Step 1 Sole Source Gemma's Journey

Hi Hun live the pictures of step by step mousse! Well done on your 3lb losses this week! X

Thanks chick :) I've posted a wee message to you on your diary xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 28

Breakfast - Strawberry mousse
Lunch - Oriental Chilli Soup
Diner - mint Chocolate Bar

Day 29

Breakfast - Banana Shake
Lunch - Mushroom Soup
Diner - lemon Yogurt bar
Desert - chocolate mousse

I'm having 4 products today

Weekends are a little bit harder on this diet plan. Buuuuut Just keep telling myself, this is not permanent once I've got my weight and bad eating habits under control I can once again enjoy alcohol and good food. Makes me feel angry at myself for over indulging for too long and ruining my body image :/

Weekends are a little bit harder on this diet plan. Buuuuut Just keep telling myself, this is not permanent once I've got my weight and bad eating habits under control I can once again enjoy alcohol and good food. Makes me feel angry at myself for over indulging for too long and ruining my body image :/

Thanks for your message Hun! Keep going you are doing Fab! I always find weekends harder without the structure of work! This is your time Hun you will do it! X x

Thanks for your message Hun! Keep going you are doing Fab! I always find weekends harder without the structure of work! This is your time Hun you will do it! X x

Let me know how to link up to your new diary and I will follow your journey, thanks for all your supportive comments, has made a difference :) x

Day 30 - hard to believe!

Visiting my dad, couldn't resist jumping on his scales when I saw them in the bathroom. According to them I've lost 3lb since Wednesday putting me in the 10's (10.12) HAPPY GIRL!! :D still another 10 days till my official weigh in, I'm aiming for 10.7 by then.

Breakfast - Cappuccino Shake
Lunch - Cranberry bar
Diner - Mint Chocolate shake

Hi there!! Hoping you dont mind me posting to your diary, ive just read through your journey, very inspirational! You have done so well up to now, you must be proud!! I am looking into starting soul source next week.. ive done this diet before but gave up after a very emotional day 2, but willing to give it another shot! Hoping when I start I can come by here and post.. my starting weight will be about 13.7 lbs and hoping to lose a stone or two by mid may for a holiday! xx

allibongo123 said:
Hi there!! Hoping you dont mind me posting to your diary, ive just read through your journey, very inspirational! You have done so well up to now, you must be proud!! I am looking into starting soul source next week.. ive done this diet before but gave up after a very emotional day 2, but willing to give it another shot! Hoping when I start I can come by here and post.. my starting weight will be about 13.7 lbs and hoping to lose a stone or two by mid may for a holiday! xx

Hey there Allibongo! :) your very welcome to post on my diary, the more the merrier. Aww thank you very much, that's me in my 5th week now I am very proud of myself for sticking to the plan and its definitely starting to really pay off, I have good days and bad days with my mood right enough but will be worth it.
What day are you planning to start? Have you booked in to see a CWPC? The first few days are so hard, you can do it! I will support you on here as much as I can. Losing 2 stone for your holiday in May is more than achievable on Soul Source.
Hope to hear from you soon :) xx

Ahh if I make 5 weeks then il be so happy!! I haven't Booked in to see one yet, trying to decide what day to start lol! wish I could start this week but got a night out planned next sat so it makes sense to start afterwards!!

I'm hoping to do sole source plus, as I feel it will be more manageable. I have read that your a resi care worker, I am a nurse and as you know part of the job is long days on feet all day! so I'm quite worried about the reduced calorie intake!! but I'm sure If I keep myself busy I will be ok.

it seems that you have a lot to look forward to so staying on track is an incentive. last time I did it I was home alone in tears and thought 'is this really worth it?!!' but now understand it's a step of going into ketosis and to lose a stone in a month is worth anything lol :)

thank you for being so welcoming, it means alot! hope to speak to you soon :) alli xx

Ahh if I make 5 weeks then il be so happy!! I haven't Booked in to see one yet, trying to decide what day to start lol! wish I could start this week but got a night out planned next sat so it makes sense to start afterwards!!

I'm hoping to do sole source plus, as I feel it will be more manageable. I have read that your a resi care worker, I am a nurse and as you know part of the job is long days on feet all day! so I'm quite worried about the reduced calorie intake!! but I'm sure If I keep myself busy I will be ok.

it seems that you have a lot to look forward to so staying on track is an incentive. last time I did it I was home alone in tears and thought 'is this really worth it?!!' but now understand it's a step of going into ketosis and to lose a stone in a month is worth anything lol :)

thank you for being so welcoming, it means alot! hope to speak to you soon :) alli xx

Morning!
Once you make it through the first few days, get into ketosis and see that first weight loss on the scales it becomes a lot easier mentally to stay focused and determined.
Yeah if you have a night planned then best to start after that but you should set a start date and stick to it. Social events always seem to pop up, it's defos 1 of the hardest parts of the plan by saying no and watching others eat and drink. Keep a skinny image of yourself in mind :)
Soul Source plus is equally as good for weight lose as soul source if you can limit yourself to the exact amounts of protein and veg. I decided to to Soul Source for the first 6 weeks just to take food out of the equation as I find once I start I can't stop with food so hope to reset that part of me.
Working as a nurse is physically and mentally challenging so you'll benefit from that extra amount of calories, do you do 12 hour shifts? The care home I work in at the moment is quite laid back and slow paced so not too bad, not quite a hectic ward environment I used to work on.
Yes I have loads of stuff to look forward to this year and next which absolutely helps give me the drive to do this.
What's yours goals? Weights? Dates? Xx

Morning All - Monday again!!

Day 31
1 week till we get the keys to our new house, so exciting!! :D followed by a busy 2 weeks of painting an decorating. Officially moving in 3 weeks. I have about 12 'To Do Lists'
Once we're moved in, I'm moving to Soul Source Plus permanently.

Working a back shift today :(

Breakfast - Strawberry Shake
Lunch - Oriental Chilli Soup
Diner - Lemon Yogurt Bar

Exciting times ahead :D
Week 5 is amazing!! Your doing so well! x

Exciting times ahead :D
Week 5 is amazing!! Your doing so well! x

Yeah so exciting!! Heehee, thanks hunni how'd you get on over the weekend at your boyfriends? Did you manage to stay 100%? X

Yeah so exciting!! Heehee, thanks hunni how'd you get on over the weekend at your boyfriends? Did you manage to stay 100%? X

Depends what you call 100% haha!!
No i was as good as i could be, we did the fortnightly tesco shop and usually i buy sweets and crisps for saturday night (even when on CD, oops!!) but this time i bought chicken haha! But i literally ate loads and loads of chicken so waaay over the allowance, never mind, it could have been alot worse!
I had a sneeky WI this morning and im only a pound down from last Wednesday which i was gutted about but back on it 100% no food now so going to try not to weigh tomorrow morning and wait for the official WI Wednesday! How did you get on?x

Depends what you call 100% haha!!
No i was as good as i could be, we did the fortnightly tesco shop and usually i buy sweets and crisps for saturday night (even when on CD, oops!!) but this time i bought chicken haha! But i literally ate loads and loads of chicken so waaay over the allowance, never mind, it could have been alot worse!
I had a sneeky WI this morning and im only a pound down from last Wednesday which i was gutted about but back on it 100% no food now so going to try not to weigh tomorrow morning and wait for the official WI Wednesday! How did you get on?x

Well done for resisting the sweets and crisps, if all you ate was chicken then that's not bad as its nearly pure protein very low carbs it should not do any damage to your weight loss this week. Don't weigh yourself tomorrow and wait for your official WI on Wednesday and hopefully you'll get a nice wee surprise!!
Well I ended up having 4 products on Saturday because we stayed in all weekend and were watching tv and lazing about , I was imagining food all weekend so had an extra sachet. Can't stop thinking about Krispe Kreme Donuts and Pick n Mix for some reason :( TORTURE! (They make you fatter) no official WI for me on Wednesday as I'm working a back shift so just need to wait till next week for mine xx

Well done for resisting the sweets and crisps, if all you ate was chicken then that's not bad as its nearly pure protein very low carbs it should not do any damage to your weight loss this week. Don't weigh yourself tomorrow and wait for your official WI on Wednesday and hopefully you'll get a nice wee surprise!!
Well I ended up having 4 products on Saturday because we stayed in all weekend and were watching tv and lazing about , I was imagining food all weekend so had an extra sachet. Can't stop thinking about Krispe Kreme Donuts and Pick n Mix for some reason :( TORTURE! (They make you fatter) no official WI for me on Wednesday as I'm working a back shift so just need to wait till next week for mine xx

I must say i was proud of myself when i bought chicken as my treat whereas usually it would be skittles or mini eggs, how times have changed!! Im really hoping another 2lbs will dissapear by Wed to give me a 3lb loss but i think thats wishfull thinking but id still be happy with 2lbs off :)
Ohh im so proud of you, i wouldnt have even considered having another product, i would have been straight for the biscuit tin so well done :) Mmm i love pick n mix too! Yum! Because you wait so long between WI you have great losses which must give you a real buzz! :D
Ive got a friends birthday night out in Swansea next week and were staying overnight so next weekend ill be off the plan from Friday till Sunday but will try not to go crazy!

Good evening!

I'm seeing a CWPC on Friday evening however I have said I don't want to start until next Tuesday as day 3 will be my day off and I imagine il be the worst then. She is mobile so it's good that she can come to mine :) I'm looking forward to starting it but also nervous, I'm a real foodie but feel that when I get down to my desired weight then il be able to manage it better. I do 4 ten hour shifts a week, so it can be hard going especially by the end of the day all I want to do is eat.

My boyfriend is really skinny but can eat anything in sight but luckily supportive :). I see your moving soon.. a hectic time I'm sure you will be busy enough so you can stay on track! I would love to start on the bars but I've read some consultants can be really tough lol!

My goals are to lose around 2 stone (hopefully) for my cousins wedding in may. she is getting married in Cyprus and there's quite a few family members going. I don't have any other plans really for the rest of the year but id like to stay slim so I don't start 2014 on another diet!!

Any tips on how you have came this far? sachets to avoid? etc x alli x

After dreaming about Krispe Kreme Donuts like all weekend, I went into work and was faced with a box of them which is quite unbelievable seeing as there's only 1 store in Scotland and its in Edinburgh not Glasgow but a colleague drove through yesterday and waited 2 and a half hours for them lol, I couldn't believe it. I brought 1 home for my OH and he said it was Devine. I will try them 1 day!!!

I must say i was proud of myself when i bought chicken as my treat whereas usually it would be skittles or mini eggs, how times have changed!! Im really hoping another 2lbs will dissapear by Wed to give me a 3lb loss but i think thats wishfull thinking but id still be happy with 2lbs off :)
Ohh im so proud of you, i wouldnt have even considered having another product, i would have been straight for the biscuit tin so well done :) Mmm i love pick n mix too! Yum! Because you wait so long between WI you have great losses which must give you a real buzz! :D
Ive got a friends birthday night out in Swansea next week and were staying overnight so next weekend ill be off the plan from Friday till Sunday but will try not to go crazy!

Yeah you should be proud of making a better choice, got my fingers crossed for you that you get that 3lb loss on Wednesday :)
Yeah I'm really hoping for a big 1 this time as its a full 2 weeks in between. Defos a buzz to see the scales move down each time.
Oh that sounds like it will be a fun weekend with your friends, will you guys be out eating and drinking I take it yeah? You'll just need to make some smart choices and you'll be fine :) x

Back