gastric band hypnotherapy

Nats, I did but then my scales broke (not because they couldn't take my weight ;) ) and I got new ones but it's not the same. I still go to SW with a friend and WI there on a Tuesday but I'm not hung up on the numbers any more, I just know when my clothes are loose and I measure myself every 4 weeks

Taz said:
Nats, I did but then my scales broke (not because they couldn't take my weight ;) ) and I got new ones but it's not the same. I still go to SW with a friend and WI there on a Tuesday but I'm not hung up on the numbers any more, I just know when my clothes are loose and I measure myself every 4 weeks

Fab I weigh on a sunday and was thinking wonder If it's just me lol been out for lunch today had 2 glasses wine and greek mezze left all pitta bread and some feta and olives but really enjoyed rest feel so positive again. :) xxxxxx

I'm getting on really well, I'm on my 4th week after losing 9lb in week 1, 2lb in week 2 I haven't bothered weighing myself as I don't care what I weigh anymore; I just know it's coming off as my clothes are getting looser by the day.
I'm not interested in food like I was when on all the diets I've tried, and believe me, I have tried them all! You know what it's like, when on a diet all you can think about is what you're not allowed - my hypno session clarified exactly why that happens - when you say to yourself 'I can't have x,y,z', you're subconscious says 'I want x,y,z' making you crave it even more.
Now I have what I want and when I want it, I'm really happy. Also, my therapist will "work with me until I reach goal, at no extra cost" unlike most of the others, so I can't lose anything but weight. I'm in the process of waiting for my next cd from Adrian and can't wait. Like Taz says re the CBT thing, a lot of people who have had the proper surgery cheat and find ways to get food the have always eaten in - for example, liquidising chips (yuk!) - and they wonder why they don't lose weight?! You need to start a diet in your head, with CBT, I did just that.
Best of luck :) x

Hi Goldie i'm glad its going well for you, I like to hear about how everyone is getting on, the positives and negatives, we can all encourage each other.

Well I went back yesterday to see my hypno man with all the emotion with my little girl I kind of lost sight of my band, he was really good tightened my band and went over every thing said in first session feeling much better again i think the man I see is brill not charged me for extra session and told me to thing if anything changes :). Question for all u experienced ones ;-) do u weigh yourselves??? Xxxxxx

Sounds like you have a great therapist, children being ill is so upsetting and staying in hospital is enough to knock anyone over the edge. I'm glad things are looking more positive now.

Hi Lisa
Sorry to have been a bit negative, just so many cowboys out there. Glad you got someone yu can trust. Hope t goes well for you. cant wait to hear your progress. No worries about the typos, I have the same thing when I type on y Iphone :)

It's ok Deb's I understand, it is good to have peoples opions good or bad. I'm a nurse, so pretty good at my research and especially when i'm parting with my hard earned cash. I'm feeling a bit nervous but also excited. Feeling possitive. I'm going out for a meal tonight, not an intentional last minute blow it was already organised but I can't be bothered to go out, could of done with a nice soak in the bath and early to bed with the hope that my appointment comes quick tomorrow so I can get going.

**lisaz** said:
Sounds like you have a great therapist, children being ill is so upsetting and staying in hospital is enough to knock anyone over the edge. I'm glad things are looking more positive now.

I do he is brill I was lucky as he came recommended by my gp xx

I'm not sure whether to continue with my hypnotherapy. I can't see how it'll benefit me. Not with my food obsession anyhow.:(

Lynn8124 said:
I'm not sure whether to continue with my hypnotherapy. I can't see how it'll benefit me. Not with my food obsession anyhow.:(

Why not talk it through with your therapist see what he/she says I an sure they could help Hun x

Mine broke my obsession with food. I can't be less interested in it now! Seriously, the CBT is amazing and soooo worth it

Just wondering how much you all paid for this? I'm so desperate to lose weight but seem to be unable to stick with anything and think that if this works, it could be great for me. It just seems so expensive though, I'm not sure whether I can afford it as a poor training teacher!

caroline g said:
Just wondering how much you all paid for this? I'm so desperate to lose weight but seem to be unable to stick with anything and think that if this works, it could be great for me. It just seems so expensive though, I'm not sure whether I can afford it as a poor training teacher!

Mine was £175 which I think is fairly cheap compared to some!!! Xxx

Mine was £175 which I think is fairly cheap compared to some!!! Xxx

Do you feel like it worked? Where did you go?

caroline g said:
Do you feel like it worked? Where did you go?

I absolutely no it works and working hun I went in huddersfield ? There are a few con people out there so really look into it xxx

Ok, so had my band fitted on Saturday and I'm so pleased. Ive been so stressed at work today and normally I'd be saying sod it and would have reached into the biscuit tin in the office bug the thought didn't even cross my mind except briefly. When I went through my food and moods with my therapist I realised how much of a secret eater I was. And I was eating most of this food alone. It was almost as if if nobody saw me it didn't happen. When I was alone after every one went home I thought how I would normally eat biscuits or chocolates without anyone knowing, I didn't want any and I wasn't thinking about them but was thinking about my old behaviour.

I really need to work on my fluids though. I'm so bad at keeping myself hydrated. I know being out on the road for 5 hours a day makes it difficult but I really need to drink more to keep healthy. I never ate breakfast before, well only when dieting and I've made a conscious effort to do that too. So happy bunny here. Going to weigh myself Sunday. Also going to take some measurements too this week for a different way to keep myself focused when the scales don't show up progress. Hope everyone else is having a good Monday x

Has anyone been to someone around the West Midlands/Shropshire kind of area?

hi everyone , so good to see everyone doing so well . came back from a weeks all inclusive last monday and id lost 400 grams lol :0) id have lost a ton if i hadnt drank like we did . but im delighted with everything 3 months down the line , im ticking allong and the situations ive been in the last 3 months would normally have seen me putting on so much weight and living life obsessed with diteing and food , but instead im a stone lighter still and looking forward to a period of no holls and parties to focus and work out .

a wise man once said ... if you think you can or you think you cant , either way your right ....... :0)

I see you are in the Midlands. I had mine done in Birmingham and I paid £79 for it. I believe she still does offers for £99 on her website

I see you are in the Midlands. I had mine done in Birmingham and I paid £79 for it. I believe she still does offers for £99 on her website

Would you recommend her? Did it work for you? If you could give me her details, that would be great.

Yes I would recommend her, it's the best thing I ever did! But someone else on here says different, they had trouble with booking etc. Here is a link to her site, it's not £150 for the 2 sessions but still a bargain Special Offer |

Back