gastric band hypnotherapy

There is a deal on Wowcher for a gastric band hypnosis kit. It's not for actual face to face sessions, but download mp3 files. Has anyone tried it? What was the success rate? It's at a huge reduction - only £25 instead of £600 but I don't want to throw away £25 if it is useless. I am losing weight, but sometimes I really struggle on some of my eating days, and I wish I wasn't so obsessed with food. My hunger on my eating days is mainly in my head. *snip*

Any feedback on these kits would be very welcome. I want to stay on JUDDD/ADF for life as it has long term health benefits as well as weight loss, but myemotional desire for food often knocks me off track and I definitely need to address this if I am to be successful.

I bought this too! It doesn't et delivered until the deal ends so can't tell u what it's like but I think for something worth £600 it's gotta be worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, you're wasting your money. Those non face-to-face 'kits' are generic and as we are all different, i doubt they'd work for you. It's cheap so maybe worth a go but I wouldn't bet your life on it working out.
As you said - it's your relationship with food that needs fixing, unless that changes, no gastic band/surgery on the planet will help you....and for that, you need F2F work.

Just a thought~!

The hypnosis includes 12 downloads one of which addresses your relationship with food. I don't see it as a waste of money at all!! It's all about changing the way you think and see food, at the end of the day, hypnosis is known to work with all kinds not just weight loss so IMO I would go for it!! And I have!

The hypnosis includes 12 downloads one of which addresses your relationship with food. I don't see it as a waste of money at all!! It's all about changing the way you think and see food, at the end of the day, hypnosis is known to work with all kinds not just weight loss so IMO I would go for it!! And I have!

Good luck with it then. I've had hypno gastric bands 3 times & seen 4 different therapists, 3 of which 'dealt with my relationship with food' too but failed to address the issue....I still over ate. Only the one I'm seeing now has made drastic changes in the way I feel about food and frankly, I couldn't care less about food anymore and often 'forget' to eat.
I wish you all the luck in the world, but as Julie was asking for opinions, I gave mine. :D

Thank you both. I think for most people it's the face to face sessions addressing specific problems that work the best. Some people have great success with the F2F and others say it didn't work at all, so I think it depends on the person and their state of mind as much as the hypnotist. I just want to have an open mind if I do it. The hypno therapy offer does sound quite comprehensive as it is the equivalent of 12 CDs and is normally £600. I think I might take a punt on it before the offer expires because I have resisted clothes and shoes in the sales so I've saved money there. Normally I buy shoes in the sales because no matter how big I am, I am still the same shoe size! I went shopping today and decided not to buy anything because I don't NEED anything and I will reward myself with an outfit when I am am down to 11 stone. Maybe the hypno therapy might get me there quicker than my March/April target. It's only £25 and they give a 90 day money back guarantee, so I guess I haven't got anything to lose but the weight.

If I do take the plunge, I'll put my updates on here.

Last edited:

I tried to buy it last night around 10:30 and it wouldn't go through. I could buy other items on Wowcher so I guess it closed early. I am so mad at myself for not buying it earlier and this morning I feel like crying. I had a bad diet day yesterday. I've found it hard to stick to the diet since Christmas and I had pinned my hopes on it. As I had to think twice about spending £25 I definitely can't afford paying anything like full price for it so I guess I will just have to hope the offer comes around again some time. Please let me know how you progress with yours. I wish you every success and hope it gives you the extra incentive and increases your willpower to lose the weight.

Have you looked at slim pods for the same price? Google for more info.

Thanks for the information. They seem to have a CD to drop two dress sizes for £29.99 but I need something a bit more drastic than that I think. Maybe I can buy the Christopher Adams mp3s from someone who got them on the Wowcher deal and doesn't want them. I'll check ebay. I also emailed the support area at Christopher Adams so maybe they will let me in on the Wowcher deal. I was fine keeping to my daily allowances until the day after Boxing Day and I can't get back into dieting so I realy need something to give me a kick up the backside like the hyno band downloads which is the equivalent to 12 CDs. I hate myself for being weak. On the plus side I am doing plenty of exercise.

You're not weak just normal! The slimpod is good in that it seems to change how you think about food so it's not such a battle. The dress size one is for 2 or more. If you look in the bring your head inside forum there is a slimpod section & I think one lady in there lost ten dress sizes last year. Good luck with whatever you do :)

Goldie speaks from a lot of experience in this area! I totally agree that if you have issues surrounding food then generic discs will not address those issues. What they may do is change some of your views of food and how you think about eating but the underlying issues will still be there and at any time can override the work that the CDs do.

I downloaded an app which requires you to listen to it every evening which I did for about 2 weeks and it did work for a while but then I would have things on which would mean I went straight to bed when I got home and didn't listen to it and before long I just stopped. As the app is generic and didn't deal specifically with my issues with food old habits soon fell back. I still use the app sporadically but more for other things! I have TMJD which means that sometimes my jaw tightens and locks and I usually have to take diazepam to release it but I've found the 20 minute relaxation session on the app does the job just as well!

So yes, these generic hypnosis sessions do have their place but I think it really depends on the person and whether you have underlying issues that need to be dealt with or if you have just slipped into bad habits and need a quick reprogramming.

Whatever you do, good luck with it! This HAS to be the year I finally get to grips with this. I have tried so many times and I have just, depressingly, got back to my original start weight after losing 4 stone then slowly over the last 5 years putting it back on again :( proof enough for me that dieting does NOT work and I need the proper fix in my head! 2 years ago I gave up dieting completely after having the HGB and I lost over a stone without trying. Unfortunately the effects wore off and that has recently gone back on (I am currently laid up after having knee surgery) So I know the 'head fix' is the route for me but I need it done properly with longer lasting results.

Happy new year everyone!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I emailed the company who had the offer and they said sorry I'd have to wait for another offer so if anyone see's one please let me know. In the meantime I need to give myself a good talking to and keep my next mini goal uppermost in my mind. Maybe that will help me stop going off plan.

Julie, if you have a Smart Phone or an Android MP3 player or ipod thing that you can get apps on why not try a hypnotherapy app? It may not be quite the same but it will give you an idea of how the CD's would work for you

Julie, if you have a Smart Phone or an Android MP3 player or ipod thing that you can get apps on why not try a hypnotherapy app? It may not be quite the same but it will give you an idea of how the CD's would work for you

Thanks Taz, but unfortunately I don't have a smart phone or android or ipod. Maybe I should have a look online to see what else is available. I am trying to stick to plan as I am up 2lb from my pre-Christmas weight which is so disappointing. Maybe I can just use willpower again.

A 2lb gain over Christmas and new year is GOOD! My first year of 'dieting' I gained 8lb over the holidays and took me til February to get back on track. Those lbs will drop off easily once you are back in your groove

Thanks Taz, but unfortunately I don't have a smart phone or android or ipod. Maybe I should have a look online to see what else is available. I am trying to stick to plan as I am up 2lb from my pre-Christmas weight which is so disappointing. Maybe I can just use willpower again.

Hey Julie have just pm you. X

As a matter of interest has anyone tried the Paul McKenna Hypnosis Band? Just wondered what the consensus of opinion was x

Hi Jo, it sounds like your therapist is very thorough! Mine isn't working like it did at the start but that's really because I had the therapy 2 years ago and not been able to go back for top up sessions because of location. But the CBT side of it has stuck and I now use hypno apps to keep me on track

That's exactly how I find the apps I've got. I never remember the whole thing and I come round to silence or the very last few words

Back