gastric band hypnotherapy

It's that Friday feeling... Sitting here at work and the ladies are preparing for our usual Friday routine. McDonalds. Just the thought of it is making me feel sick and I used to love a Big Mac and coke. Instead I'm going to sandwich shops and purchase a small pasta dish. Colleagues are very encouraging.

Lucy...x

Hi Ladies,

I thought I would let you know how my week has been going since seeing Adrian on Saturday and having my Hypno band fitted. Well I went out with my friends to Weatherspoon for lunch on Tuesday and I had soup and a baguette, but believe or not I actually left the BAGUETTE (bread is my worst downfall), I never leave bread never mind not eat any at all in fact my friends asked me if I was feeling ill, I just said I wasn't very hungry as I've not told anybody about my band.
Thursday I was out again and ordered ham, eggs and salad instead of chips and "oh my god" I only ate the salad (no dressing), one piece of ham and one egg. I left all the rest of the food on the plate!! No dessert, nothing just a soda water. In the evenings all I've eaten is very small meals and not felt any inclination to snack. I really feel that food is not that important any more. Long may it continue.
I've even been out every day for a walk and yesterday I actually walked 4 miles (that's a long way for me).

Taz I didn't realise that drinking too much water was bad for you, I drink quite a lot of it as I don't like anything else apart from coffee and maybe a cup of tea now and then. I've switched to decaf coffee but I'm trying to limit myself to one or two cups a day.

Well done lucycat on losing 1 stone in less than 2 weeks. Keep up the good work.

Wow you're all doing fantastically :)

I am going back to my guy in Watford on Tuesday for my first session.

Yes it can be. It's more how fast you drink it that the actual quantity. The general rule with fluids is not to take in more than you put out. Your kidneys can only excrete 1l of fluids per hour and that includes ALL drinks and water from food. Here are some examples a little close to home:
In 2008, Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-old British woman, died after drinking four liters of water in under two hours as part of her LighterLife diet plan

British actor Anthony Andrews survived a case of water intoxication in 2003. He was performing as Henry Higgins in a revival of the musical My Fair Lady at the time, and consumed up to eight litres of water a day. He was unconscious and in intensive care for three days.

well done ladies xxx

Hello everyone, another newbie on the block. Actually, I found this forum and thread as I was researching the Hypno band and CBT sessions after hearing from a couple of people who are doing well on it. This thread came up on Google search after a few pages by probably ‘sponsored’ results.

Really lovely to hear unbiased and at times quite painfully honest accounts of your experiences. I bought a Groupon voucher for a London clinic offering 3 sessions that would nroammly cost well over £400. I was actually happy to pay full price and had already fired off an email to try and book at another place but heard nothing back yet. I am rather pleased that I came across the deal yesterday and went for it. I have spent considerably more on other programs, such as pre-cooked meals. The problem was that they did not actually address the emotional aspect of over eating and lack of control. It’s such a roller coaster you probably all are familiar with starting off on a real high with almost evangelic zeal with yet another ‘breakthrough’ diet and then after a while when that first glow wears off and something happens or goes wrong, or even just boredom sets in you fall off the wagon. Then it is a weight wise upward spiral off scoffing your face, then self loathing at your lack of self control and then comfort eating as it all is ‘lost anyway...’. It is frustrating that the logical part of me knows what to do but is still powerless to manage will power and long term counter that cycle of loosing loads and putting it back again.

Well, reading your accounts so far was really uplifting and inspiring! We probably all have similar yet different individual triggers. Both my parents were refugees and starved as children, and other older relatives from my grandparents’ generation literally died from hunger. Hence food has a huge role and impact among a very foodie family who equate cooking and nourishing you with displaying their love. My father was a superb cook and lavished exquisite meals on us all. I had kept my weight under control for most off my young adult life and blew up in a long abusive relationship. When I finally managed to break free I nearly lost all my excess weight and just short of reaching my target weight. The death of my beloved father about 5 years ago meant I was trying to fill a huge emotional emptiness and ate to mask the grief. Lately, I have really come out of the other side of that dark hole and feel much lighter and happier again. That is why I want to invest in myself and make a real go off it by taking a different approach and stop the cycle of dieting.

Ooops sorry for the novel, I read this entire thread and felt myself nodding and agreeing with so much of it. Thank you for such an inspiring read and loads and loads of good wishes that you continue to do so well. It inspired me to start a food diary and apply some of the CBT practices I have come across in preparation before I start my actual sessions.

Hi DIY,

I saw a lovely gentleman who trained with Sheila Granger. She's the only person doing clinical trials with and for the N.H.S. He's also collecting data. Looking at the other techniques out there. Which I researched for a very long time, trust me. Sheila is the only person in the U.K. that provides actual training to qualified hypnotherapist. Some of the others, all the therapist has to do is send a cheque off and they get a licence to use a title. I know where I would rather go!

I would rather go to the expert in their field. Tested fully in the media. actual trains others and pushing this technique towards being available on the N.H.S. Also, all the therapists she's trained involved in collecting data for the N.H.S. trial.

Good luck with you hypnotic band.

Lucy....x

Thank you x

Hahahaha my BMI varied widely as few minutes ago as I was trying to fine tune my actual height and weight. I am a metric girl so those inches etc are confusing me on here. Just one question, are we talking English pounds here as in 2.2 lbs per kilo or pounds as in 500 gram?

The place where I purchased the Groupon voucher for really received a lot of good feedback hence I am hoping it will be a good experience. I do think it isn’t going to be a magical quick fix solution and am trying to embrace it as a new tool to embark on a different path overall and a way to actually seriously change how I feel about food overall and trying to flip an internal switch of not seeing food, especially high sugar, high calorie processed stuff as a reward. I am hoping it might help me to find new ways to reward myself with a massage or any other non food treat. This hypno band and CBT sessions are only part of a wider fresh start. I have enrolled to go back to college part time and made other changes to embark on to a new quite exciting chapter. I have begun to hop up and down on a great rebounder to upbeat music and actually having fun exercising. Initially, I could barely manage 5 minutes but gradually upped the time and now jump around 45 minutes almost in one continuous go. I set an egg time for 5 minutes at a time to not make it feel so long, take a quick sip off water and then set the next 5 minutes. I lost about 35 pounds mainly by exercising and eating fairly healthy rather than consciously dieting since May. I am hoping the hypnotherapy will help me continue on that road rather than being the sole answer.

That's fantastic DIY,

I had to sign a 'contract to change' this to me made me think I need to give this 100% The band is just a tool. The best part for me was being told that diets don't really work!

Carl explained that diets are designed to keep you focusing in on food. Keep counting calories, counting your points or colours. He also went on to explain that people lose weight on diets, but as soon as the diet stops the weight returns.

Diet's are designed to make you feel deprived and denial. They are designed to program the mind to think about food all the time.

What Carl teaches is to become conscious of eating. Only allowed to eat 3 meals a day. Consciously think about chewing the food. Do not eat in front of the T.V. Just focus purely on the food in front of me and to stop eating as soon as i feel comfortable.

To drink plenty of fluid and most importantly start to exercise. Only 30 minutes a day. This is all after you've had the hypnosis band on the 1st session.

You can see why they have 95% success. You believe you have a smaller stomach. eat smaller meals three times a day and exercise. Not rocket science really is it. Least I can get on with my day. No need to worry about food all the time.

You will love it.

Lucy...x

Well done all.

Welcome diy, a lot of what you wrote is very true for me too as my family were immigrants and were very poor and short of food in their Country.To them giving food is love. I'm trying to break the cycle as I find myself trying to feed my family and anybody else that comes to my house.

First week after Hypno Band fitted and 8lbs gone. I feel really great and not bothered about food at all. Thank you Adrian.
I restarted my diet (again) on 5th of September and so far have lost 20lbs.

Week 1 - 9lbs
Week 2 - 3lbs
Week 3 - 8lbs.

help!

I am looking to have a Hypno band fitted by Adrian in chelmsford on the 15th October. It is a huge amount of money to me. Is it really important to have the cd's and has anyone been back to see him and get the band adjusted?
I really want this to work as I don't want to have a real gastric band or bypass.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie

Thanks for responding so quickly. If I am going to spend that sort of money I want to know that it had worked. I am not going to tell my husband that I am going as he sabotages all my diets. Not sure how I am going to explain my disappearance for the day but I'll think of something. I have found therapists locally to me but they want 300 without cds and additional costs for more meetings.
Really want this to work as my Gp and consultant want me to have a bypass but as one of my sons is severely autistic I can't really be out of action for a couple of weeks. Plus I am concerned about the mortality rate. I have various medical conditions and seem to be adding new ones all the time. Without me being alive my husband wouldn't be able to manage him and he would end up in a home. So I really need it to work.
Sounds all a bit desperate.

I have various medical conditions and seem to be adding new ones all the time. Without me being alive my husband wouldn't be able to manage him and he would end up in a home. So I really need it to work.
Sounds all a bit desperate.

Sounds like you have a lot of stuff to cope with there, so just popping by to wish you a great big huge ...

Good Luck!!!

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

And if you're not able to get support at home, this place is blooming great, I only joined recently and it's been really helpful!! :)

Debbie, I totally agree with all Goldie says, I went on the same day as her to get my GHB and it's changed the whole way I look and feel about food. I never told nobody where I was going, I just said I was going to listen to some talks about health!! I know it's a lot of money but I think seeing Adrian and listening to him really gives you confidence that you can achieve your goals and knowing you can contact him anytime for help. Go for it.

Thanks Goldie, I was over the moon with my weight loss. Wonder how the others in our group are getting on. I can't believe how I'm not interested in food at all. So far it's like a miracle.Lol!!

Thanks Lucy, so far all going well.

Week 1 - 9lbs
Week 2 - 3lbs
Week 3 - 8lbs.

Debbie,

That's wonderful news you going for virtual hypnosis band. I don't know your location. But check Carl out at Home - gastric-hypnosis They the only trained people in the U.K. starting clinical trials for the N.H.S. Also in the rest of the World I think.

Just go for it!!!

Lucy...x

just had my final session with Carl. Can't believe how quick a month goes. I've lost a total of 1st 5lbs. That is totally amazing. I've changed my whole eating habits.

I now have a good breakfast. Carl explained that our body requires that kick start first thing in the morning. I now know why we call it breakfast. They are actual two seperate words. It means breaking fast. Then I have a small lunch and a very light dinner. That way my body doesn't have to sit their in the evening digesting a heavy meal. Makes complete sense really.

I only eat three meals a day. Whatever I want. Consciously be aware of chewing my food. Don't sit watching T.V. while i eat. Exercise for 30 minutes a day and remember to drink water.

I'm so impressed with the results. I would recommend this system. I still use the C.D. to listen to.

Oh, I so excited I could scream...Just do it!

Lucy...xx

How is everyone this week??had rubbish week in general and would of always turned to my comfort of food and wine lol but I haven't it's Been strange but a fantastic feeling! Xx

Back