gastric band hypnotherapy

I have bought a gastric band app for Android. I haven't had chance to try it out yet but I think I might do that now

I have bought a gastric band app for Android. I haven't had chance to try it out yet but I think I might do that now

Is it the same one as the ipad and ipod app? If so I may be interested in that myself :)

Thanks for your reply, NettyC (at least I think it was a reply to me). I agree that hypnotherapy can work with effort.

I'm just curious as to the group's opinion on Adrian Matthams since I can't decide between his Hypnopods/lifetime aftercare (which I've heard from some of you can be iffy) and a local hypnotherapist licensed with Hypno-Band (meaning he got a pack, basically).

I've emailed both and they both seem very willing to help. I like that Adrien's aftercare is free, whereas my local hypnotherapist would charge for further sessions, albeit at a discounted rate.

So tell me, those of you who've been to Adrien Matthams, would you still recommend him? If I recall correctly from reading this thread, some of you went to see him this time last year, so after a whole year since the treatment and possible aftercare, is he still as great as those posts last year indicated?

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, by the way! I have very much enjoyed reading them!

Thank you for your reply, goldie! You were one of the people I was hoping would reply based on your history with Adrian. I cannot PM yet, otherwise I would have reached out to you directly.

I've been in contact with him back and forth over the past week. He is pretty quick to respond (within 24-48 hours), but I'm worried that it's because I'm a potential buyer. I'm actually thinking of emailing him a link to this thread to see what he says about why it's hard to get in touch with him for aftercare. I'm really concerned about this because it seems like he is great aside from the aftercare, and I live in a completely different country so I can't just walk up to his door and see what's going on.

I'm waiting for a response to an email I sent on Friday (I'm not concerned about this delay since it's the weekend) and then I think I'll mention you and this post to see what really happens with aftercare. Again, with my being overseas, timely email responses are critical to my success!

I'm curious, if we take the aftercare out of the equation, how do you feel about about him and his services? I know you said lovely and genuine, but how do you feel about the gastric hypno band procedure he did last year? Would you recommend it?

Oh and I noticed based on your signature you started using Slimpods. How are those working for you, especially since you also went to Adrian?

Sorry for all the questions. Again, I would have rather asked as a PM, but I haven't posted enough to have that privilege. If you'd like to email your responses to me rather than post them, my email is heatherleigh at gmail.com. Thanks goldie!!

Thanks for your reply, NettyC (at least I think it was a reply to me). I agree that hypnotherapy can work with effort.

I'm just curious as to the group's opinion on Adrian Matthams since I can't decide between his Hypnopods/lifetime aftercare (which I've heard from some of you can be iffy) and a local hypnotherapist licensed with Hypno-Band (meaning he got a pack, basically).

I've emailed both and they both seem very willing to help. I like that Adrien's aftercare is free, whereas my local hypnotherapist would charge for further sessions, albeit at a discounted rate.

So tell me, those of you who've been to Adrien Matthams, would you still recommend him? If I recall correctly from reading this thread, some of you went to see him this time last year, so after a whole year since the treatment and possible aftercare, is he still as great as those posts last year indicated?

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, by the way! I have very much enjoyed reading them!

Personally as a Hypnotherapist I would be suspicious of a CD only treatment. I would ask the Hypno-Bander you mentioned what their treatment involves if you dont fall into the standard pattern (ie lose weight post session 1 of CBT, and then continue to lose weight with direct suggestion in later sessions. There will be other similar treatments offered in your area so google different descriptions of virtual gastric band/mind band/gastric band hypnosis etc.

Yes! My previous post finally posted!

Personally as a Hypnotherapist I would be suspicious of a CD only treatment. I would ask the Hypno-Bander you mentioned what their treatment involves if you dont fall into the standard pattern (ie lose weight post session 1 of CBT, and then continue to lose weight with direct suggestion in later sessions. There will be other similar treatments offered in your area so google different descriptions of virtual gastric band/mind band/gastric band hypnosis etc.

Jon, I agree about being cautious with CD only treatments. According to Adrian, if the treatment doesn't work he will provide more support with further CDs to meet my needs. Some of his clients on this board have had trouble with his aftercare, but some haven't so I'm weighing all my options. As a hypnotherapist, did you get licensed by Hypno-Band? I think we are all under the assumption that it is just a pack sent out and not much more, so that's why I'm hesitant to use my local hypnotherapist.

Does this even work? damn sounds like magic

I believe it can work if the person puts in the time and energy. I don't think it's a one-time fix. I feel you need to get "recharged" with further sessions, or in the case of some hypnotherapists free aftercare until you are at your goal.

Hi Heather,

Yes I am, please see my previous post below. I have also taken 3 trainings in different Gastric Band Hypnosis systems and dip into those as and when appropriate.

I have been following this discussion with interest. I am a Hypnotherapist ( I am not going to say my name or contact details as I am here to be objective rather than market), and have trained in a few types of Gastric Band Hypnosis. I am now a Hypno-Bander and have delivered Gastric Band Hypnosis to circa 300 clients. My personal opinion is that the Hypnotic Gastric Band itself is the icing on the cake, so once a client is aligned to lose weight the virtual gastric band will enhance that. If the client is not in the right place to lose weight the hypnotic band will do nothing for them (yes I mean nothing other than maybe a short term placebo if someone responds well to that kind of imagery ).
As I understand it there are two main approaches:

1) Give the band on session 1 and then do the real work on later sessions (ala Sheila Grainger Virtual Gastric Band (I think))
2) Do the real work during earlier sessions and then give the band at a later session (ala Hypno-Band, Gastric Band Hypno and the other niche Gastric Band Hypnotherapy systems I have trained in which don't market to the masses).
3) Adrian Matthews approach, I am not sure which category this falls into as it is his own personal approach. I know Adrian was a Hypno-Bander and now markets his own approach. All that I will say here is that good bad or excellent Adrian is no more qualified in Gastric Band Hypnotherapy than any other fully trained Hypnotherapist (and most experienced banders develop our own system).

Personally I favour system 2 though I can see the value of system 1 (Placebo excitement , followed by serious work straight after).
I notice that at some points people talk about qualifications and Hypno-Band. Yes Hypno-Band is a pack. However when I registered with Hypno-Band I had to have a discussion with John Mclean and send him my Clinical Hypnotherapy certificates, my NLP practitioner and Master Practitioner certificates as well as evidence that I was fully insured. John is very ethical and as the inventor of what is generally considered to be the leading Gastric Band Hypnosis system he could charge a lot more and widen his membership however he chose not to. Hypnotherapy is an unregulated profession and there are many different schools of thought (personally I initially trained in the Ericksonian style and my sympathies lie with that approach (though as a professional I have taken short courses in classical hypnotic phenomena such as regression and parts therapy)) if someone is not properly qualified and insured they will not get a Hypno-Band Licence.
There are other Gastric Band Hypnotherapy trainings and qualifications, some are good, others less so, some ask for evidence of qualification others don’t.

Anyway back to my views. Gastric Band Hypnosis is the icing on the cake and therefore there needs to be something else to get clients to lose weight.
This can include.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (an integral part of the basic Hypno-Band system and a good starting point), NLP, other therapies such as tapping (I know nothing about this personally), Eye movement therapy (I find this really useful with about 50% of clients), Classical Hypnotic work (i.e. unconscious signals, regression (this is useful though some clients are scared by the thought of this), Generative trance ( I find this useful), Parts work. Once the snowball is rolling down the hill the Gastric Band is a useful intervention.

I am trying a HGB app at the moment (Android) you have to listen to it every night for 3 week :eek: I have only just started so I don't know what the long term effects will be. I do find that I go 'under' with it, it's a little weird! It's like sleeping but awake but I don't actually remember what I've heard. I always 'wake up' at the end of the session too. So far, a week in, I am finding that I'm back to where I was when I first had the actual HGB last year which is really encouraging! I know that the key to this is in my hand so I will do it if I allow myself!

That sounds fantastic, Taz! I'm impressed that it's brought you to the same point as before. Since you're in the UK and I'm in the US, I'm not sure if I have access to the same app so if I may ask, what is the app called and who is the developer? Does it have a website listed? I'm hoping I can try it somehow!

I got the idea from a thread about an app on the iphone but when I looked on the Android market (Google Play) I found quite a few different ones! I tried a few of them but some had faults or werent very good so the one I stuck with is called Hypnotic Gastric Band-Bonetti by Benjamin Bonetti, developed by i-Mobilize inc

Ooh it's available on my phone, too! I'm going to try it since it is working for you so far. $2.99 USD is much better than $400+ USD! I'm glad you mentioned it worked for you because it doesn't have a great rating (2 stars with three ratings) and only one written review out of the 2 is positive. The other said it force closed for them, but that could've been a problem with other apps on their phone not getting along with this one. I work in cell phone tech support so I'm not too worried especially since you haven't had any problems.

Hey Taz,

I downloaded it and it says it works in conjunction with the Lose Weight with Hypnosis audio that comes with it. Do you listen to both in the same session or how do you split it up?

There is a thread on one by Sue Peckham & James Holmes which seems to get food reviews.

Sorry to hear about the burglary, hope you are recovering x

Oh my gosh, goldie, I'm so sorry to hear of your burglary! I hope you're doing well!
And thank you for your recommendation to stay local. That way I could walk right into the office instead of relying on multiple emails, hoping for an answer!

Back