gastric band hypnotherapy

Sorry meant Taz not Tax! It's a new one that has only been out a few months. Found my copy in Tesco it's not the 'I can make you thin' one it's the Hypnotic gastric band.

I knew what you meant, I've been called worse things ;) I had the I Can Make You Thin, I didn't know there was a new one! May have to take a look at that!

I knew what you meant, I've been called worse things ;) I had the I Can Make You Thin, I didn't know there was a new one! May have to take a look at that!
I had that first book too, but never tried it. I was bought the new book by my mother in law ( when she gave it to me i wanted to throw it back at her)...the only reason I tried is ht her friend had great success, and I had nothing to lose!

After reading through this thread I'm really tempted to dust off my 'I can make you thin' book and give it another go. I tried it for a week or two before but found people around me very negative towards it an ultimately it put me off. Since then all I have done is diet switch between the usual diet clubs and not get anywhere. Thanks for opening my mind to something different as its my emotional eating that causes me to gain so maybe this may help to address this more than counting syns, pp, cals etc.

Good luck all,
Dan x

Hi Dan, I didn't tell many people when I had the hypnosis as I didn't want any negativity to interfere with it. The way I saw it, no one needed to know and I didn't need their bad vibes!

​I've just ordered the new Paul McKenna book. Hopefully I will have the same experience with it as others have!

Spent the last two days (and a good few hours) reading this entire thread. It's been interesting to see peoples ups and downs in regards to the hypno band. At the moment I'm on a VLCD which I'll be continuing until the end of May and so I've been looking at options for after that. I've been considering the hypno band for a while but as a student it would cost an entire months worth of money to have it done. From what I've read the major part of it seems to be more CBT type thing than anything else. I'm currently working my way through the Beck Diet Solution which is a CBT book and which I plan on doing again once I come off this diet. Will be interesting to keep up on how people are doing but I think reading this had made me realize that for the time being the hypno-band isn't for me. So for the time being I think after the VLCD I'll be doing a mixture of CBT, Slimpods and trying to follow SW (not decided yet if I can afford to rejoin but I know the diet inside out). Paul McKenna's stuff looks interesting though so might try that as well if needed.

wow that is an amazing weightloss, listened to the cd last night so today is my first day! Hoping to have the same effect that you had MissMiff :0)

Good luck... Remember, you truly have to listen to your body, and stop eating when you are full, and chew loads too..lol

Let us all know how you get on xxx

I lost 3.5Lb this week, was hoping for me, but my husband keeps telling me im being greedy, and 3.5 off is fab!... xxx

Not sure if I am doing it right - have cut down on my portion sizes so when I finish my plate of food I am neither full or hungry, if that make sense, I have weighed myself and I still weigh the same!!!! not sure if I am eating too little! bit disappointed really :0(

this book sounds really good I will need to give it a try :) x

Not sure if I am doing it right - have cut down on my portion sizes so when I finish my plate of food I am neither full or hungry, if that make sense, I have weighed myself and I still weigh the same!!!! not sure if I am eating too little! bit disappointed really :0(

Keep at it... If in doubt re read the book and place the cd again.. When you are hungy...eat... When you are full.. Stop..lol

I know it wont work for everyone.. but I cannot praise it enough.. I lost 7lb this week.. so thats 5 stone and half a pound overall!... The word chuffed doesnt even come close to how I am feeling..

Good luck with everyone trying it.. Give it a chance, I did, and its changed my life. x

My book arrived today! I can't wait to have a look at it later

All I can say is that after my hypnosis 2 years ago I learnt what real hunger was for the first time! I would wait til I was hungry to eat, I would first drink to eliminate thirst then I would eat until I was satisfied.

Back