gastric band hypnotherapy

Taz said:
It's a fantastic feeling isn't it?!

Yes it's brill I am amazed lol even had 2 slices pizza and few vodka diet cokes and just feel normal no stressing lol so worth every penny lol!!
Taz how long is it since u had yours "done"?? Xxx

27th April I had mine.

I am currently in the process of trying to kick a habit I am in. I work on trains and I am trying to get out of the habit of eating while I am working and trying to eat only when I am on a break and off the train. So far 3 days and its going well :D I am drinking more as I am making sure I have plenty of fluids to counteract any 'fake' hunger. I think once I've cracked this habit it will be easy. On the down side though, my scales seem to be broke at the moment :( I can get on them 10 times in a row and get different readings each time and the variation is about 5lb so I will have to buy some new ones I think :(

I have had rubbishy week even though not eaten much I eaten wrong stuff and not drank enough water!! Oh u have been going long time do u still feel as confident in the hypno ? I feel like I need kick up bum this week as my eating been shocking but I would normally be very down about it but now just feel like I no what has to be done!!
Well done on sticking to your new plan must be hard when your do used to doing something ! Xxx

I have had a few wobbly moments when my head is screaming "OMG it's stopped working!" but it's usually before mother nature visits and I am holding a few extra lbs and a whole lotta hormones! Then she visits, the weight goes down and I feel much more in control again. I got wise to that one and that's another thing I am working on getting under control.

I think there is a whole lot of learning to do for months after but it's more about self discovery. For ages I still shopped like the 'me before' and I would buy snacks in town but didn't really want them so days later they would still be in my bag and I would have to leave them somewhere Mr Taz would find and eat them! It took a while to stop shopping like before but I have that sorted now. It's all the little things that add up when you identify what those habits are it's much easier to tackle them one at a time. And it feels great when you break them!

Underneath it all, all the wobbles, the 'sticky lbs', remaining bad habits, I'm still loving it! When I have doubts I look back at the 'me before' and how I ate and my attitude and relationship to food and I can SEE the difference. Food doesn't control me now, it doesn't rule my days. The only time it's ever an issue is when I get hungry. And I don't mean "ooh I'm a little peckish, I will have a 3 course dinner with extra deserts!" I mean I get proper hunger now and when I get that I HAVE to eat something. But I like that hunger, it means I've eaten for a reason.

Sorry for the waffle! Yes, I still love it :D

I think u have hit the nail on the head it's a whole lot of learning!! I have maintained this week but eaten out 3 times and drank alcohol so normally I would of put 2-3 lb on it's just a learning curve!! Wow April I so hope I can carry on with my new way I get scared it will stop working which I no is daft lol!! Xxx

I worried about it 'stopping working' but I don't think it does, I think we have been given an amazing tool which acts as a springboard to make all the necessary changes to continue on a healthy way of life. I think if we make the changes we will succeed and if we don't we won't.

Taz, that's a wonderful comment. 'springboard' that is so true. It requires commitment to change. I've started a whole new belief around food.

Lucy....xx

Taz, You are so right we have been given a tool and we must use it wisely and we will succeed. I find since seeing Adrian I have lost interest in food, it's really strange. Now when I make a cup of coffee I don't reach for the biscuits automatically like I used to, I think about it and if I really want one I will have one and only one, not like before when I would sit there and have half packet. The same at meal times if I feel full up I leave the rest of the food on the plate not eat it all like I used to, I always felt it was a shame to waste food not anymore. I really feel that this time I can do it.
Goldie well done in losing 11lbs so far. I've stayed the same this week, not sure why, the only thing I've done differently is missed some meals as been busy and not feeling hungry (can you believe that). Off on holidays for a few weeks but not at all worried that I will eat too much as I can hear Adrian in my head telling me what to do (I shall be taking my ipod with me). I hope to be quite a few lbs lighter when I get back in November.

Week 1 - 9lbs
Week 2 - 3lbs
Week 3 - 8lbs
Week 4 - STS

Just wanted to say a Thank you for all the experiences about the gastric hypno-band. It's great to read from the point of view of a hypo therapist. I came across your site after looking at support networks to add to my pack for some of my clients who could do with a little inspiration with their weight loss when they do not have a large or understanding support network and found this site. Even reading those who did not have success with the hypo gastric band I can see why this came about. I offer it because I know completely that it has fantastic results -

The success of the gastric band comes down to knowing completely that it will work for you - if you doubt it just a little thats when it fails.

Will look forward to continuing to read all your successes with it.

P.

Hi Relaxm, it's great to have a different view here! Please recommend this forum to clients as it really is a great support network.

Hi sorry not been about my 3 yr old little girl got rushed to hospital with suspected meningitis she is now home and being treated with massive strength of antibiotic through drip but thank god no lasting damage! Anyway even through all that food hasn't been my crutch which it would most def would if been before!
Xxx

Nat's, sorry to hear about your little girl, hope she will be back to her usual self soon. Isn't it great that you didn't resort to food as you would have done before. Well done.

Hope you LO is feeling better Nats.

Sorry its been ages since I posted. Still chipping away loosing an average of 1lb a week. I have the odd week when I wonder if its still working and then the scales budge again :) Trying to just listen to my body and give it what it needs. I think sometimes during the month you just need more food than others. Every time I have a wobble Im proved wrong by a loss the next week.

Keep posting guys I love reading how your getting on.

Sorry about your little girl Nats. Great that you didn't turn to the food thru it all though!

Hi gang well hospital for last time she is recovering well and no lasting damage !!! Hopefully will get my "band " back in the front of mind not thought about it but don't feel like I over eaten either! Just had more important things going on lol!! Xxxx

Hi all, 2 days ago I had my 2nd session to have the band fitted and so far so good!!! I've had small bowl of muesli for breakfast, a very light lunch and dinner, half the size of my normal portions in fact!!! Amazing. I'm feeling fuller quicker and feeling in control!! And I've stopped drinking lager by swapping it for spirits, less calories! Good luck to everyone who has had the hypo!! Keep up the good work, it's great hearing the good results! My sessions are with Julia crocker in Bristol x

How's everyone this very wet windy weekend? Depressing this weather is.. My new aim this next week is to try get some exercise feel lazy at the min! Xx.

Hi all

I'm scheduled to have my virtual band fitted on Saturday. I've opted for the whole procedure in 1 day so will be there 6-7 hours. I booked it a few weeks ago and although my therapist could of done it sooner I opted to delay it as I had a few social events to get out of the way plus I wanted to really prepare for it at home by clearing out the freezer and thinking about what I'm going to eat for the first few weeks.

Ive read lots of different peoples experiences post band fitting and wondered what dietary advice you were all given with what to eat not to eat etc?

Getting quite nervous but also looking forward to getting started now.

Thanks Lisa

**lisaz** said:
Hi all

I'm scheduled to have my virtual band fitted on Saturday. I've opted for the whole procedure in 1 day so will be there 6-7 hours. I booked it a few weeks ago and although my therapist could of done it sooner I opted to delay it as I had a few social events to get out of the way plus I wanted to really prepare for it at home by clearing out the freezer and thinking about what I'm going to eat for the first few weeks.

Ive read lots of different peoples experiences post band fitting and wondered what dietary advice you were all given with what to eat not to eat etc?

Getting quite nervous but also looking forward to getting started now.

Thanks Lisa

Hiya.. My advice was eat what u want basically eat when hungry stop when full drink lots water I have lost a stone In 8 weeks which isn't massive but for me it's a good amount xxxxx

Thank you Taz for the welcome.

There are a few questions I'd like to ask just for personal curiosity.

When having a group hypnoband is the whole session conducted within the group or how does it work...I only offer one to one sessions.

Also those having one session for the hypnoband in an extended day. What are the long term results. All the findings I have read up regarding it show that the body needs time to adapt to the hypnosis and the cd in the voice triggers a deeper sense of... The sessions become a build up to the surgery and also allow the consultant to assess and confirm that the process is bedding in and also that the client is ready for permanent weight change.. If there are stresses within the process this can be resolved with stress release hypnosis.

I would love to hear from you the number of sessions and success rate longterm.

Back