GemBritney LL Diary

C mon Gem
It's a set back, but not a disaster. You CAN bring it back. It is so much in our heads as much as the mouth!
You've got to stop punishing yourself and beating yourself up.
You'll see on here, so many people are finding it tough at the moment - BL has gone right back to the beginning and doing Foundation LLT again to address the tough issues she has faced in the past year.
Me too - since I've had breast cancer, diagnosed in April., operation in May and now half way through chemotherapy it is very hard not to say to myself "what the hell -I'm alive - reward - food!
Lots of people on here have struggled with holiday gains and emotional issues - you are not alone. Some disappear, some come back, some lurk and some face the challenge and keep trying.
Good for you for coming back. We are all here to support each other.

We've got to face it we are all people who have developed our relationship with food/weight/self-esteem over our lifetimes (mine much longer than yours!) It isn't easy to maintain - that is the toughest challenge, but you know what a difference losing all that weight has made to you - you are still loads down from when you started.
Why don't you try writing down 2 lists - the pros and cons of where you are now compared with before LL?
Remind yourself how you felt at the weight/size you are now when you were losing weight.
Order a uniform a size up. Drink lots of water when you feel hungry. Maybe speak to your GP or LLC?
See if yiu can get some counselling if that would help.
Learn to like yourself again- I'm sure the rest will fall into place.
Remember how different you feel when slim..........xxx

Oh honey sorry to hear those crooked thoughts are ambusing you! Getting back into the zone can be a challenge, but it is one you can so achieve. What wont help is being so horrible to yourself about it. You would not dream of saying those things to someone else when they were in the same position as you. Show yourself some compassion.

Are you going to group ? It is tough on your own to do this.

Thinking of you xx

Hi Gem so agree with clarabow,don't be so hard on yourself!

Listen it took me 3 times to get my head round LL again,I felt quite low when I put back on 5 stone the 3rd time,was totally disgusted with myself for doing it,and now I have lost it and done it this time!!!
Managing to maintain now since getting to goal,there is not going to be a 4th time for me!

So it can be done if you want it bad enough!

Just take each day write a food diary of what you are eating,when,why,and how you are feeling at the time.
Then just keep looking back at it something will just click,then just change the habit!!
I still write myself a food diary every day to keep on track.

You've come so far,you know you can do it hunni!

I still go to my weekly group which really helps,as I did not do it before once I got to goal the last 2 times.
My friend still goes to group too even though she did LL then did Zante,LLC does not mind at all!

Totally changed my eating habits and my lifestyle for the better now!

I'm a lot happier been slim,you will be happier again when you get to where you want to be.

So stay focused and keep thinking positive," come on you can do it ".
Hope this helps a bit " chin up lovely "

Sexy xx

Last edited:
Hi beautiful, nothing really insightful to say as the lovelies on here have already said it!

What I do know is that you have had a very hectic and challenging few months were the key to your success was the wedding and Vegas, that gave you everything to work towards. Do you think the come down after an amazing time is why you feel so lost, if so set yourself the challenge of Christmas parties it something else that is significant to you! You are one of the most inspirational young ladies I have come across on here and totally kept me going whilst you were posting your fab losses I was slightly envious of your consistency, in a good way! Lol

I have been struggling you aren't alone, lite is hard chuffin work and I just find myself pushing the boundaries all the time and hating myself for it!

Stay strong, keep posting and together we will all do it! Xxxx

Thinking of you and hoping you are in a better place xx

Hey Gem - don't disappear on us again - how are you feeling? :confused:

Hey Gem Hun.

I'm back on total too after putting 20lbs on. Come on we can conquer this. so we had a faulter. We can do it. Bring it on!!!

Hugs

XxxJulesxxX

Hi ALL....Yes i have been hibernting with bags full of food and bottles of wine.... i have now gone from 11.12lbs to 14.9lbs... in such short space of time. I physically CANT afford LL... im skint. i have 2 weeks of exante packs left and started that today.... i wrote an email to my LLC.... but she cant really help me can she if i cant even afford one food pack lol... il show u the email i wrote her and maybe u can all understand where i a have been in this horrendous couple of months...

Hi Maureen,

I have been putting of writing this email if i'm totally honest.... never thought we'd be having this conversation.. EVER!

Well my life has really had roller coasted since the beginning of the year.... Joining Lighter Life!, seeing my sister get married and move to Abu Dhabi with her husband and become a Teacher, and my other sister live her dream of laying in the sun and enjoying her new life in Turkey.... and me gain 3 stone ... oh my god how my life is at rock bottom right now.

I have a good job, which i blagged my way into by saying what an amazing journey i had had had over the last 6 months loosing 6 stone and telling them "i feel i am very ready to take on this job as i know i would never have been able to do it at my heaviest" well they were inspired! thought i was amazing! How embarrassing gaining 3 stone in 2- 3 months!

I don't know what the hell happened... all i know is... even at my lowest weight, i felt the unattractive one in Vegas, walking with my sisters "watching reaaaaly closely at THEM getting looked at and i DIDN'T!!! i paid a lot of attention to this!
i didn't get ANY attention! and this was at a tiny 11 stone 12!!!! and that IS tiny for me! i am now nearly 15 stone.... I NEVER saw this coming Maureen.... i can see my self welling up as i write this.... i honestly NEVER thought id see the day where i would be back to where i was!

Yes i had heard of many women RESTARTING LL but was adament it wouldn't be me....
I am back logged with bills and the new home i have just brought and cant see myself re starting LL till "maybe" next payday on 28th Oct...
I have maybe a months worth of exante packs left... but thats dwindling away as i always START the day positive and have my shake.... go to work... see all the food go through the till and have a binge every night! and start again the next day.

I am a total wreck Maureen and when i searched your email address on line and your face popped up i just wanted to cry... as you have been such a positive part of my life recently... i cant cope, i cant do it and i have no idea how i did it the first time.... i am getting the SYMPTOMS of being fat again.... sore ankles after sitting to long at the till at work... sore back ( as i sleep all day when i am off, so i can hide away) i only like to go out when its dark.
My mum brought me the most amazing wardrobe of clothes! beautiful! size 12 and 14.... only got to wear them in turkey and vegas .... i cant get them over my bum now...... a lot of the weight is on my tummy.... and i mean A LOT! have to order size 18 work uniform... and this is after telling them how fit and active i was!!! i attended bootcamp and went running.... now i struggle to do the basic of things and i always feel sluggish.... I know this email is all up and down and may not make much sense but i am typing so fast and getting it all out...
Theres probably going to be things iv missed out..... I just want to be that happy Gemma again i miss her so much. I Have had comments... "oh you have got fat again" io mean how bloody embarrassing is that! work is becoming a struggle as its very demanding as i work at ALDI and they make u work for your money!

Im sorry but im not a happy girl..... i wish i could afford LL... i wish i could win a competition for the mopst miserable person and get given a free ticket for happiness!

I miss you Maureen i feel so low.....

please help me.....

like i said i have maybe a few weeks of exante packs.... 3 a day....

i just wanna cry.....

how can i have had this this euphoria of being slim taken away from me so suddenly! before i had even a chance to really enjoy it?.... I miss Karen tooo.... send her my love

Sad Gemma xxxx

I'm sending massive hugs to you... Don't be a stranger. This is a hard battle. We can help you through. I'll pm you my number if you wanna text me. It's totally your call. Xxxxxxxxx

So sorry you're feeling so low Gemma. I refer to this as lottery winner's syndrome. Where you spend years thinking "if only I was slim my life would be perfect" but when you finally get slim you discover that life isn't perfect and the issues you had before are still there, you're just dealing with them in a smaller body. I'm referring to the part where you talk about your sisters getting all the attention not you. Even at your slimmest. It sounds like you're struggling with some really deep rooted self esteem issues that won't allow you to get slim, stay slim and feel good about yourself. Why did you put sooo much energy into noticing who got paid attention?
My suggestion, forget LL until you can get some counselling, sort your head out and learn to love yourself and not be reliant on who gets the most attention. Your subconscious will not let you get and stay slim until YOU really believe you are worth it!!! And trust me, when you get to a stage of your life where you genuinely believe that you're worth noticing then you will get all the attention in the world, regardless of your size!!
P.s you can't afford it? How did you pay for all the food and wine??? Not criticising just pointing out, that your sub conscious is sabotaging you and will continue to do so until you're brave enough to examine and challenge it.

You ARE worth it honey so do yourself the biggest favour of your life (not losing weight, that'll come later) find your self worth and learn to like the wonderful person that you are xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi gem
Ur post made me cry! I feel for u honey, but u can do it, u did it before
Love and hugs to u xx

Hi gem
Ur post made me cry! I feel for u honey, but u can do it, u did it before
Love and hugs to u xx

i feel like crying alll the time... im in such a bad place.... i just wish i was where i was 2-3 months ago... happy loving it and having the time of my life. xxxx

So sorry you're feeling so low Gemma. I refer to this as lottery winner's syndrome. Where you spend years thinking "if only I was slim my life would be perfect" but when you finally get slim you discover that life isn't perfect and the issues you had before are still there, you're just dealing with them in a smaller body. I'm referring to the part where you talk about your sisters getting all the attention not you. Even at your slimmest. It sounds like you're struggling with some really deep rooted self esteem issues that won't allow you to get slim, stay slim and feel good about yourself. Why did you put sooo much energy into noticing who got paid attention?
My suggestion, forget LL until you can get some counselling, sort your head out and learn to love yourself and not be reliant on who gets the most attention. Your subconscious will not let you get and stay slim until YOU really believe you are worth it!!! And trust me, when you get to a stage of your life where you genuinely believe that you're worth noticing then you will get all the attention in the world, regardless of your size!!
P.s you can't afford it? How did you pay for all the food and wine??? Not criticising just pointing out, that your sub conscious is sabotaging you and will continue to do so until you're brave enough to examine and challenge it.

You ARE worth it honey so do yourself the biggest favour of your life (not losing weight, that'll come later) find your self worth and learn to like the wonderful person that you are xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

iv literally spent all my wages as of today... im skint as of now lol i guess i decided to choose today to use my remaining exante packs as i have no money to buy any wine or food lol
... i have had coucelling since i was 10 years old... never helped me never done anything for me which is a pain as i guess there is nothing else out there to help me. :( i just wish i was back to where i was a few months ago..... HAPPY liking my job and not finding day to day things a struggle due to my weight gain :(

xx

Gembritney said:
i feel like crying alll the time... im in such a bad place.... i just wish i was where i was 2-3 months ago... happy loving it and having the time of my life. xxxx

Oh honey, pls don't be sad, get on this packs and then after pay day get back on LL. U can do it, believe in yourself x

Oh Gem honey ... dont know what to say ! What an awful place to be in. I dont think I have any wise words to say as I am fighting my own battle myself with not regaining.

Glad to see you back again though, hopefully you will find some resolution soon x

so sorry to hear you are feeling so low.I know you are feeling bad because you have put weight on bit try to look for the positive in your situation.You have not put all the weight back on so you are still slimmer than you were and you have done it before.So you can do it again.Maybe reading through the CBT books might help you refocus on the goals you set last time and where you really want to be.
Take care and try not to beat yourself up,try to like yourself a little bit each day focus on the posotive not the negative.
Cathy

Hi Gemma,
As said before you aren't back to where you started and you can stop the gain in weight. Commit to yourself, write down 5 good things a day to focus on the positive not the negative. Have one thing a day that you want to achieve and make sure you do it. Whether its a physical thing or to commit to challenge one negative thought for the day.
Only you can be ready to stay away from the unhealthy food and to stop after healthy portions. On LLT you didn't eat simple carbs or fast food or alcohol. And even if you can't afford the LL you can cut down on all those things for yourself. Remember how you coped on LLT when you couldn't raid the cupboard or the fridge. Remember how good just a salad tasted when you hadn't had food for so long?
Remember that feeling that you felt light and not bloated, that your stomach didn't have to feel full?
Everything you learned on LLT is still with you, focus on the adult voice that is on your shoulder, that you can do this.
Sending you Hugs and good thoughts...

eatlikeabird said:
Hi Gemma,
As said before you aren't back to where you started and you can stop the gain in weight. Commit to yourself, write down 5 good things a day to focus on the positive not the negative. Have one thing a day that you want to achieve and make sure you do it. Whether its a physical thing or to commit to challenge one negative thought for the day.
Only you can be ready to stay away from the unhealthy food and to stop after healthy portions. On LLT you didn't eat simple carbs or fast food or alcohol. And even if you can't afford the LL you can cut down on all those things for yourself. Remember how you coped on LLT when you couldn't raid the cupboard or the fridge. Remember how good just a salad tasted when you hadn't had food for so long?
Remember that feeling that you felt light and not bloated, that your stomach didn't have to feel full?
Everything you learned on LLT is still with you, focus on the adult voice that is on your shoulder, that you can do this.
Sending you Hugs and good thoughts...

I think your advise is spot on Hun... Gembritany I don't no you at all and I'm only 6 days in but I do understand how you feel. Big hugs xxx has your councillor emailed you back?

Take care Hun

Angie xx

Hi well... when i last posted i said THIS IS MY FORST DAY BACK ON PACKS... WELL I NEVER COMPELETE DAY ONE!!! FFS.
Got an email back from my LLC she shared her empathy i guess.
Well i just wanna un bottle some things.... i have been at my job for 3 months.... started then as a lil slim thing... and now im nearly 3 stone heavier and people notice i know they do! i have been on hols for 10 days and gained more weight and start back at work tomo and im so SCARED! i am waiting for someone to say something to me... and planning how i will respond.... IM NOT AS QUICK AS I WAS WITH DELIVERIES AT WORK AS ITS A HARD JOB! aslo my partners dog ran away yester and i just could run! i feel out of breath a lot and get bad back.. i sleep ALLLLL day.... woke up at 4.30pm today.... im really worried about work.... x

Back