads of water too I'll weigh on thurs see how my first week go. I will def try the smaller plate though fab idea xxxxx

Hi all

Just a quick note to say have not forgotton you all, just going through a rough time (family wise) which is not helping my weight loss quest :( however I have my hypno band session this friday, so fingers crossed. Need to have something to help me keep up the work am already doing as I have an operation on the 21st and will be off my feet for 2 weeks and off work for for up to 8 weeks.

Welcome to all the newcomers and keep up the good work all :)

Sorry to hear that Mrs Booty, hope it all picks up for you very soon. Nothing worse than family! Can't live without them but sometimes ....you'd like to try lol.
Sending good vibes for your op

I find that if I wait until I am physically hungry before I eat then I KNOW I am not eating too much. Sometimes if I eat when I'm not actually hungry then I feel sick and like I've eaten too much

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my hypnotherapy failed to work....the first 3/4 days were great but after that it just stopped. Good luck to everyone trying it. I'm sure it works for some xx

This is a great thread, and very interesting! Keep posting because you all seem to be getting amazing resuts from this hypnotherapy.

livi said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but my hypnotherapy failed to work....the first 3/4 days were great but after that it just stopped. Good luck to everyone trying it. I'm sure it works for some xx

Oh nooo have u spoken to the place you had it done??? Xxxx

I agree with Nats it might be worth contacting you therapist livi. Maybe they could offer you another session to help you get back on track. The hypnoband program has this as part of the treatment, so that when your weightloss tails off you can book in to have the band 'tightened'.

Back