gastric band hypnotherapy

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I've now lost 22lbs since the start of January. Loving this no diet - diet.

Really, really pleased that this is working for you xx Fantastic result :)

I've really taken my eye off the ball lately and kicked myself when I braved the scales on Tuesday to see a 4lb gain from last month :( but I'm glad I looked as I knew that wasn't good. Head back into gear, back to mindful eating and losing this weight. I guess it's easy to get complacent and I momentarily lost the plot. I know it is still working though as every time I pushed my limits I could feel it, I just ignored it. So no more ignoring, only eat when hungry and stop when full. I have promised myself the 4lb will be gone by Tuesday so wish me luck!!!

just had my band fitted today and have lost 10lbs in two weeks even before getting the band fitted im so happy and really looking forward to the future slim me lol x

been reading through your experiences, very encouraging!
i by chance met someone who had a hypnotic gastric band, and he was so delighted with the results that i have been considering it ever since, today ordered a cd. then found this thread, now can't wait for it to come!

looked quite carefully for one that helps you to address your food issues before you listen to the 'op' cd. it also has a reversal session included.

Taz said:
I've really taken my eye off the ball lately and kicked myself when I braved the scales on Tuesday to see a 4lb gain from last month :( but I'm glad I looked as I knew that wasn't good. Head back into gear, back to mindful eating and losing this weight. I guess it's easy to get complacent and I momentarily lost the plot. I know it is still working though as every time I pushed my limits I could feel it, I just ignored it. So no more ignoring, only eat when hungry and stop when full. I have promised myself the 4lb will be gone by Tuesday so wish me luck!!!

How u getting on taz xxxxx

Taz said:

How u getting in taz xxxx

How u getting on taz xxxxx

Better! I've not braved the scales yet as I am trying not to focus too much on the numbers. I found I did much better when I stayed away from them for a while as I was much more relaxed. Thanks for asking xx

cd arrived (in its own time)
instructions are to listen to cd 1 for 5 days, then cd 2 for 21 days.

i didn't realise how hard it is to get an hour to myself everyday!!!!

got through phase one, start with cd 2 tomorrow.

Hi my names Della and I just wanted to say that I have read your threads with great interest they have been very informative, so I decided it to give it a go. I have just been to my second session and in two weeks and have already lost over half a stone not really had to struggle either the only thing i have done is bought a smaller plate. I have not given up having foods i enjoy but have lost that hungry feeling. If we have a chinese I just have some of my partners instead of my own I feel perfectly satisfied and for the first time on a diet I don't actually feel deprived like I am missing out on anything. So fingers crossed i will keep you updated.

half way through cd 2.....i think it is begining to have an impact. i do feel satified more easily.....

Hurray, at last had a second face-to-face session with Adrian on 20/4/2012. I'm back on track and not obsessing about food all the time.

Listening to CD's and trying to keep to a low carb diet. So far so good.

I've actually had the courage to weigh again!!!

Week 1 - 2lbs
Week 2 - 2lbs

Reading things like this make me chuckle (sorry)

There were many build up factors to the start of my weightloss, but the biggest was watching my mum get a real bypass and the realisation that its not a quick fix and doesnt change any habits you have. Since her op my mum lost 26kg and I started my diet 8 weeks after and have lost 20kg although I appreciate for some its a last chance saloon scenario. Hypnosis (when it works) actually makes much more sense than the operation because it tackles the eating habits behind weightgain. Neuro Linguistic Programming and positive thought are just as effective (more so in that they work on everyone whereas hypnotherapy doesn't) by forcing new brain pathways to form & are so much cheaper and something you can do for yourself at home.

I had hypnotherapy many years ago for weightloss and it had no effect whatso ever although I admit it can work for some and have friends that have successfully given up smoking with it..... what I'm saying is that if it does work for you the health benefits must far outway the risks and implications of surgery. I took a course in NLP about 10 yrs ago and coached others, just didnt take my own medicine until last year when I gave myself a kick up the backside, so I'm bias but i really do believe in it.

Back