gastric band hypnotherapy

Quiet on here, where has everybody gone.

Just got back from 6 weeks holiday and happy to report that I have lost 12 lbs while I was away. I went for long walks and tried really hard to keep away from the lovely breads (my downfall), cheeses and the cakes to die for. I listened to the CD's Adrian gave me every night (know them by heart now) so I've phoned him today to try and get some new ones as I really feel I need them, though reading the forum it seems that Adrian's after care leaves a lot to be desired.

It's lovely catching up to see how you're all getting on. Nice to see some new members.

Lisa50

Lisa50 said:
Quiet on here, where has everybody gone.

Just got back from 6 weeks holiday and happy to report that I have lost 12 lbs while I was away. I went for long walks and tried really hard to keep away from the lovely breads (my downfall), cheeses and the cakes to die for. I listened to the CD's Adrian gave me every night (know them by heart now) so I've phoned him today to try and get some new ones as I really feel I need them, though reading the forum it seems that Adrian's after care leaves a lot to be desired.

It's lovely catching up to see how you're all getting on. Nice to see some new members.

Lisa50

Wow well done on losing while been on hols!!! I am still plodding on slowly now but happy doing so it has gone quiet on here as everyone gone Xmas shopping lol xxx

Wow ! Well down for looking so much while away . That's really fantastic.
Im doing good lost just a few.pounds more but really happy considering im just not dieting .just busy Living my life . Enjoying whatever feels right at the time just stopping when full. Intact half the time i have a snack rather than dinner as im just not bothered about a meal . Complete revelation really dont think much about food at all . Very odd for me considering I've obsessed about it for the last 26 years !!

So it's nearly December, has anyone given any thought to Christmas yet and how they are going to negotiate the food orientated holiday?!

I've found the following article concerning this issue:

"Weight-loss hypnosis may help you shed an extra pound or two when it's used along with other weight-loss methods, such as diet and exercise or cognitive behavioral therapy. But it's hard to say definitively because there isn't enough solid scientific evidence about weight-loss hypnosis.

Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness, like being in a trance. Hypnosis is usually done with the help of a hypnotherapist using verbal repetition and mental images. When you're under hypnosis, your attention is highly focused and you're more responsive to suggestions, including behavior changes that can help you lose weight. You can learn the proper hypnosis techniques so that you can practice weight-loss hypnosis on your own, without a hypnotherapist.

Through the years, some studies have evaluated the use of weight-loss hypnosis. Most studies showed only slight weight loss, with an average loss of about 6 pounds (2.72 kilograms). But the quality of some of these studies has been questioned, making it hard to determine the true effectiveness of weight-loss hypnosis.

Weight loss is usually best achieved with diet and exercise. If you've tried diet and exercise but are still struggling to meet your weight-loss goal, talk to your health care provider about other options or lifestyle changes that you can make. Don't rely only on weight-loss hypnosis because it's unlikely to lead to significantly more weight loss."

Erm... Hi and welcome! Have you read the whole of this thread? Whilst that is very interesting it's not at all reflective of people's experiences on here. Some people struggle with the 'head' side of dieting and that is what hypnosis and CBT help with. Once the mental side is worked with the rest is a lot easier.

What was the purpose of quoting that to us? Are you considering this as an option for yourself or are you questioning our chosen method?

Taz said:
So it's nearly December, has anyone given any thought to Christmas yet and how they are going to negotiate the food orientated holiday?!

Hi I am not giving it a thought I no 100% I will eat what I want but only small amounts even if I done lose it wouldn't bother me as I always put lots of weight on over Xmas! How about you ?? Xxxxxx

Hi I am not giving it a thought I no 100% I will eat what I want but only small amounts even if I done lose it wouldn't bother me as I always put lots of weight on over Xmas! How about you ?? Xxxxxx
Pretty much the same. I only eat as much as I need now, sometimes I wish I could carry on when it's tasty but I love that I stop when I'm full. I know that Christmas won't be any different, I love not having to count calories, points or Syns and I love the freedom of having what I want when I want it. I can easily put on half a stone or more over christmas and new year so I am really looking forward to seeing what the scales say in the new year x

Same for me . Im coasting along happily now but im making changes in my excersize levels again . There are times i think about going on yet another .quick fix diet but then i realise that it will only lead to another 26 years of food obsessed living ...whether that be eating or not eating it . Right now i choose what ,when and how much i eat based on whether im hungry or just fancy a treat for a change and that is a kind of peace around food that i never dreamt possible . So even though its taking time . I know in my heart im getting there ...even if it takes a few years . So im running again and really enjoying it and hopefully this will help some way in getting me where i want to go . As for Christmas , i haven been thought about it being am issue :0) BIG RESULT im just so looking toward to spending the time with my babies enjoying the festivities as a whole rather than an excuse to eat till i feel ill whilst all the time feeling deep guilt and shame and conflict .....now why would i even consider going back there !!! :0)

I posted the info as i'm thinking of using this method too, but such articles as i've quoted make me hesitate... So I wanted to receive your feedback and opinions...

Ah ok, that wasn't clear. I think you only need to read the posts in this thread to know what we each think to that. It's not something that works for everyone but if you are going to go for it you have to be completely open to it and believe from the start that it's going to work. It is using only your brain as the tool so you have to allow your brain to accept it :)

Completely agree with taz u have to really open up and believe in yourself and a good hypno as there are some dodgy ones!! Xxxxx

Dear Debs1972, I wondered if you ever got to speak with Claire Hegarty? I want to use her services but do not want to be conned. Please could you let me know what you found out about her? If anyone can help I would be very grateful, thank you so so much! x

Anyone still here? I had gastric band hypnotherapy this evening (first of three sessions). I'm hopeful it will work. I think I've tried nearly everything else...

I bought mine through Groupon too.

How was your first session Mrs B? It has gone a bit quiet here lately as we are all just 'doing' now but keep us updated on how it goes

Hello it is quiet on here I have hit a bit of a wall I put 2lb on over Xmas and no I am eating too much but at same time no its still working its strange trying to really think about it any ideas tips would be gratefully received xxxxx

How was your first session Mrs B? It has gone a bit quiet here lately as we are all just 'doing' now but keep us updated on how it goes

First one was fairly straighforward. A wee chat first then got my gastric band. I was just told it had been fitted then I had to set it as tight as I wanted myself.

I have homework - the usual food/exercise diary :sigh:, I have to put a photo of me (when I was happy with the way I looked :rolleyes:) by my bedside and on the fridge, I have to put something I want to fit into (in around three months) at the front of my wardrobe.

I also have to get a smaller dinner plate (I have one already, lol).

Today has gone well so far. I had porridge for brekkie which I didn't finish (so will make less tomorrow). I've had soup for lunch and tea (two different kinds both h/m - bad planning on my part). I've also had an apple and a clementine.

Strange, strange day. I actually felt when I'd had enough but was not too full. I would normally have eaten a lot more fruit by now (mostly through boredom).

Hope this evening goes as well! :D

sparkle-rose said:
Hello everyone,

Well I have enjoyed reading through this thread, it has been very helpful to me.

I have my consultation tomorrow with a Hypno Band Therapist, am taking hubby along with me as I know he will think of things to ask that I wont as I will just want to get the first appointment booked in so fingers crossed I am suitable candidate.

2011 was my year to give up smoking and I did it and so now 2012 is my year to really get into that weight loss path.

:)

Ohhh how exciting I truly believe it works even now when I feel I have hit a wall I am waiting for call back of the man I saw for a top up session but I no that it will work I have lost a stone and half do far with lots still to go but honest u won't regret going for it. Taz is full of usefull info xxxxx

Nats, I emailed my therapist last year when I thought I was struggling and via email we established I didn't need a top up as I knew what I was doing wrong and could rectify it myself. It's worth looking at it objectively and see if you have the answer yourself. The band is controlled by our minds which means we can switch them off when we want to. Although I know I will never eat for emotional reasons again but if I have a plate of yummy food and want it all I can ignore what I am doing and eat it all. That's where the mindful eating is so important.

Social situations are the most dangerous for us as when there is a distraction from the food you can eat so much more. For it to work you need to be aware of what you are eating and when snacking ask yourself first why you are having the snack and if you really need it at that moment or if it can wait. No one can maintain this level of concentration 100% of the time but you will always have that tool just waiting to be used x

Taz said:
Nats, I emailed my therapist last year when I thought I was struggling and via email we established I didn't need a top up as I knew what I was doing wrong and could rectify it myself. It's worth looking at it objectively and see if you have the answer yourself. The band is controlled by our minds which means we can switch them off when we want to. Although I know I will never eat for emotional reasons again but if I have a plate of yummy food and want it all I can ignore what I am doing and eat it all. That's where the mindful eating is so important.

Social situations are the most dangerous for us as when there is a distraction from the food you can eat so much more. For it to work you need to be aware of what you are eating and when snacking ask yourself first why you are having the snack and if you really need it at that moment or if it can wait. No one can maintain this level of concentration 100% of the time but you will always have that tool just waiting to be used x

See I knew you were full of useful
Info!! I am going for a chat on fri to see what's going on and to establish if I need a top up I seem to be emotional eating at the min and drinking more alcohol
Been stressful few weeks so not sure if that is why. I'll let u no what he says thank you for all your advice your so helpful xxxxxx

Back