Gerry's Diary - 60lbs off, 20% achieved!

if you say so !! ( i am a bit of a grumpy bum this morning )

Shock! Horror! :eek: I STS this week and tbh I'm not a bit surprised! Still no exercise been done and I think last weeks trip to Dublin put me back some what, with the trip to TGI Friday's, the several Magner's Pear cider consumed, the cooked breakfast on the Saturday morning and the delightful lunch in the afternoon, coupled by a McD's on the way home (well it is a 2 hour journey after a hard days work! :rolleyes:)

But... so many times have I seen people on here going down the doom and gloom route after a sts or a small gain. Not me! What's the point, I say? The missus told me "not to be disheartened", when I reported my sts this morning and I informed her that "It would take more than that to unrail this steam train", she looked at me strangely and walked off :D

I am still as motivated as ever and striving to get this next stone off as soon as is possible, just to prove to myself that I haven't plateau'd and that I am still a fat burning machine!!:D I have so much planned for my future that I simply couldn't allow a little blip like this to get in the way of me transforming into "the new me!"

I am going to sit down today and do my tax return and then work out a food and exercise plan for the week, and most importantly stick to it vigourously. I normally plan my food at least a day in advance, but I'm going for the whole week this time and will go today and buy in enough provisions to see the plan through with the exception of fresh vegetatbles and fresh bread.

I was talking to my Uncle (from Liverpool) yesterday and the last time he saw me I was just about to start my lifestyle change and was at my biggest size. I told him that I had lost almost 3 stone and he just couldn't believe it. I won't include the swear words he used but in his own way he was praising me and was astonished that I had lost that much in such a short time. He then said he would be over here for his birthday in April and would feed me full of Guiness and put a couple of stone on me again :rolleyes: Deep down he know's there's not a chance in hell that I would let that happen. So now I have a new mini goal, to get as much weight off before the 19th April, so when I walk into the bar with several people there that haven't seen me since the start, I can smile at the look on their faces! :) One uncle that will be there commented to me about how "fat" I was getting and I just simply said "I can always change that, you'll always be ugly!" Harsh I know but this is a guy who carries a few extra stone himself, so it will give me extra pleasure just to stand beside him all day! I know, I know.... petty isn't it?:D

So although it's sts for me this week I am still chuffed with my 7lbs off throughout January and will not let it get in the way of my plans.

As always..... onwards and downwards!

Keep on losing - Gerry

Hee hee...your uncle would have defo seen the difference and i can imagine that was an amazing feeling.

STS is alot better than putting on and it sounds like you have a good week in terms of treats so all is not lost.

7 lbs over the whole of january is a fab acheivment....good luck for the week ahead

xx

STS is great if you know why and glad you are still motivated Gerry, i think thats where many people slip up, as their losses slow they become demoralised and give up-DONT YOU DARE YOUNG MAN !!LOL

Thanks for your support Jane, it certainly helps coming from old hand like you! :D I'm not so sure about the "young man" bit though. Next birthday will see me hit 43!!!

Well, you did say you were expecting a STS and i think if you're expecting it it certainly makes it easier to go on and not just give up..

SO good for you gerry, i'm feeling a STS myself tomoro night, big night out last night with lasagne for dinner and several drinks then out for lunch today!!! But back on the wagon again!!!...x

Hi guys

Sorry I haven't been posting over the past few days but I am facing some very serious family challenges with my daughter which could have extremely terrifying circumstances so I have to concentrate all my efforts on that for now. I'm struggling to be my cheery self so rather than show you all that side of me and bring you all down with me I'm choosing to abstain from posting on my diary for now. I am still managing to stick to my points in spite of all the strife I am going through and will be back when I can perhaps see some light at the end of this very dark tunnel.

Thanks for understanding

Gerry

All the best Gerry. Keep us up to date on your losses :)

Sorry to hear that you are having some family issues Gerry I hope you all get it sorted soon
glad to hear its not stopped you in your tracks
cos you are doing so well.
the sts wasn't to bad as at least you had a good time with treats and magnars cider so all in all i'd say sts was brilliant.

Last edited:
Hi all, firstly... thanks to all of you for your kind messages and for the huge support you have shown me privately (you know who you are!) I am slowly working through my challenges in my private life and will get there, I promise!

3lbs off this week though. I am delighted with that, bringing January to a 10lbs loss month for me which is incredib
le, considering what I have ate in Dublin etc. So that certainly put a smile on my face :D

Well done that is fab!

:happy096: Well done on your 3lbs loss Gerry, you are doing well and you are living breathing proof that whatever life throws at you carrying on with your goals is the key and with that attitude Gerry I know nothing will stand in your way

Superb stuff sir! 10lb in January is excellent!

Back