General SW queries....

There are some on the SW website that are good.

The easiest is just to chop up a load of veg, cook it in stock and with herbs and whizz it all in the blender!!

Grated carrots, chopped fresh coriander and bovril or oxo chicken stock, simmer together for 10 mins and then blend, Carrot & Coriander soup, you can either blend it smooth or leave it a bit thicker, either way its free and very nice.

Grated carrots, chopped fresh coriander and bovril or oxo chicken stock, simmer together for 10 mins and then blend, Carrot & Coriander soup, you can either blend it smooth or leave it a bit thicker, either way its free and very nice.

Oooh thank you! I am going to try that. I love carrots and coriander. Sounds really yum!

I've never tried it but that looks so simple I might have to give it a go! Can you freeze and reheat that one?

Can anyone give me the syn value of Weight Watchers Wine - 2007, Refreshing Rose?
My boss gave me a bottle today but I don't want to touch it until I know!
The label states 80 calories per glass.

Thanks Xassy!
That is pretty high.
You are probably right Starlight. I'll keep it for unexpected guests :D:D

On the SW website. If you are a SW member you get a weekly password that lets you access a member's only part of the website which includes an online syn directory and syn calculator.

Hi Tweety! Personally I think that home-cooked is always better than shop bought. You know and can control exactly what goes into your food, which helps to keep it low or syn free. Also shop bought will be full of additives, preservatives, flavourings etc. That said there are ready-made products that you can use on SW but making your own meals means you'll have a much wider range of things to eat and will be less likely to get bored. Okay so you're not too hot on cooking at the moment but this could be great chance to learn - it's an essential life skill. :)

Hi everyone,
I'm fairly new to SW and wondered if you would check tomorrows menu for me to see if I'm on the right track.......

Red day:

Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled
2 ryvita (1syn) with marmite on

Lunch:
Tin of tuna mixed with spring onion, cucumber, 2 tbsp very low fat fromage frais, juice of half a lime, and 2 tbsp Hellmans extra light mayo (1.5 syns). Mixed in 35g pasta, (dry weight) cooked. (1 x HexB)
Fruit salad made of melon, strawberries, kiwi and grapes.
Muller lite

Tea:
Gammon with 1 pineapple ring (1syn)
Chips made of 225g potato. (1 x HexB)
Fruit salad as at lunch with 100g Danon bio natural yogurt (1syn)

350 ml skimmed milk in teas/coffees
1 x weetabix cereal bar (3.5 syns)

Total syns 8

Hello i wonder if anybody can help me...

doing my tesco shop online this morning and it doesnt have "quark" on there?? i have never bought it before so i dont know where im supposed to get it from.

Also does anybody know which yoghurts besides muller lights are "free"? as theyre a bit pricey for the amount i eat!!

thanks in advance

You can have Activia yoghurts and the Shape Fuller Longer ones for free too. I like the Activia ones as they are quite creamy.

Back