General SW queries....

Hello, I am new to this forum and new to SW. Today I have had a Green Day. I am not a member of SW and I do not go to a club, my work friend has just joined and she is passing ideas onto me. As I said I have today had a Green Day. I work evenings and since arriving at work at 4pm I have had a bag of Hula Hoops which I think are 9 syns (total syns for the day) and then I have had 2 x C&Blackwell Pasta in 5 - chicken one and tomato one.

I just wanted to double check they are free. I went onto the site - I have my friends log in details and when I search C&B and Pasta in 5 it said they were something like 2.5 - 3 syns on a Green Day - so I am now confused. If they are free on a Green Day why would they show up at all under G/Day with a syn value?

I just don't want to be muching away thinking I am properly following my Green Day code to find I have actually eaten a load of syns!

Thanks

Hello, I am new to this forum and new to SW. Today I have had a Green Day. I am not a member of SW and I do not go to a club, my work friend has just joined and she is passing ideas onto me. As I said I have today had a Green Day. I work evenings and since arriving at work at 4pm I have had a bag of Hula Hoops which I think are 9 syns (total syns for the day) and then I have had 2 x C&Blackwell Pasta in 5 - chicken one and tomato one.

I just wanted to double check they are free. I went onto the site - I have my friends log in details and when I search C&B and Pasta in 5 it said they were something like 2.5 - 3 syns on a Green Day - so I am now confused. If they are free on a Green Day why would they show up at all under G/Day with a syn value?

I just don't want to be muching away thinking I am properly following my Green Day code to find I have actually eaten a load of syns!

Thanks
Hi Lafemme, welcome to the forum. I have been on SW for 5 years and I am just about to start going it alone too. There are plenty here who don't go to a cllub so you are in good company!

I don't know about the C&B pasta in 5 but if it says on Syns Online that they have Syns then they do! It's the Batchelors pasta n sauce that are free. Sorry I can't be more help x

Pasta/Rice

Hiya
I have just started slimming world again ( did it about 5 years ago but tbh didnt stick to it very well - or for very long... lost 10lbs in first 2 weeks and then stopped going to meetings and gradually gave up with it :mad:)
I notice that quite a few of you have savory rice...is this the rice out of the packets (i.e. bachelors?)... and is it a free food on green days like the certain types of bachelors pasta sachets?

am finding it really hard to plan days at the moment with regards to what plan I am going to follow... (green, red, ee, or m2m or sucess express?) i think i am just going to have to bite the bullet and try all of it!!

Do people here find that they experience better weightloss on red days?

sorry for all the questions, just getting back into it.... :eek: so glad i found this forum tho, everybody here seems so supportive and informative its great!!

x

Me again. Does anyone know if Bachelors Savoury Rice (like poster above asked) and Bachelors Super Noodles free on G/D? Thanks

Batchelors savoury rice is free and Batchelors Low Fat supernoodles are free too. Must be the low fat ones though!!

Hiya Cinderzxx,

You'll find a pretty even split between people who swear by green, red and extra easy - everyone is different and so the results they get on each kind of day is different too!

My best suggestion is to first pick the plan that you think fits in with your tastes and lifestyle best - for me that is extra easy - and stick with it, 100% for 4 weeks. See how you do, and then start mixing it up a bit by adding in other kinds of days.

Good luck!

Thankyou paperclip :)
I haven't come across Extra Easy before, i have had a quick look through the little book about it... am still trying to get past the fact that you can have green and red on the same plate!! :D
perfect for my greedy little belly!!

and yet its still as effective for weightloss?

I cant help but be skeptical? but then my group leader did say its not the free foods that make you gain its the syns...

I will have to give it a try :) x

kraft philadelphia light
can i use it as a healthy extra?
if so how much can i have lol
i know an ounce is 2 syns

Oki doki here I go:

• It's only Batchelors Pasta 'n' Sauces where all varieties (except macaronni cheese) are free on the Green plan, other brands you will have to check.
  • I'm almost certain all Batchelors Savoury rices are free on the Green plan, again other brands you will have to check.
  • Batchelors Low Fat super noodles and Low Fat super noodles to go are free on green.
  • Philadelphia light 52g - HE
  • Philadelphia extra light 85g - HE
Hope that helps. Just a little disclaimer, all that is from memory and I'm 98% sure thats correct, so if someone with the book infront of them can double check that would be great :)

Natt xxx

Thanks natt thats great...
have only got the tomato based batchelors pasta (avoided the creamy sauce ones just incase they might not have been free)... and low fat supernoodles, have stocked up on them too...

am on red day today tho, keep finding it really hard to decide what day to have... and STICK to it..

argh... motivation crisis... hope june is a better month!! xx

I've got my book infront of me now and the tomato ones are free :) I meant to say that if you do have the creamy sauce one too either use Milk from your HEA allowance or syn it, and you'd have to syn the butter. I don't do red days, but with regards to motivation think of where you are and where you want to be. If you go to the inspiration slide show, it is truly amazing - I know it motivated me :)

All the best,

Natt xxx

You've done it again Squiddie and given us that web site to inspire us on, those people are amazing, well done to them all.

Back