General WeMITT Thread - Week commencing 25th December 2006

my thoughts are with you, Steph. i can't even start to understand how you feel, my nana died when i was 5, she was the one allways there with a hug & a little something, my other nan passed away 18 months ago, but although she lived close by it might aswell have been Australia, she wasn't very close to us emotionally so although i grieved it wasn't what you are going thru
(((((hugs))))) n thoughts hun xx

Thanks for that I am still trying to get my head round the diet.

I assumed that if you do the AAM week you would go out of ketosis, so I take it as long as you keep to what they tell you to eat you are most likely to stay in ketosis??

DOH!!! sorry Lizzie.... (no offence to hubby... well actually... yeah!! offence to hubby - he sposed to wuv ooo not take the mickey!!! so thrrrrrp to him!!)

*sheepish grin

what you like! no offence taken at all! your first response was so funny it made me laugh out loud which in turn made hubby come thro to see what id been laughing about which in turn made him find out id been complaining about him on here so now hes suitably embarrased *evil laugh*!!!

i would defo have complained if that was a member of staff (by letter after the event of course!) but as it was they couldnt have been nicer. i did state on the questionaire upon leaving that they should "get bigger robes for 'rounder' people!!" and the guy was like "yeah, we'll look into that and order some" which was nice of him to say at least. did not embarass at all. but would defo recommend taking own robe in future if over size 18.....who am i kidding.....26!

Hi everyone ,
seasons greetings to you all.
I was once a wemitt so i guess always a wemitt i have to lose a good bit to get back into my hoodie and t shirt but i will and there will be photos to prove it 2nd jan here i come .
Love to y'all and have a great new year luv Julie xxx

Hello everyone, just checking in from sunny Spain. Christmas has been lovely here, we had Christmas lunch with all the trimmings, and ate it outside.
I haven't been on the scales, but whatever the damage ( and there WILL be some) I will sort it out when I get back. It´s a year on January 5th since I started this diet, which has totally changed my life for the better in every way. Hope everyone is OK. Ann x

Great to see you back Ann! Glad you had such a good time :)
I've been utterly and totally out of control (eating-wise) but plan to resume SSing on Jan 2nd. I'm seeing my CDC on Jan 8th but have decided NOT to be weighed for a few weeks until I have a better chance of being close to where I left off. I don't want to be disheartened by what I'm likely to see on the scales and feel I need to be totally focussed on reaching my target without the 'OMG look what I've done' syndrome.

Something happened yesterday that was quite strange. I'm the eldest of four girls and for the past six years haven't had any contact with the two middle sisters (family issues blah blah). Well, as my dad is so ill, we've been making moves to heal old rifts and I travelled out to visit the next one down to me.

She has been very slim for as long as I can remember and was always the 'glam' sister (married a much older man for money etc) and was always making little sniping comments about my weight (e.g ... "Oh Deb, my friend saw a photo of you and me together and thought you were my Auntie <laughs hysterically>. I told her you were only two years older but it's the weight that ages you" :mad: ).
Anyway, I knocked the door of her house, it opened and OMG - BOTH of us had a 'jaw dropping' moment.

I am about 8st lighter since we last met and she has GAINED about 5st!! Also, her years of daily sunbed sessions and excessive smoking have not been kind to her skin.

Now, I'm happy we're able to start mending bridges etc but do I sound a complete and total bi*ch for feeling ever so slightly smug??
If ever I needed to find the motivation to complete my journey and get to my 10st target, there it is. There's NO WAY I'm returning to morbid obesity after that incident: It felt way too good!!

Hi to all WEmitts

Sincere condolences to you Steph for losing your Grandmother.

I hope that 2007 will be a good year for all.

Marylyn xx

OMG something potentially awful just happened -
i bought a new pair of jeans the other day & a new top today & just put them on together & when i looked in the mirror i actually thought "wow you look quite good"
why is this awfull i hear you say?
cos i am hoping that this doesn't ring the death knoll for my diet, cos why do i need to lose any more if i think i look ok?
answer - i'm still a size 20 & 15 stone so still a way to go to be healthy!
fingers crossed i stay strong & ignore the voice in my head :)

The good thing is that you're accepting you look good: something that's hard to accept when you suffer from low self-esteem (as many of us do). It's all a state of mind!

So yes - you look good in your new outfit - but you'll look PHENOMENAL in your size 12 outfit!! ;)

thanks Debbie, i do have low self esteem in alot of areas, but have never seen my self as big as i am, which i think is half of my problem:)

I know just what you mean cheryl ... isn't perspective an incredible thing! For example - I was 21st 12lb at my heaviest and on one occasion I dieted down to 15st 2lb. I felt great, went to Scotland on a short break with hubby and had our photo taken on the summit of Anoch Mor (mountain next to Ben Nevis). I really liked the photo (still do) and thought I looked very svelte in it but now when I look at it, I can see I still looked pretty big.

I expect when I eventually get to 10st, I'll look back at pics of me now and think I looked huge (mind you, after this Christmas food fest, I'm thinking that already! :p )

I am absolutely shocked when I see my 'heaviest' pics now. I mean, I knew I was big but I seriously didn't realise just what I looked like from the perspective of a thinner person.

However, I won't have the perspctive of a 'thinner person' anymore if I don't get my A into G ... as I sit and type this, my arm is resting on an inflated 'spare tyre' that definitely wasn't there before Christmas :mad: spelling a trip back to Staypuft Marshmallow-land if I don't seize back control ... so roll on Jan 2nd and let's get this show on the road again!!

Back