General SW queries....

can anyone tell me how many Rivita cracker breads I can have as a healthy extra please?
I've been told by a group member that she gets these instead of rivita as you have more, but I can't find them in my book.
I was going to have 5, with laughing cow cheese, but I've managed two so far and they're hard work lol

I've seen on here since posting that, that there are lot's of different quorn products. Where I live we can only get the sausages, mince and quorn (chicken) pieces....I thought that's all there was. That's what I get for living out in the sticks I suppose :rolleyes:

All that is free and the Swedish style balls are free too. It's only the stuff like the chicken burgers, dipper and nuggets and the cottage pies etc that have Syns

hi

can anyone tell me if they have ever whipped mullerlights, is this possible will they go like the texture of whipped cream, or isn't this possible, i don't like fromage frais or quark, and wanted something to put between my low fat cake and was wondering if this would be possible.

thanks

Hi, is tomatoe puree free??? I was under the impression it was but I've just read some where that you have to syn it!

Tomato puree:

Yep, you do need to syn it (0.5 syns per level tablespoon).

Sometimes I can get away with using passata (sieved tomatoes) as that is free!

I've just bought some SW recipe books and I went shopping this morning to get the ingredients needed for a few tasty looking recipies....and I can't find Quark or Scan(dinavian) Bran for love nor money.

Is there a particular supermarket or store which sells either of these things, I really need them :cry:lol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - these recipes look too good to not be tried!! :)

Most Tesco stores should have Quark and you can get Scan Bran from your SW class or from health food shops

Hello everyone. This is my first post here so i hope its in the right place! Ive been on the plan for about a month properly now but noticed that i have been the same weight for nearly two weeks now... i'm doing everything right and sticking to the plan to the letter but still no weight loss! It driving me round the bend. Does anyone have adivce?
thanks in advance,

Lucy x

Hi Lucy,

Are you certain you're definitely sticking to the plan?! I know it sounds silly, but lots of us have accidentally assumed something is a free food when it isn't, or underestimated syns and it's all gone a bit wrong!

Also, are you using all your healthy extras and most of your syn allowance? Why not post a food diary in the forum and we can all take a nosy and see if we can help?

Hello everyone. This is my first post here so i hope its in the right place! Ive been on the plan for about a month properly now but noticed that i have been the same weight for nearly two weeks now... i'm doing everything right and sticking to the plan to the letter but still no weight loss! It driving me round the bend. Does anyone have adivce?
thanks in advance,

Lucy x

Are you really weighing your A and B's? Just guessing a lot of them or letting the odd weight go a little over...eg, 30g of cheese instead of 28g and picking little bits off of kids or OH plates can soon add up.
Are you writing every single thing that you put in your mouth down? If not try doing an online diary, either here or on SW website. If you use the sw one it will ask you to choose which plan you're doing for that day and so will not let you have something that you can't have on that day, it won't let you enter it.
Try planning your meals for the next day each evening and sticking to it.
Make sure your eating a variety of free foods and not just ones loaded down with carbs such as pasta, rice and potatoes. Include as many speed foods into your diet such as chicken, tuna, turkey, baked beans, petit pois, tomatoes (tinned and fresh), strawberries, apples, pears etc. It doesn't all have to be butternut squash (some people love it :jelous: ) and Loquats (WTF???)

Are you on EE or Green or red days?

hiya thanks for your replies! I'm doing the green and red days- fun times! Although i tend to stick to more green days as i prefer the food on them. Have started doing a diary and some days i seem to eat lots (mainly green) and then on red i hardly eat anything and find im not hungry!

Honestly, i dont always use my syn allowance or my hexb- always use my A's tho. syns i generally have 5 or 6 a day! and thats generally a glass of wine.

I bought measuring spoons and new scales at the weekend, was weighing things before but not convinced they worked well! Have started using more free foods, e.g yogs and things to boost things and just hoping to god it works! Feel like im eating huge amounts but i know its all free!

I really do feel a difference not doing the alternate green and red days tho.. really want to weigh myself but am resisting! So much so my partner now has my scales in his boot lol

xx

Hiya Lucy,

It's pretty important to be having your healthy extra Bs - fibre is quite a crucial component of a healthy diet and you might not be getting enough... I'm sure you could find a way to increase your syns too - if they're as low as 5-6, you won't have much to cut back on if you have difficulty in shifting the final few pounds. Just my thoughts, but hope it might help!

I don't know which one you mean so will post all three here... Btw, probably best to post syn queries in the syn threads next time...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Cottage Pie, frozen 450g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 8 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 6½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Cottage Pie, Less Than 3% Fat, chilled 300g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 4 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 3 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quorn Cottage Pie, Surprisingly Low Fat, chilled 500g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 6½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back