gastric band hypnotherapy

Thank you Taz for the welcome.

I am curious to know about the group sessions. How are they conducted..

I work only with 4 sessions plus as I find it allows me to find out about the client and work with their needs and gives the client time to adjust to the process. Also I only work with one person at a time.

I would be interested to know what length of time your hypnoband sessions were and how you see the success overall.

Thanks

Hiya.. My advice was eat what u want basically eat when hungry stop when full drink lots water I have lost a stone In 8 weeks which isn't massive but for me it's a good amount xxxxx

Thanks Nats. I have been given advise what to eat. Very soft/sloppy diet for the first three weeks. No more than 3 or 4 depending on what we decide mug fulls of food per day. No fizzy drinks and not to drink 30 mins before or after eating. I think it is very similar to having a real gastric band fitted. Just wondered what advise others have received.

Regards

Lisa

Interesting thread. Hypnosis is something which I am considering. I am still unsure whether I would go for group work or one to one work though.

**lisaz** said:
Thanks Nats. I have been given advise what to eat. Very soft/sloppy diet for the first three weeks. No more than 3 or 4 depending on what we decide mug fulls of food per day. No fizzy drinks and not to drink 30 mins before or after eating. I think it is very similar to having a real gastric band fitted. Just wondered what advise others have received.

Regards

Lisa

You will find you won't want fizzy /alcoholic drinks u wouldn't fit it in u feel too full right now I bet it sounds strange but u will get what I mean lol I haven't had to eat sloppy food or anything not heard that before let us no how u go in hun
Xxxx

Val H said:
Interesting thread. Hypnosis is something which I am considering. I am still unsure whether I would go for group work or one to one work though.

My personal opinion is 1 on 1 hypnosis is better but it's personal choice hun but well worth it. Xx

Booked session for tomorrow, eek!

Wow, this thread has grown! I'll have to catch up. I left another message for dr stephen chan but like before I don't think he will get back to me. I then rang a man called Tom who's 12 miles from me and he gave me an appt for tomorrow at 2pm! it's a pity I can't speak to someone who's seen him so I would know if he's any good or not. he heard me coughing and asked did i smoke i said yes maybe i should come to you to quit smoking instead lol.

He said his background is in psychology and he believes weight gain is to do with trauma and mine must've started early cos I started putting on weight since 5yo. My baby brother and granda died in the years between I was 2 and 5 so...?:confused:

I shoulda said I would think about it instead of jumping in as per usual...he sounds a wee bit weird to me lol. Oh well, the die is cast! Eek!:eek:

Regards

Lisa
That is the dietary rules for having a real band, it's not necessary for the hypno band

My therapist has said that the best results are obtained by following the same diet and that by keeping portion sizes, consistency, and frequency or eating limited backs up the virtual procedure. But I hadn't read anyone else mention this so thought I would enquire.

The only reason for those rules following the real band is to assist with healing from the op. People with real bands can't have fizzy as the gas can dislodge the band. These things are not relevant to us so there's absolutely no need to follow that.

For our hypno bands to work we have to feel completely happy and satisfied with the whole process. This means not feeling deprived or like we are following any specific diet or rules after. I haven't 'dieted' since I had mine in April and if I am hungry and I want something I have whatever I fancy at that particular time. I eat enough to fill me up and stop eating when I am full. That really is the middle and both ends of it!

I love not having to count calories, points or Syns any more. I love that I can eat whatever I want. And more than that, I love that I now control the food and it doesn't control me!

The only reason for those rules following the real band is to assist with healing from the op. People with real bands can't have fizzy as the gas can dislodge the band. These things are not relevant to us so there's absolutely no need to follow that.

For our hypno bands to work we have to feel completely happy and satisfied with the whole process. This means not feeling deprived or like we are following any specific diet or rules after. I haven't 'dieted' since I had mine in April and if I am hungry and I want something I have whatever I fancy at that particular time. I eat enough to fill me up and stop eating when I am full. That really is the middle and both ends of it!

I love not having to count calories, points or Syns any more. I love that I can eat whatever I want. And more than that, I love that I now control the food and it doesn't control me!

She went into good detail about why these rules are to be followed. I'm pretty addicted to fizzy drinks anyhow, plus as she explained if we overstretch the virtual band we are weakening the effects. I'm glad there are some boundaries, I want to eat healthily and portion control is a huge problem for me. The sample diet to follow for the first few weeks is varied and nutrious, so i'm happy to feel in control and get results. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hiya.. My advice was eat what u want basically eat when hungry stop when full drink lots water I have lost a stone In 8 weeks which isn't massive but for me it's a good amount xxxxx

Well done you must be really pleased with that weight loss.

Taz: Noticed re-reading start of thread that it's 6 months since your 'band'. and you're still having great results?:D

i'm wondering if i should maybe have hyno to quit smoking? I think that'd be more benefit to me right now.

Thanks Nats. I have been given advise what to eat. Very soft/sloppy diet for the first three weeks. No more than 3 or 4 depending on what we decide mug fulls of food per day. No fizzy drinks and not to drink 30 mins before or after eating. I think it is very similar to having a real gastric band fitted. Just wondered what advise others have received

Lisa

Hi lisaz

Like the others I have not heard of people being advised to follow the same diet as those that have had the real gastric band. Sorry to be sceptical but have you read up on this person, ie qualifications, success rates, reviews etc? I just find it odd that you are being told to "diet" when the virtual band is about the subconscious mind. *By reducing what u eat to 3/4 mugfuls a day is bound to aid weight loss, but my question is how will you know if it's the procedure or the reduction in food that's helped you?*

I had my virtual band done on 9th sept. I lost 3 lb the 1st week but shortly after that I had a foot operation and am still in recovery/unable to walk. I have weighed & I have neither lost or gained which I am glad as I feared major weight gain from being immobile. But I have not changed how much I eat or liquified anything, I just eat when hungry & stop when full. The biggest test for me was when I went out for a meal for my birthday last and I could not finish my meal. I so wanted to eat it all but physically was not able to.*

Hi Debs

Yes I have checked credentials and reputation. I also know somebody who has lost an acing amount of weight with her. The diet isn't liquid just soft, and the portions may be smaller meals but healthy and quality. She advocates that the relationship with god won't have the same importance and that you will be satisfied much sooner due to the virtual band and eating slower.

She isn't the only therapist I've considered I had consultations with three before making my mind up. It's almost Saturday so I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank you for your concern. I am going to follow the instructions recommended as it is advised that those who have followed these have achieved better long term results which is what I want. It's good to hear different perspectives and I have read a variation in the different versions of therapy people receive from the time factor or treatment to how many weeks it's given over etc. As long as it works i'm happy. How are you getting on Goldie?

Regards

I found that the CBT was the most invaluable part of the process and that's why, 6 months on, I love it and still feel so free. The CBT is also important for real bands as they can be sabotaged if the person doesn't work with it. But the only dietary constraints are those of practical necessity which we don't have.

Also, you will find that there are things you can no longer physically tolerate. For example, I can no longer have full fat milk. If I forget to ask for my latte 'skinny' I will feel very full and very sick after. As everyone is different I think it's important for everyone to find their own restrictions and enjoy all that they can still tolerate.

Well my sesh was interesting this afternoon! he focuses on correct breathing through the nose and 'reduced breathing.' he asked was i sniffing a lot cos i've a cold and i said no i'm like that all the time. he asked had i asthma and i said yes, he gave me a book on improving asthma through correct breathing. he showed me some examples and i thought how am i gonna talk and breathe at the same time? how can i suppress a cough etc etc?

I am more aware of my breathing now but it's gonna be really hard to do this, im gonna call him tomorrow and ask him to go over it once more. He also recommends oil pulling with sunflower oil, asked if i could use coconut as thats what i have but no lol.

About 2 weeks ago i found a site about breathing through your nose not your mouth and I have heard of oil pulling before and tried it once so i am open to ideas.

eta: looking forward to listening to my personal cd i've put onto my mp3 however I am not looking forward to taping my mouth shut with surgical tape (I kid you not!) before i go to sleep. my ma should be pleased, she's wanted to tape my gob shut for years lol. Apparently it helps you breathe through your nose but mine'll likely fall off!

Well I went back yesterday to see my hypno man with all the emotion with my little girl I kind of lost sight of my band, he was really good tightened my band and went over every thing said in first session feeling much better again i think the man I see is brill not charged me for extra session and told me to thing if anything changes :). Question for all u experienced ones ;-) do u weigh yourselves??? Xxxxxx

Hi Debs

Yes I have checked credentials and reputation. I also know somebody who has lost an acing amount of weight with her. The diet isn't liquid just soft, and the portions may be smaller meals but healthy and quality. She advocates that the relationship with god won't have the same importance and that you will be satisfied much sooner due to the virtual band and eating slower.

She isn't the only therapist I've considered I had consultations with three before making my mind up. It's almost Saturday so I'll let you know how I get on.

Hi Lisa
Sorry to have been a bit negative, just so many cowboys out there. Glad you got someone yu can trust. Hope t goes well for you. cant wait to hear your progress. No worries about the typos, I have the same thing when I type on y Iphone :)

Back