General W/C 6th November 2006...lets have some colour this week very grey outside!

HI lovely ladies (and gents)?

AAww Kam how cruel! If someone had done that to me the fondant fancy would never have made it to their mouth I'd have bitten off their hand to get to it :D Well done though, you are doing very well, hope the weather isn't too bad for your parade.

Hi Barb, I love love love Christmas too! I have just finished doing the kids letters from Santa and they look fab! made my own north pole envelopes too haha I can't wait to get our tree up, I bought one of those garlands with the lights on to go over our new fancy fireplace this year and can't wait!!! I am like a great big kid! I am even going to hang Christmas stockings for me and Pete lol his will be full of goodies and I will stuff mine full of sugar free chewies and Lush bath products hoho How soon do you think I'd get away with putting the tree up?
Peter keeps insisting it has to be 12 days before (I can't wait that long) :( LOL

Hope everyone is feeling good? I am feeling proud of myself this morning as you all know I've been struggling a bit lately and haven't made more than 2weeks ssing without falling off the wagon, I have been in a groundhog day type loop with the same stubborn stone!!!!! Anyhow, I had the ideal opportunity offered to me last night to come off the diet and I resisted (nearly killed me to do it though lol) but for all my good intentions I have put 1lb on overnight AAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!! NOT a happy bunny!

Somebody please tell me I am not totally deranged for wanting to put my tree up so soon, tell me I can do it LOL

Speak to you all later (((HUGS))) xx

Hi everyone

Kam - you have the patience of a proverbial saint! If someone taunted me with a lemon fondant fancy I'd just have to grab it and squidge it into the their face 'custard pie' style .... they wouldn't find it half as funny if they had to scrape it off their face to eat it!! LOL Bless our dear little children! :)

I did something similar when I was a kid. We used to get the occasional 'treat' after tea but were very competitive because there were four of us and treats were thin on the ground (basically, we used to almost fight over who got the biggest slice of cake! :eek: ) Anyway, one day, my mum had cut us a slice of chocolate swiss roll each and we ran down the hall pulling at each others jumpers in an effort to be the first one there so we could nab the biggest slice.

My sister Doreen got there first and grabbed the biggest bit (now ladies, we're talking nano-centimeters difference here!!) and that would have been OK if she didn't hold it under my nose and say 'nah-na-ne-nah-nah ... I got the biggest bit and you didn't!'

In response, I said 'You can have it' and smashed it flat with my fist.
Cue one crying sister and me in trouble with mum!! :eek: (It was worth it though just to wipe the smug grin off her face!!)

Food issues?? Can't think where they stemmed from!!

Barb and Mrs T - I love Christmas too and can totally understand where you're coming from .... however, the house I moved to here is a bit of a pokey, skinny Victorian terrace and there's no room for a decent big tree. SO it's a major sulk from me .... If I can't have a big over-the-top affair then I can't be bothered with the silly little effort we've had to make do with instead!! BAHHH HUMBUG WITH CHERRIES ON TOP!!
:)
(Still love Crimbo though!)

Have a great day everyone!

Christmas is a strange time for me. I used to love it, but now there are so many memories attached I find myself a heartbeat away from tears most of the time. I think of my son, Nick, who died 3 years ago, and all the Christmas's we had whilst he was growing up. It's his birthday today (he would have been 39) so I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and sad anyway. We are going to the tree we planted for him this afternoon with flowers and cards. I usually manage OK until I see Kristen with her card for "daddy" ......
Also, my mother died on Dec 17th 15 years ago, and Michael's first wife was killed in a car accident on Dec 14th 24 years ago, so every time we see all the Christmas decorations atc. it brings it all back, on the inside, even if we don't show it.
I'm trying though, I know life goes on, and this year we're going away for the first time, to Spain. Michael's brother and his wife are coming with us (and they have no "issues" about Christmas) so I hope we'll be able to experience a different sort of Christmas, and maybe enjoy it.
Elder son is in Lanzarote at the moment, so can't come to the tree with us as he usually does. I don't mind though, he works incredibly hard and deserves a break. He says he's going on Cambridge when he gets back!
Have a good day everyone.
Ann x

((((Massive Hugs coming your way Ann))))

Well OMG am I freezing! Still trying to warm up from Remembrance Day Parade! Picture.....me wearing....a short sleeved shirt! standing outside for over an hour!! With the wind blowing and surrounded by parents wearing hats, scarves, gloves and warm coats! Some even drinking hot drinks out of cups! brrrrrrrrr.

Apart from it being extreamly cold what a fab parade...will stick some pics on photobox later. Fantastic turnout nearly every Cubs was there!

Diet wise...sitting here with a lovely warm water with added summer fruit favouring. Finding it hard since eating some roast beef last night I'm starving!!

Crimbo....Oh I love it! Cards are written, nearly done on the present front! Christmas Fairs all starting this week...so will be well in the spirit soon.

Hope your all doing fab.

Kam xx

P. S Thanks for your messages re: lemon fondant fancy! LOL

Oh Ann, I am so sorry - thinking of you feeling so sad, it must be so difficult for you. I do think it is great that you are going off for a different Christmas this year, I know you will still think of those you love but it may well break the spell a little and allow you to enjoy it a bit.
Take care today, much love

Big hugs coming your way Ann ((((thinking of you))))

Christmas is such a multi-layered event: a time for fun and celebrations but also for reflecting too. The happiness and goodwill at this time of year often only serves to intensify feelings of lonliness or loss. My heart goes out to all those who are alone or reflecting on the loss of a loved one at that time of year.

I forgot to mention I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. I wanted to discuss my rather embarrassing 'leaking' problem which has only started since I've lost weight. It caused me a lot of distress when I was 'trying' to do the Junior Great South Run and now I dread coughing or sneezing.
The doctor has referred me to a Urologist for some investigations so I'll keep you posted (remember this is the NHS though - I'll probably end up with a cork!)

I also asked him straight what the NHS policy is on tummy tucks because it's becoming increasingly apparent that I'm going to have major problems in that area. It's hideous already with another 3st to go.
He said that most NHS tummy tucks are performed on people who have had weight loss surgery on the NHS because they're already 'in the system' and are being monitored.

However, he seemed really miffed about it and said that if anyone deserved a tummy tuck, it should be those who have made a huge effort and have lost it 'by themselves'. He said he'd have to make an appeal to some board or other but it wouldn't mean I'd get a yes. He told me to come back and see him once I'd reached goal because if anyone deserved to be rewarded for losing heaps of weight, people 'like me' did. I was really pleased ... it's doubtful I'd get a tummy tuck on the NHS but at least it wasn't a straight 'no' from the GP - he seemed really supportive in fact.

Hope everyone has had a great day :)

Awww bless you Curvy!! Thanks :D :D

Do you know what Debbie - I reckon your GP is going to swing this for you! Think about it, this is the biggest problem GP's are faced with - the so called obesity epidemic and here comes you, faced it, nearly beaten it, all without any money from your GP's budget. You have made it possible for him to make a case for you and that is what it is all about. I have the strongest feeling that in the fullness of time you will get this operation and when you do there will be no one more pleased for you than me. Well done, Debbie, you have truly made your own ' luck' and I think your Gp is going to be your champion on this because of the extreme effort he has seen you make.

Lots of love

Back