General query

dangermoose

Hey all,

I've been losing weight now for a year or so, and I've actually done really well. Recently, I have averaged around a stone of loss every month..I'm almost at my healthy weight.

At the moment, I am 185lbs..I'm 5'11 Male...According to BMI scales, my ideal weight would start taking shape (literally!) around 175lbs. So I'm still overweight and this is obvious to me as I still have something of a belly at my current weight.

My question however is this: when I get to that 175lbs weight (or near enough) and I change from being medically 'overweight' to 'healthy' will my belly still be fairly prominent? I ask because 175lbs for me is really on the cusp of those 2 categories of weight and I'm not sure how it will pan out.

On one hand, I don't think about this much as I know at this rate I will be without my belly in a matter of months, but I'm still curious. Like I say, it's a small mound of belly but it's still noticeable right now..so will those 10 pounds from 185 to 175 really make a huge difference in this respect??

thanks! :cool:

I think it depends different people carry weight differently. I think though the next 10lbs will probably see your belly shrink significantly because at your current ht & wt it's likely you are not carrying much weight elsewhere and 10lbs is a lot. Well done on your fab achievement, how did you do it, are you exercising - that would tone up your tummy too?

It's true what you say. My belly and upper torso are really the last places where fat remains....my naked body (wink wink) reveals as much. I always heard it was basically the last parts of a body's added fat to go away.

Basically, I spent my time doing a mix of biking, running and cardio-based yoga, as well as eating less and eating better. I generally do about a half hour to an hour of exercise 5 days a week, and cut out a bunch of fatty foods from my diet. So I never have dessert after dinner, I cut down my lunch, dinner and breakfast quantities and only snack on foods like fruits and vegetables. Now and again I will have a chocolate milkshake or a chocolate bar, but it's a pleasure I limit to only once every couple of weeks.

My biggest advice for anyone reading this is to just visualise yourself as the weight you want to be. Even if it takes you a year to get to that point, think about where you'd be in a year if you never did anything at all. I was looking at pics of myself from 6 months ago and I look like a different person. You gotta remind yourself of every success and keep that healthy image in your mind at all times..because when you eventually reach that goal it will make your life so much better!

Back