gastric band hypnotherapy

Oh nooo have u spoken to the place you had it done??? Xxxx

To be honest, I've lost all faith in it and spent a fortune and am not willing or able to part with anymore money on the off chance that this time it'll be different :( It's so demoralising and demotivating that I'd find it mortifying having to go in there again. x

Hi all

Firstly a few welcomes and congrats then I will let you know how my Hypno session went today.

Nick2306 – Hi Nicky and welcome to the group. I have a close friend who like yourself was going for the real op. I am still trying to convince her to try the Hypno band first has many pro’s: cost, no invasive surgery and all that goes with it but I think she is so desperate that the real op is the only option. I hope that my results will change her mind. I hope that try this option and that it is a success. Look forward to following your journey.

Belated Happy Birthday Tulip

Taz your posts are so full of useful information, do you by any chance work in the Health industry, you are so knowledgeable and your words are an inspiration J I too started doing the homemade smoothie but stopped. I think it was laziness that made me stop and possible the fact that I poss got bored with the mix. Any recommendations on recipes? Also I get confused, do you use fromage frais, natural yoghurt or milk? I even tried adding granola at one stage for that slow release of energy, was a bit chewy lol :)

Sweetpea – welcome to the thread and all the best for your session on the 15th :)

Nats – Welcome and congrats on your weight loss

Livi – sorry to hear about your experience – I agree with everyone, get in touch with the practitioner.

Sorry to hear that Mrs Booty, hope it all picks up for you very soon. Nothing worse than family! Can't live without them but sometimes ....you'd like to try lol. Sending good vibes for your op

Thanks Kate, The funny thing is after today’s session I came out feeling a lot more positive about everything, the things I was fighting I have decided not to fight and I’m gonna take one day at a time and not stress so much.

I must say CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! And also thank you for your posts on your experience with Adrian, if it was not for them I would not have been able to choose him out of thousands others.

My session today:
Only myself and another in the group. I do not remember much about the 1st hypno session as I think I was “well under”. The 2nd was much more intense, looking at where you would be in a year and then a further 5 years if continuing on this path. This bit made me very very emotional, but that was turned around when we looked at 1 & 5 years on going down the healthier path.

The actual operation was weird. When he mentioned that the anaesthetist was about to give the anaesthetic I actual got as anxious as I do when I am actually having the really thing. My heart raced, I could feel my hand clenching and my nails digging in my palm and then a weird wave of calm. As the band was being put in place and tightened I felt the tightening and sence of pressure about 2 inches above my belly button. Also a feeling that I can only describe as really bad acid reflux high up.

When I left I kind of felt sick these could have been the normally feeling I have following anaesthetic or because I was hungry as I had not had anything all day or a combination of both. I bought a baguette but only ate half (I normally eat the whole thing) and I felt satisfied. I had a bottle of water which I drank on my journey home. I came in, sat for about 15 mins whilst I told my hubby about the experience and then I went off to the gym, something I have not done all week. Back at 5pm and had the other half of my baguette J

It is now 8.30pm and I am only just feeling hungry. I don’t even fancy a full dinner I just fancy something light. The top of my stomach feels tender (internally) like I have done a 100 sit ups!!

I have my CD’s which I will put on my iphone and listen to tonight. I am also thinking of starting a blog of my journey, but may do that tomorrow as I am exhausted. I have done my shopping online and it is completely different from normal, I am going to attempt to try things like porridge – something I really do not like.

For me the fact with dieting is it is all conscious efforts ie counting calories, watching fat/sugar intake etc and having to constantly think about it all makes it so much harder. I am hoping that with the hypnotherapy /hypno band I will be watching what/how much I eat more sub consciously and also listening to my body more “stopping when full”, therefore making it easier to lose the weight. Wish me luck J

Hi all

Taz your posts are so full of useful information, do you by any chance work in the Health industry, you are so knowledgeable and your words are an inspiration J I too started doing the homemade smoothie but stopped. I think it was laziness that made me stop and possible the fact that I poss got bored with the mix. Any recommendations on recipes? Also I get confused, do you use fromage frais, natural yoghurt or milk? I even tried adding granola at one stage for that slow release of energy, was a bit chewy lol :)
Thank you for your very kind words. No I'm not in the health industry, I work on trains!

Smoothies: I have experimented with various different fruits and combos but my favourite at the moment is strawberry, blueberry and banana. I have also added the Onken rhubarb and vanilla yogurt to this and it's gorgeous. Usually I use the activia pouring yogurt, either strawberry or vanilla. It's thinner so it makes the smoothie thinner too. Play about with it and find a recipe you like. I got some cheap smoothie recipe books for my kindle but haven't really looked at them properly yet.

I can definately recomment the Hinari Genie for smoothie making, it's so easy to use

Well eaten rubbish today but feel pants bloated and sicky full not had loads but just not healthy!! I can't stomach to drink anything but water and occasional cup of tea very unlike me!! As norm love smoothies!! Xxx

Hi can I join your thread? I have bean really inspired by all your comments on Hypo Bands that I've booked to go to a group session with Adrian Matthams in Bath next week. I have been looking to do this for quite a while but have put it off as I wondered whether it was a waste of money. I really do hope it works. I am new to this site so I am just finding my my way around.

Hypno Band

Hi Goldi71

I'm new to this website so hope I'm doing this right. I'm also going to see Adrian on Saturday so perhaps we can share the experience and lose weight together. I've read the whole thread and have been inspired to go for the Hypno Band. So really hopes it works.

Hi all, just a quick question as my appointment is getting very close now. Was anybody asked to do a food diary before their appointment to take in with them? Also, this may be a silly question, are you ok to drive straight after the hypnosis? My doctor actually asked me if I had someone to drive me home?? I would have thought they would mention this when making the appointment if it was necessary. Cheers

*sweetpea* said:
Hi all, just a quick question as my appointment is getting very close now. Was anybody asked to do a food diary before their appointment to take in with them? Also, this may be a silly question, are you ok to drive straight after the hypnosis? My doctor actually asked me if I had someone to drive me home?? I would have thought they would mention this when making the appointment if it was necessary. Cheers

Hi I drove after my appt and I didn't do a food diary I felt really relaxed after my appt xxx

hia
i was asked to keep a basic food and mood diary just to give an idea of when i eat ect and why x

things are going well for me , weights coming off bit by bit still . just really enjoying the ride and loving the sense of relaxation around food.
feeling great and am really relaxed about the weight loss , if it takes 3 years to get right down then so be it , this time im playing for life :0)

welcome to the newbies , this isnt a magic wand but its an amazing tool to help you on a path to a great new way of life xx

sukie sue said:
hia
i was asked to keep a basic food and mood diary just to give an idea of when i eat ect and why x

things are going well for me , weights coming off bit by bit still . just really enjoying the ride and loving the sense of relaxation around food.
feeling great and am really relaxed about the weight loss , if it takes 3 years to get right down then so be it , this time im playing for life :0)

welcome to the newbies , this isnt a magic wand but its an amazing tool to help you on a path to a great new way of life xx

I am going back on Friday for my second appt I think the band needs tightening I have got hungry last 2 says and not drinking as much water! Did this happen to u or anyone else?? Xxxx

The key is to eat little and often if possible. It's good to be hungry, it means you are only eating when you need to. As for the water, that is under your control. If you feel that you should be drinking more then drink more x

Taz said:
The key is to eat little and often if possible. It's good to be hungry, it means you are only eating when you need to. As for the water, that is under your control. If you feel that you should be drinking more then drink more x

Thank u think I keep panicking cause I am not dieting and spent years doing it If that makes sense!!!! Xxxxx

nats 1
that makes TOTAL sense , its so surreal not to be watching and fretting about every little thing i eat .
try hard to listen to youre body , that quiet little voice telling you whats needed at that particular time . like taz sais if you think you need more water then go for it , trust yourself , listen to youre genuine needs , and most importantly , let yourself experience hunger ,its a natural state that tells us its time to eat xxx
give it a chance and be kind to yourself hun , ive lost 13lb in 2 months , masses ? , no ! but its a constant down and ive spent a month away here and there so im mighty pleased as i dont feel remotely deprived , and i get to live and enjoy my life to the max ;0)
goodluck hunni xxx

sukie sue said:
nats 1
that makes TOTAL sense , its so surreal not to be watching and fretting about every little thing i eat .
try hard to listen to youre body , that quiet little voice telling you whats needed at that particular time . like taz sais if you think you need more water then go for it , trust yourself , listen to youre genuine needs , and most importantly , let yourself experience hunger ,its a natural state that tells us its time to eat xxx
give it a chance and be kind to yourself hun , ive lost 13lb in 2 months , masses ? , no ! but its a constant down and ive spent a month away here and there so im mighty pleased as i dont feel remotely deprived , and i get to live and enjoy my life to the max ;0)
goodluck hunni xxx

Oh feel much better hun going back at 10:30 tomorrow morning so see what happends think I have lost about 7 lb in 2 weeks. Thanks for all your help and advice it us most def a surreal feeling but hoping it's 1 I get used to! Xxxxxx

Well done Nats1 9lbs is a good weight loss. Taz I love your advice and I'm trying to follow it. I'm getting really nervous and excited as I've got my appointment tomorrow to have my band fitted, fingers crossed it works. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hi ladies, do you mind if I join you?

I am booked in for a consultation with a man in Watford for my band. Am so excited and really believe in my mind already that I am due to have an operation.. sounds really bizarre. But I 100% believe that this will work and am so excited.

Already since speaking to him on the phone and reading all 21 pages on here! I feel I am starting to become more aware of what I am eating and how much I am eating.

Back