gastric band hypnotherapy

It's going good. Lost 6lbs in my first week. Hope it just continues. The tapping is great. Carl does something called fasterEFT.

I was taught to have the food you crave in front of you and notice 'how you know' you crave that food. Is it the thought of it, the smell, taste. Give your craving a score from 0 - 10. 0 no craving. 10 really high. You then tap the points and say "let it go, I'm OK as I let these cravings go" Go back to sensations and notice what's changed, give it a new score. Continue tapping till feelings go.

Strange but it works.

Carol...x

I used it to stop biting my nails & to deal with fear of flying. If you Google eft universe then you'll get loads more info of how it can be used. Well done on the loss.

Thanks Goldie,

Carl's been so accommodating. He's always gotten back to me if I've had any questions. I have my final session this week. Very professional and caring.

Carol..x

I lost 4 stones on slimming world but could not shift the last 2. then i spoke to my consultant and she told me that the SW plan is based on the idea that as you lose you "naturally" start to eat less. Wrong, in my case. I have always been a huge eater. Since I was a BABY. Not a binger, just a big eater. Huge meals, even if it's salad.
WW never worked cos I was always hungry and broke down right away. My first plan, in the 90's , a Super-Low Cal plan, worked but I got gall bladder disease not to mention a bit of an amphetamine problem.
SW seemed to be the answer but only up t a point. I no longer eat any form of fat or sugar, no alcohol, and am 100x healthier. But still a big eater.

So last week I signed up to a hypnoband, to try and shrink my stomach and basically not to over eat.

It worked right away. I was not hungry at all, are sparingly and was 100% satisfied.

THEN I got a huge stress (builders working on my house F*'d it up totally and have left me in a virtually derelict building, in winter) and lo! the pig instinct came back. Given that I have also been having a nervous breakdown and practically ready to self harm, I did not do too badly in the food department.

It's interesting to know that extreme, unusual stress over-rides the hynotherapy.

Anyway i am going back on Monday to have my next session and will continue with the CD.

I think it DOES work - my advice is, try to do it when your life is not stressed out.

You are absolutely right, anything that will put your head into a complete spin will over ride the hypno as it needs a portion of your brain to be focused even if you don't realise it. When stressful situations like that hit the best you can hope for sometimes is damage limitation. Great that you are able to get back onto it soon, maybe you could download a hypnosis app so you can at least try to relax your brain before bed. Good luck for the continuation of your journey

I had my second hypno session, have not had the band fitted yet but had fascinating hypno session giving me very clear insight Why i over eat!!!!!
It's kind of Freudian but for me it has to do with early childhood; not trauma, just things ...
Stuff i can work on.

anyway i went to SW today to be weighed and i lost 7 pounds.
I have been following SW religiously as well as having the hypnotherapy. I intend to stay in SW even with the band as SW has a great program and it's healthy. I'm just past the point of "eat as much as you like" that no longer works for me, though it was the life save in the beginning.

Let me know if she's any good Goldie, I'm in Bristol so it will be good to know if there is anyone good locally

Glad you had a good experience Goldie, I will have to look her up in the new year. I really hope this will be the right one for you x

I just had a look at her site and it looks good. I may have to download her MP3. How many sessions have you had and how many will you have in total?

If you do please post a link on here so I can follow it!

I have to say, when the subject of the therapist you refer to flooded this thread I was very sceptical. It seemed like a guy who thought too much of himself and charged a premium for it and I wasn't entirely surprised when his shine started to fade. I think he has himself on a pedestal and was more interested in taking peoples money than actually helping them. People like that should not be allowed to operate, they make me mad!

I'm really glad you have found Sharon, I am definitely going to book an appointment with her in the new year. Her office is only a mile or 2 from where I work!

There is a deal on Wowcher for a gastric band hypnosis kit. It's not for actual face to face sessions, but download mp3 files. Has anyone tried it? What was the success rate? It's at a huge reduction - only £25 instead of £600 but I don't want to throw away £25 if it is useless. I am losing weight, but sometimes I really struggle on some of my eating days, and I wish I wasn't so obsessed with food. My hunger on my eating days is mainly in my head.*snip*

Any feedback on these kits would be very welcome. I want to stay on JUDDD/ADF for life as it has long term health benefits as well as weight loss, but myemotional desire for food often knocks me off track and I definitely need to address this if I am to be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back