gastric band hypnotherapy

Likewise goldie71 and really looking forward to getting slim and staying slim. Did you feel any different last night? I only managed half my tea and then I felt a bit sick, so I left it. It was a smaller portion I'd dished myself at the start, so it was really weird that I left half of it. Had a great night sleep, not sure if it was because I'd got up early or because Adrian told us we would.
Welcome Clairebear789b, I had my Hypno band fitted yesterday and not sure how it will work. Good luck in having your band.

How's everyone doing? I am loving my new way we had take away and managed only half if what would normally eat and dont think I'll be having another for a while.. Planning some healthy meals as feel really rubbish after the take out! Still drinking loads if water and no fizzy pop! Xxx

Goldie, I've had a strange couple of days, I've had to make myself eat (unheard of for me, usually I've got to make myself stop eating) as feel a bit sick so only had small portions. Yesterday had the smallest roast dinner I've ever had, just some veg and a couple of pieces of meat and in the evening I ate a little cube of cheese (normally I would eat at least 100grams). Today I've only had a scrambled egg for breakfast, 2 slices of roast pork and some salad leaves (no dressing) for lunch, I'm on my FOURTH litre of water, switched to decaf coffee so had 1 cup no milk or sugar (I really enjoyed it as I love coffee, any coffee and couldn't taste the difference from normal coffee), and I think I will have some strawberries for my tea as not hungry at all. I haven't had a quarter of what I usually eat. Brilliant and long may it last.
Haven't listened to Adrian CD yet as when I tried to load it on my ipod the silly thing wasn't working so I've got to get myself a new one.
I weigh on a Monday so weighed this morning and lost another 3lbs, thats 12lbs since 5th of September (that's when I restarted my diet) so really happy with that.
Hope you've had a good day at Uni. What are you studying?
Clairebear, I totally agree with goldie71, Adrian is a nice man and yes he is handsome. Good luck for tomorrow.

well done everyone , it sounds like you are all going great guns . ive just started running again today , felt sooo good :0) off to a moky class tomorrow (zumba) so hoping to kick the weight loss up a gear , although this slow steady loss is just fine right now if thats the way it needs to be for a permanent change :0)

Ladies,

I've been watching and reading this topic for a few months now. Intrigued by all your stories. Researched the hypnosis band and researched many therapists that offer the service.

I managed to find someone in Kent that uses this technique and they offer many others service too. From our 1st free consultation he made me feel at ease, because anything like this scared me. But not more than the fear of real surgery. He explained that he would also teach me tools to use while at home if I ever have cravings. So he didn't just offer the banding technique. This really appalled to me.

So i finally saved the funds and booked my appointment beginning of the month. 1st session explaining health & safety issues. form filling. Signed a contract that i'm willing to commit 100% to the change in myself. Did this, then he asked "does that ring true for you" I replied to be honest I've tried everything else and I suspect I'm only 75%. He then went onto explaining about 'beliefs" a very knowledgeable man that knows his stuff regarding the mind/body connection.

Very 1st appointment he taught me fasterEFT technique to use at home. the extra tool. My weakness is chocolate. He proceeded to bring a bar out of his drawer and asked me to rate my desire for the bar out of 10. I said 8. He challenged me to make it a 10. Which i could do easily. We did this strange tapping on the body. It's hard to explain, but in a matter of minutes i was pushing the bar away. How cool is that.

To cut along story short, i had the procedure done and have lost 8lbs in just over one week. I've even started to exercise and drink water. I still use the tapping technique for the 'craving buster' i call it.

I would recommend him to anyone in the Kent/London area.

Lucy.

Sorry, I've just re-read my post. Sorry if there's gentleman on the forum too. It should say in the beginning. Ladies & gentlemen...lol.

Hi ladies

Thought I'd update you all. Other than my username change from mrsbooty, the major changes since seeing Adrian on the 9th sept is that ive started drinking do much water, not managing to eat full meals & eating porridge daily! I lost 3lbs in 9 days.

I have my operation on my foot tomorrow morning so will be non weightbearing for 2wks, so the big test will be if I can keep loosing during this time of immobility. After 2 wks I can start walking on my heel but I can imagine that will be awkward

Hope you are all continuing the good work

Debs

Hi Deb's,

That's the same as me. I drink loads of water. Which is great for flushing out toxins in the body. I used to drink coke like water, but the person i saw turned that around.

great isn't it?

Lucy

Hi ladies

Sorry, it wasn't Adrian I saw today - it was another man in Watford.

Not quite sure how I felt today after seeing him...

Ok - he is vastly experienced and can tell he really believes passionately in what he does, and I believe he would give me so much help. He is the type that could spend hours on you and not look at a clock.

Only problem I found...its from his house (thats fine)..but the "studio" is really (can't think of the right words)..spiritual maybe...very dark red, candles, joss sticks, lots of quirky spiritual items.

I was expecting it to be very white, clinical almost.

And the main problem is the smell of the joss sticks and the ambience...do you understand what I mean?

Should that be a reason to put me off?

What was it like where you went?

Also a question for the group sessions with Adrian - do you all get hypnotised at the same time and have the op etc all together - or 1 at a time?

Hello Claire,

Maybe mention to the gentleman that you don't like the smell of the sticks. I'm sure he will understand. The person i went to see, his place is very neutral. lovely big chair and sofa's. He did play the sounds of Operating Theatre which i remember hearing clearly. You know the beep, beep, beep effect.

No strange smells or candles. Maybe you gentleman is just very spiritual.

Lucy..x

Hi all

Yeah lucy it's great drinking so much more water & actually enjoying it. I used to only be able to drink water if I had squash in it but not anymore. I'm even drinking herbal tea instead of coffee. Who was it you saw?

Taz- in invested in a smoothie maker & a few recipe books and have loved making smoothies for breakfast. Gonna miss it for the next few weeks when I can't get to the kitchen. Won't risk letting my hubby make them :)

Well done back at you Goldie :)

Claire, with Adrian mine was a group session (2 of us) and was held in a small conference room at a hotel. We were both hypnotised at the same time. Only two things I found uncomfortable/distracting were the seats, very upright (a little recline would have been better) and very big windows = a lot of light. I also had the sounds of the theatre, beeping machines etc which really added to the effect

Night all. Early start tomorrow

Debs c

Last edited:
That's a good idea the smoother suggestion. Are we allowed to mention the people we see. I don't want to break any rules. He's been around for a while, that doesn't sound nice does it...lol. You know what i mean?

Deb's. I know what you mean by being comfortable! Nothing wrong with a soft pillow under our bums while we're trancing...lol

He's got a lovely simply website, explaining what he does. I don't mind giving the name if it's alright. I will wait for one of the MOD's to say thats O.K. I belong to another forum and we're not allowed to mention names.

Lucy...x

I think it's ok here as there are forums on this site for every named diet known to man! I think it's good to name names if someone asks! I saw Adrian but didn't mention names until asked!
God don't talk to me about water I drink about 3 litres a day now thanks to Adrian.
Good luck to everybody who's recently ad it done.

Hi Kate,

I did think that. Don't you notice a change in your skin drinking all that water. I used to have pimples over my face. Looked like an old dotted dart board...lol. My complex is a lot smoother.

The gentleman i saw is called Carl Dourish in Kent. I think he's in the process of starting clinical studies. A bit like Shelia Granger in Yorkshire. I know my stuff. Researched this stuff. She's looks great. She's started provisional arrangements for a pilot study to be carried out this October in the UK, together with the Humberside Obesity, Nutrition, Education and Innovation Centre. The partners of this organisation include The University of Hull, Hull and York Medical School and several members of the pharmaceutical industry.

So that's an interesting fact. at least the N.H.S. Is looking into the benefits of this. Cheaper to offer hypnosis band before full medical gastric procedure.

I think Carl said he trained with Shelia, don't quota me on that. But I'm more than happy with my sessions. My second way in tomorrow. Will let you know.

His site is Home - gastric-hypnosis He must be OK because he mentioned to me he has a 2 month waiting list.

Lucy...xx

hi all ,
im loving all this positive feedback , really seems to be something in all this .
glodie im so glad that youre experience with adrian has been a positive one following your last disaster x
ive now lost a stone amongst all the breaks and trips away ive had so im delighted with that in the 2 months since my initial consultation.so hopefully ill continue plodding onlike this as i feel great:D:D:D

I'm so excited had to come here and tell my great news. All i've eaten today is salad. My husband came home from worked and asked the usual man question "what's for dinner" Salad i replied as a laugh. But he said OK that makes a nice change.

I couldn't even eat half my salad and we had all extras out... You know dips and all lovely things. Nope, not really interested.

My weight day is tomorrow, but I'm so busy at work. I decided to cheat and weigh myself tonight. Remember my stomachs full on salad...lol.

I've lost another 6lbs in 1 week. So in total i've lost 14lbs or 1 stone in just under 2 weeks.

It's really important to exercise and have someone to motivate you. This is amazing. I truly didn't expect these kinds of results. It is clear to me know. Change how i feel about food, will change how i look.

Lucy...x

Well had my mini midweek weigh and not lost anything from Sunday totally gutted as I no I have eaten lot less and drank lots water hopefully by Sunday it will come off :'-(

Debs, glad you are loving the smoothies!

Lisa, go easy on the water! Too much can be lethal, especially when you are eating so much less. Too much water will strip the sodium from your body and can plunge it to dangerous levels :( 3 litres is way more than your body needs in a day.

Back