General WeMitt Thread w/c 9 April

Mrs Tweedy, I read your posts with shock, dismay & the fury! How could he do this to you? I'm incandescent with fury. I agree with the other ladies get a solicitor, contact support organisations for abused women, (WORDS can be as bad, or even worse than PUNCHES, I know from personal experience)they might be able to offer advice about housing & other legsal issues & have TONS of experience in this sort of thing. Many of the women in these organisations will have experienced this first hand too and will be able to offer emotional support too.
Look after yourself and refuse to let him intimidate you, don't show fear, even if inside you are almost screaming, ACT unbothered; like all bullies he will tire of terrorising you if he gets no reaction.
Be strong, SOON it will be a distant memory & life WILL get better, I went through this in my first marriage & it fades, like all scars. I had to have HIV tests, ex went with IV drug users, prostitutes and other MEN!!!! none of which I found out til I started divorce proceedings, I had a young child to consider & only left him because of his treatment of our child, rather than for me, I felt; like a lot of abused women; that I deserved it. Remember it can be done, you deserve to be happy, get all the support you can from any sources which are open to you. BIG HUGSxxxxx (pm me if you like, I can 'listen' & nothing you say will go any further or shock me, I've known of women nailed to floors, forced to have s*x with hubby's friends & worse.
xxxxsharon

Back