gastric band hypnotherapy

I used to be a member of the local council gym which I will be joining again soon. The membership is unlimited gym swim and classes at any of their 5 centers. I have one about half a mile away but I don't like the pool there so I go to the one 4 miles away to swim but I'm hoping that the closer one will be fine for the gym now it has been re-done

Jo, that's jut brilliant!!... I know exactly how you feel... Keep up the good work xxxxx

Hi I am just popping in to update on my weight loss this week. I have lost another 2lbs this week. I am really pleased with that result and look forward to whats to come in the weeks ahead. :)

That is just excellent!!.... I lost4.5lb this week!... Hoping for3Lb next week... Oh and Ive never excerised in my whole life.. Now I have the Zumba bug, and I love it!

Very slow at the moment! I've just gone back to work after 5 months off so I am trying to establish a routine. My weight is hovering but not increasing so for now I am ok with that. However, I have about 5 weeks til I go back to full duties at work and in that time I need to lose about 2" off my gut so I can fit back into my uniform :(

Very slow at the moment! I've just gone back to work after 5 months off so I am trying to establish a routine. My weight is hovering but not increasing so for now I am ok with that. However, I have about 5 weeks til I go back to full duties at work and in that time I need to lose about 2" off my gut so I can fit back into my uniform :(

Youll do it, think positive xxxx

Hello

I'm hoping to go ahead with a hypnotic banding process in a couple of weeks. I'm just researching the best type to go for. I've read right through this discussion thread now so want to definitely give it a go. i have about ten stones to lose but unless i go for actual surgery i don't see how that would happen so I'm willing to give the hypno process ,100% effort in the hope it will help me. your posts are very helpful and encouraging :)

Hi Annams. As you have read through this thread you will have seen a lot of advice, opinions and experiences. Although I am struggling at the moment I would still recommend it as a way to gain the lifestyle you want and to assist with the weight you want to lose. That is a lot to lose and you are right to try something much less invasive that surgery. WLS, whilst often effective, doesn't deal with the root cause whereas most hypno plans do. For me I found that discovering and dealing with the reason I overate was the key to succeeding. Please stick around here and share your journey with us

Hello

I'm hoping to go ahead with a hypnotic banding process in a couple of weeks. I'm just researching the best type to go for. I've read right through this discussion thread now so want to definitely give it a go. i have about ten stones to lose but unless i go for actual surgery i don't see how that would happen so I'm willing to give the hypno process ,100% effort in the hope it will help me. your posts are very helpful and encouraging :)

Hi annams

i too have 10 stone to lose, and that doesn't include the weight I've already lost!.. I never went down the route of seeing a hypnotist, just bought the Paul McKenna book... I realise this will not work for everyone, but for me it's been like I've been given a lifeline.

I don't treat it as a diet but a new way of eating, and now it is becoming second nature. I also love exercising, which I haven't done in 30 years!...

I thought of WLS, but I was too big, and was just told to diet.....which didn't help matters. But since this, I know I don't need it, and can do this without effort or worry of surgery.

I have done lighter life, slimming world, weight watchers, Cambridge diet, Atkins and fad diets, but I've never felt this great, happy, positive and alive... Just give it a go.

My husband and I have lost 8.5 stone between us in 8 weeks!.. The results speak for themselves.

Lets us know how you get on!

jane xxx

Wow I didn't realise you'd lost that much Jane! I knew you were doing well but that's fantastic!

Jane I hope you don't mind me asking but have you done the havering technique? I'm a terrible binge eater rather than someone who has for big because they like big portions if that makes sense. It's all about the emotions for me! Wondering if trying that would help too?

Wow I didn't realise you'd lost that much Jane! I knew you were doing well but that's fantastic!

Thanks Taz... I've managed 4 stone 4.5lb and hubbies managed 4 stone.. I just feel great! X

Also the Havening technique is like an emotional cuddle. When your feeling low and want to eat, simply go thru the motions of humming, and touching and cuddling various parts of your body, and it makes you feel happier.. I have never used this, as I'm generally happy most of the time, and just a big eater cos I'm greedy rather than binging.

Last edited:
Jane I hope you don't mind me asking but have you done the havering technique? I'm a terrible binge eater rather than someone who has for big because they like big portions if that makes sense. It's all about the emotions for me! Wondering if trying that would help too?

Hi Annie...

i ve not used the Havening technique, as I have never been an emotional eater, nor a binger, I would eat very large meals and pick and snack constantly... But I would say the Havening would help, as it releases serotonin which makes you feel happier, which hopefully would curb your binging... I do so hope this helps. Xxxx Janex x

Thanks Jane. Will look at it. Tax, it's a dv that comes with his book. It's about a method of making you feel good, like hugging yourself I think.

That's a new one to me! But I get it. Endorphins/seratonin are the best tools for weight loss. If you feel good and happy then comfort food is not needed. Exercise has the same effect, I often find I crave healthy food after a good swim and it lifts my mood immensely and makes me feel very positive and motivated

Thanks for that I will definitely take a look at the Paul McKenna stuff. Didn't really consider it before but clearly you've done marvellously with it :)

I'm a bit annoyed with myself. I got the Paul McKenna book years ago when people were talking about it but no one I knew reported any success with it so I never got around to using it. Then at the beginning of this year we had a new bedroom so we did a massive sort out of everything and I remember seeing it but I think I may have put it in with the charity stuff! Very soon after loads of people on here started to talk about it and the success stories are amazing. Really wish I hadn't let mine go now :(

Back